Thread: 2008 Afg

Forum Member

Default 2008 Afg

As we all know the time for this years application process is nearing. I am starting work on a grant to replace old and wornout SCBA's. Does anyone have an awarded SCBA grant they would share? If so please email them to: marctrollinger@cox.net

Thanks

Forum Member

I also am looking for some help with the 2008 AFG Applications. I am looking for a narrative for refurbishing an engine (1986 Mack CF, enclose the riding area, add NFPA lighting and safety features etc). Also seeking help on a Suppliy Line / Attack Line grant narrative. Still looking for our first AFG Grant. Have not received a DJ yet for 2007. Maybe we'll get lucky !!
    James P

Forum Member

Sorry, forgot to enclose the email address. If you can help, send info to jherr@lcwc.co.lancaster.pa.us. Thanks !!
    James P

Forum Member

I'm also getting ready for 2008 and looking at putting together a request for rescue equipment. We have discussed and reviewed our past runs and we have determined that the lack of the correct rescue equipment (air bags, vehicle stabilizers, cribbing, etc.) is what we need to increase our safety during the extrication process. I was wondering if anyone has been successful at receiving a grant for this type of equipment. If so, we could use some help putting a winning narrative together.

MembersZone Subscriber

I wonder if we should go after what we requested for this years AFG (which we are still waiting to hear info on) Any thoughts would be helpfull.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dday05 View Post
    I wonder if we should go after what we requested for this years AFG (which we are still waiting to hear info on) Any thoughts would be helpfull.
    If you made it late in the game, many times you may have a chance to be funded next year with a little tweaking. Remember that out of everyone you competed against this year, many were funded -- so that clears a path for you!

If this year's project was clearly your biggest NEED, then it should be next year too.

Forum Member

Default 200 afg tanker grants information

we are looking to put together a tanker granst and am looking for any advise of application examples. I have a 2006 winning plymovent and breathing air compressor grant if anyone needs. Please email me at hoserbt@ticon.net. Thanks and be safe.

quick Q. when I write the vehicle grant can I include the cost of all the equiptment and hose to make it standard compliant? Someone told me to apply for the equiptment seperate but that sure seems like a double edge sword if I dont get the vehicle.

Bryan Tello

Forum Member

Default Need some help

We are looking for any help with a successfull narrative (or any pointers) for an engine refurbishment grant. We are looking to refurbish our 1986 Mack CF engine (close in the cab, new warning lights, body work, other NFPA compliancy stuff). We are also looking to write our operation grant for a TIC and AED's. If anyone can help, let me know at jherr@lcwc.co.lancaster.pa.us Thanks
    James P

Forum Member

hoserbt, I e-mailed you for a copy of your air compressor grant.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Any Changes

Does anyone know if there are any changes to the P G or the grant for 2008over 2007? Things like priorities or the number of applications you can submit (i.e. Operations/Safety, Vehicle, and regional)?
    BB

Forum Member

Anyone happen to have a successful narrative for a mobile training trailer (ie. burn trailer)? If so could you please e-mail it to me at mvolger@aatfd.org

Thanks in advance.
    Marc Volger
    Lieutenant
    Ann Arbor Township Fire Department
    4319 Goss Road
    Ann Arbor, MI. 48105
    (734) 741-5900

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Barry, shouldn't be any changes to priorities, those haven't changed since 2001. From what I've heard the # of apps should be staying the same as last year also. Congrats by the way, saw you pick up the award Friday.

MembersZone Subscriber

We are also looking for successful narratives for scba grants. Also any help on a rescue/engine would be appreciated. Please send to firefighter2co@hotmail.com. thanks!!

Thread Information