MembersZone Subscriber

Default Traveling to China

Anyone ever been to China?

I was thinking of going and it looked like it would be a neat trip...

if you have gone, what was it like? Food? Prices? Sites?

Massage Parlors?
    The Box. You opened it. We Came...

"You'll take my life but I'll take your's too. You'll fire musket but I'll run you through. So when your waiting for the next attack, you'll better understand there's no turn back."

MembersZone Subscriber

I've got some info for ya. Don't have much time, but I'll reply again later. I went to China a few years ago when I was 16. My dad had to go for work and they paid for me to go.

Forum Member

JHR I guess it really depends on where you are going. I've been there before on business and it was a pretty neat trip. I saw everything from the highs to the lows. We spent two weeks traveling with our base being in Beijing (we would go back on the weekends to regroup and leave again). You can go to the major cities like Beijing and Nanjing and not need an translator, but in the smaller towns you will need one. I'm still waiting on my wake-up call and a bottle of water.

If you do go, go with an open mind to try new types of food. I won't go into detail what we ate, but I will say that there is no comparison to "American Chinese" food. As far as the pricing (2004) we stayed in mostly 4 and 5 star hotels for cheaper than I pay for a Hampton here in the states. If I remember correctly, I spent around 2K for two weeks which also included two flights inside of China and my share of a rented bus for the last week. This does not include food (or very little). Most of our lunches and dinners were pre-arranged and were paid for by our representatives. If you do go to Beijing shoot me a PM and I'll tell you about a bar if you are interested in the "ladies".

Hope this helps.
    It's a jungle out there. You have to watch out for number 1, but be careful not to step in number 2! - Rodney Dangerfield

Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first.

MembersZone Subscriber

yeah I got bored and looked at the cost of a trip there and nearly fell out of my seat. Seemed very cheap and reasonable to me.

I may go within the next year or two but just wanted a little info. Thanks for the help. It was very helpful.

I was looking into Beijing but I need to do some more looking. I was into like a 1 week trip... nothing more than that.

And yeah, do drop me a pm

"You'll take my life but I'll take your's too. You'll fire musket but I'll run you through. So when your waiting for the next attack, you'll better understand there's no turn back."

MembersZone Subscriber

Well while not having been to China...but to the region courtsey of Uncle Sam, all I can say is this.

If you are single and going to the area....two words. Know them, live them, love them.

PACKAGE CHECK
    Co 11
    Virginia Beach FD

Amateurs practice until they get it right; professionals practice until they cannot get it wrong. Which one are you?

'The fire went out and nobody got hurt' is a poor excuse for a fireground critique.

MembersZone Subscriber

Good thing you put that you havent been there....

or I would say its from first hand experience

Thread Information