Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Accelerated EMT-B classes

I am in an accelerated EMT B class. Feb.4, 2008-Apr.12, 2008.

Has anyone out there done this, and does anyone have stats on the pass/fail ratio for an accelerated class?

I will nt fail this class, that is not an option. But man that is alot of info. to digest in such short time period.

Plus, does anyone have any tips on NREMT testing?

The academy I am in does the enhanced pace emt-I which is one step below paramedic. I am forturnate to have about 5 years of EMT-B training going into this so the EMT-B portion has not been too bad. We have a lot of people who have never heard of ems before the start of the academy and they are testing this week for their NREMT-B before the ALS starts. I having a feeling they will all pass the test. It is a lot of information in a short amount of time. Just make sure you study as much as possible and as our officers told us, get help before its too late. Good luck.

Forum Member

I did one back 6 years ago... It's was a 6 week class at fire academy... And was a lot info to take in such a short time... The thing that helped me out the most was that already had taken half of the Emt class before having to drop out due my job at the time...

Not sure on the pass ratio, but we had class of 25 and think 6 failed the first time around, but passed on the second...

On the testing for NREMT if it was like mine expect anything and chose the best answer as most had two right answers, but there looking for the best...

Jason

I am in a class that takes two semesters, but a freind of mine is in the fast track. He is having no trouble. As long as you are focused it will be easy.
    FF/Paramedic

MembersZone Subscriber

I went through an accelerated program at Tidewater Community College in Virginia Beach, Virginia in September. 4 years previous to that I went through a traditional semester long program in Colorado and hands down I learned more from Red Rocks Community College in Colorado. The accelerated was great though, it was enough for me to brush up on something I lost during my Navy enlistment. If you have the time I suggest the full semester. The accelerated was about a month long and it wasn’t that hard due to having been through it already. Although some people in the class that had no experience with it were struggling.

As far as the NREMT test, it is all computerized now. Get on their website and there will be a FAQs section. In a nut shell it is a “smart” test. It shoots you a couple questions to gauge how well you know it and then it bases like the next ten questions off of how you answered that one. It can go really quick and that isn’t bad, or it can take a little while, mine only lasted about 60 or so questions and it felt difficult. Short or long it doesn’t really As I understand it, it is designed so even if you know it well, it will still be somewhat difficult. Again this is only my experience with it all, take it for what its worth. Im sure someone else’s experience will differ from mine.
    Morale of the story… hit the books hard and you will do fine in the class and you will do fine for the test!

I was in a 5 week course, its a lot of studying but as long as you apply yourself you will be fine.

Default Fast Track Emt-b

Guys,

Where can I find places that do fast track emt-b courses.

It's not proving easy finding them.

Nick

MembersZone Subscriber

My emt-B class was 1 semester. No way would i have passes if it was any shorter

Thread Information