MembersZone Subscriber

I talked to my chief and he told me that if I got there I got there and if I wasn't available then thats understandable just dont waste his time and energy on me lying to him but we cleared that up and thanks for your input it was helpful

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JoeDokes View Post
    I talked to my chief and he told me that if I got there I got there and if I wasn't available then thats understandable just dont waste his time and energy on me lying to him but we cleared that up and thanks for your input it was helpful
    Good to hear. Sounds like he is a pretty reasonable guy.
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

Forum Member

They aren't listed on scene, they're listed as station stand-by and class is noted. Stand-by counts against your percentage of attendance. They are required to review the log on their school nights and sign it or they don't get paid.

Quote Originally Posted by ndvfdff33 View Post
    That's kind of weird. Marking somebody on scene when they are infact not even there. We would get in major crap if somebody pulled that sort of thing.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrianB35 View Post
    They aren't listed on scene, they're listed as station stand-by and class is noted. Stand-by counts against your percentage of attendance. They are required to review the log on their school nights and sign it or they don't get paid.
    Yeah I realize now it wasn't scene. Still though, even marking them on stand-by we would get screwed. Little different for you guys though where you obvously get paid.
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

Forum Member

Yep, to each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by ndvfdff33 View Post
    Yeah I realize now it wasn't scene. Still though, even marking them on stand-by we would get screwed. Little different for you guys though where you obvously get paid.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JoeDokes View Post
    I am on my "Probationary Period" and I have to, by the dept. standards reply to at least half of the calls but I am a full time student at the fire academy in motour falls and I am only home a little of the time or at least in our jurisdiction do they have the authority to kick me out even thought the time spent out of the jurisdiction is fire related. I have been to three calls.
    They can kick you off for whatever they want. Usually they are a little more understanding in cases like yours, however just bust your butt when you do make calls, and show that you want to be there. More than likely you will be ok.

Forum Member

Default ...

for ya'll arguin bout markin on scene in the log books...try using an EA column, or excused absence, class, work, out of town for legitimate reasons, sick...ne reason you cant make it to the station for the call other than you heard the pager but were too lazy to go...however, the out of town doesnt count for bein a few miles away, n the sick doesnt count for colds...it has to be reasonable...n nobody gets screwed for marking guys on scene when they arent, or on station when they arent

Thread Information