Forum Member

Talking Cat pulls a fast one on Firefighters

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080214/...refighters_cat

Cat pulls a fast one on firefighters

MIAMI - It was the stereotypical firefighters-try-to-rescue-cat story, but with a twist. Firefighters from the South Florida city of Weston spent a sopping hour in pouring rain Tuesday trying to extract a kitten squeezed in the undercarriage of a stranger's Volvo.

The crew tried jacking up the car and taking off a wheel, all for naught. The feline ducked out of reach at each attempt to grab it.

At some point, the cat escaped undetected, prompting the crew to spend another hour peering in bushes and scouring a Walgreens parking lot.

They finally gave up and headed back to the station, answering at least two more calls on their way.

Five hours after the saga began, the elusive cat reappeared: At the station, in their fire truck's rear wheel well.

This time, firefighters used chunks of meatloaf to try luring it out. It was unenticed, so the crew resorted to an ultimately successful three-pronged strategy: One firefighter poked the feline in the backside with a Slim Jim, another used a hose to force it into an open compartment so a third person could pull it out.

The feline was dirty but unharmed.

Forum Member

Much like I have never seen a cat skeleton in a tree, I am pretty sure I have never seen a cat skeleton in a wheel well.

F* that cat! When it gets hungry, it will come out!
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    Much like I have never seen a cat skeleton in a tree, I am pretty sure I have never seen a cat skeleton in a wheel well.

F* that cat! When it gets hungry, it will come out!
    However, it is entirely possible to see a cat skeleton in the fan shroud (well, parts of it at least)!

Forum Member
    Waynesboro, VA, possibly relocating to Virginia Beach in the near future!

A good blast from the booster reel in the first place may have prevented the whole situation.
    These are my opinions, not those of my career department, my volunteer company, or my affiliates. And by the way, I'm not a Junior.

Buy me a drink, sing me a song, take me as I come 'cause I can't stay long.

Johnny Greene: 2/3/45-5/2/04
    Forever in our hearts

Forum Member

Our last cat rescue involved flushing it out of a stormwater drain. All was fine, except for the Captain saying 'it'll either flush out or drown' in the hearing of the lady owner... That one went over like a lead balloon!

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Catch22 View Post
    However, it is entirely possible to see a cat skeleton in the fan shroud (well, parts of it at least)!

Yessireee. A member of mine has the gimp cat to prove it.
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

Forum Member

The cat was the only smart one in the story, it was staying out of the D@mn rain.

Forum Member

We had a house fire where the lady in residence loves cats.The truckies were finding out just how many cats can be stuffed in a one cat carrier.Passing those carriers out of the house the way they were shaking was like getting a gift from that crazy aunt that keeps wrapping the cat for Christmas for you.
    We had to cut one cat out of a roll of carpet that had melted around it.Burnt cat hair.Uggh.
    The next day,the investigating officer reported seeing cats poking their heads up as she drove into the yard to do her work like they were expecting to be fed."Did Mama bring us food?"

Quote Originally Posted by volfirie View Post
    Our last cat rescue involved flushing it out of a stormwater drain. All was fine, except for the Captain saying 'it'll either flush out or drown' in the hearing of the lady owner... That one went over like a lead balloon!

Thread Information