Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default Res-Q-Jack vs. Paratech

My Squad is considering purchasing either a set of Res-Q-Jacks or Paratech struts for vehicle stabilization. I have used the Res-Q-Jacks with a neighbor agency on an extrication and was impressed with the lifting ability and stabilization they provided. I have never worked with the Paratech product.

My understanding of the Paratech product is that they are primarily pneumatically driven devices but can be hand adjusted too. However, after looking at the Paratech website, the only reference I can find to manually adjusting the product is with a pneumatic foot pump.

Is there another way to manually adjust the Paratech product? Is some sort of hand crank available (like the Res-Q-Jack) or is the foot pump the only option other than a pressurized air source?

Anyone used both and have a preference? If so, why is your preference the way it is? Our primary use will be vehicle stablization and extrication - not trench or collapse rescue.

Thank you.

Forum Member

ResQJack or Paratech... easy choice here buy the Rescue 42 TC Struts.

Easier to use and less expensive.

www.rescue42.com

Forum Member

Rescue42 are alot lighter also. my .02

Forum Member

About 2 years ago we were in the same position you are in. We had a demo on both the ResQJacks and the Paratech. The ResqJacks were better , hands down. We purchased a complete set for our Rescue about a year ago. No regrets at all.

We didn't even consider the Rescue 42 struts. Granted they are a less expensive option but they do not match up to the ResQJacks at all. You get what you pay for.

Forum Member

Cool

The ResQJack is "better" than the Paratech system... and you didn't even consider the Rescue 42...

What, in your humble opinion, makes the ResQjack better than the Paratech system or the Rescue 42 system... this should be good.

Another salesman at work I am guessing?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Isitjustme View Post
    The ResQJack is "better" than the Paratech system... and you didn't even consider the Rescue 42...

What, in your humble opinion, makes the ResQjack better than the Paratech system or the Rescue 42 system... this should be good.

Another salesman at work I am guessing?

Wow , did i hit a nerve or something? This is OUR opinion based the demo that WE had. Perhaps i am reading to much into your post , but please do not talk down to me. A fellow brother ask for opinions , so i gave him ours.

Why did we go with the ResQJacks?

1. We found the ResQJacks to be far more versatile than the Paratech
    system.
    2. They seamed easier to use.
    3. Our guys found them to be the better choice. I didn't make the decision ,
    the guys did.

As far as the Rescue 42 struts? We didn't bother looking into them much because the Rescue one town over has them and DOES NOT LIKE THEM. We have a great deal of respect for them so when they told us that they had regrets about buying them , that was enough for us.

I never put down Paratech or Rescue 42. I said "the ResQjacks were better , hands down". That was OUR opinion based on the demo. I also said that the Rescue 42 "do not match up to the ResqJacks at all. You get what you pay for". Again based on the opinions of a well respected Rescue Co. next to us.

And to answer your last question , no I'm not a salesman

Stay safe.

MembersZone Subscriber

I like the paratech system, They may be heavy, however they are rated higher than the rescue jacks, they do not utilize a locking pin, they use a 12" x 12" base. and I like their interchangeable tips better than rescue jacks.

The Struts are expensive however, in comparision to the rescue jacks. I dont knock the rescue jacks quality, I just like the paratechs struts better.

We run with both, but we are purchasing paratech as we replace. I would suggest having the dealers come in and use the diffrent types.

If you are looking just for vehicle extrication, as you stated, go with the rescue jacks, we carry both and have found the struts to be overkill for auto extrication but can be useful for heavy duty trucks and buses. As for shooting the struts with air it is not recommended to do this except for trench shoring. The struts are designed to hold, not to lift, as the crank jack on the rescue jack is.

Forum Member

You realize you are comparing apples and oranges dont you. This is like comparing a .357 and a .22 for shooting tin cans. Is that even a debate? Paratech is heavy and expensive. It will also work for structural collapse, dump trucks and trench rescue if you expand the system. Rescue 42 and Res-q-Jack are good for quick stabalization of normal vehicles.

So... Can you shoot a tin can with a .357? Sure, but its heavy and expensive. If tin cans are all you want to knock down, than find the right tension butress system for your department and your budget.

I prefer Rut Struts or Nightmare Rescue Struts for routine use.

Strong, simple, relatively cheap. The telescoping sections make them easy to store and deploy. The bases feature integral pickets that can be driven into soft ground to reduce slippage of the base.

No, they won't support a trench wall from collapse, or stabilize a concrete slab. But they do work well in vehicle extrication.

I prefer the larger straps on the Nightmare setup. There's no good way to use larger ones on the Ruts. http://www.junkyarddogindustries.com/

Last edited by Resq14; 03-11-2008 at 05:17 AM.
    God Bless America!Remember all have given some, but some have given all.
    Google Is Your Friend™Helpful forum tip - a "must see" if you're new here
    Click this to search FH Forums!

Thread Information