Thread: Four words

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Blow hard being the operative word.
    Word? Looks to me like "blow hard" is two words.
    Then again, the correct form, in the context everyone's using, is "blowhard"--one word.

So, you either can't spell, or can't count... maybe both? LOL Watch me get banned for calling him on that...
    My opinions might coincide with someone of importance's POV... I wouldn't know, since I never bothered to ask. My policy is: "Don't ask, don't care."

IACOJ--West Coast PITA

MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

I concur with Chief Woods. George and I have had disagreements in the past, as we all have at one time or another, but that is exactly as the Chief says, He calles 'm likes he sees 'em. He has also been a staunch supporter when his help is sought, which is more than some can claim for.

So regardless of whatever it is that is perceived as "wrong", George gets my vote for reinstatement.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Permanently Removed

He's in Berkeley. He was trying to clear the exits to the Marine recruitment center, but he's having a bit of a struggle with the Code pink ladies.

MembersZone Subscriber

Congratulations!!!

I have not posted here in a long time and this news has caused me to break my silence here. BRING GEORGE BACK

Forum Member

Wink

Here's a good question:

Do you all think, even if they do reinstate George, that he'll come back, given the fact he seems to be subject to "banishment upon a whim"???
    My opinions might coincide with someone of importance's POV... I wouldn't know, since I never bothered to ask. My policy is: "Don't ask, don't care."

IACOJ--West Coast PITA

Forum Member

I also agree with everyone here. George is a major player in these forums, and to have the WT ban him, even for a few days is such a crime in itself. He is one of the few here that no matter how bad it gets he tells it like he sees it. It may hurt some feelings but don't get into a conversation with him unless you want to know exactly how he feels on a subject. I am sure someone went wining to the WT because they got there feeling hurt but hey if you are a regular here you know how George is. I have also looked over the past several days/weeks of posts and see nothing different than what is posted here everyday. I hope that George comes back soon. I have always followed his opinions weather I agree or not.

LET GEORGE BACK IN.
    A "Good" fire is not measured by how big it is, but by the fact that everyone is going home safe, and that we possibly learned something new about firefighting. Member:IACOJ

Forum Member

George and I have butted heads a few times as just about everyone in here has. Being of bullhead tendencies myself I have need to see it in a more stern way as to his thinking. I do not always agree with him, what he says or how he says it. But I do respect him for it. George stand his ground for what he believes in and has his own since of humor. Not everyone gets but over the years I have seen it from time to time. I with the most everyone Bring George back. I know he upsets people and he goes a bit far at times. But who hasnt gone a little to far here??
    Training does not make perfect. Training makes permanent!

IACOJ probie

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by the1141man View Post
    So, you either can't spell, or can't count... maybe both? LOL Watch me get banned for calling him on that...
    Gimme a break. If any of us spent our time calling out each other on grammatical errors we wouldn't be talking about anything else.

I don't expect the Queen's syntax on message boards.

But hey, if you feel good with your "gotcha" moment, who am I to deny you that momentary happiness.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Talking Hey!!!.................

Quote Originally Posted by cap6888 View Post
    Maybe he was getting too old!

Stay Safe

You be REAL careful there............
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

MembersZone Subscriber

Angry Wheres George? Bring him back!!!

Frist things frist, has George been kicked off, or is he on vacation? If George has been busy with other things, Fine. I hope that he is OK and I'm sure that we will hear from him soon.
    If he has been kicked off, I for one would like to know why, and for how long. I know that FH forrums has rules, but if you going to gig someone for something, don't keep it a secrete. If you fill the need to make an example out of someone, your the boss, but it does no good if you don't let the rest of know whats going on. Hell, we can get this type of treatment at work.
    So in short, if George has been kicked of please let us know. And if it would not be to much of a problem, put him back on. If I wished to hear from a "company man", I can do that elsewhere. George, if he is nothing else is honest to a fault. In this day and age, its nice to hear from someone who is more conrcened about telling the truth, and does not worry about being politicaly correct.

Thank You and Stay Safe
    Bull
    Stay Safe
    Bull

“Guys if you get hurt, we’ll help you. If you get sick we’ll treat you. If you want to bitch and moan, then all I can tell you is to flick the sand out of your slit, suck it up or get the hell out!”
    - Capt. Marc Cox CFD

Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
    -WINSTON CHURCHILL

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BULL321 View Post
    Frist things frist, has George been kicked off, or is he on vacation? If George has been busy with other things, Fine. I hope that he is OK and I'm sure that we will hear from him soon.
    If he has been kicked off, I for one would like to know why, and for how long. I know that FH forrums has rules, but if you going to gig someone for something, don't keep it a secrete. If you fill the need to make an example out of someone, your the boss, but it does no good if you don't let the rest of know whats going on. Hell, we can get this type of treatment at work.
    So in short, if George has been kicked of please let us know. And if it would not be to much of a problem, put him back on. If I wished to hear from a "company man", I can do that elsewhere. George, if he is nothing else is honest to a fault. In this day and age, its nice to hear from someone who is more conrcened about telling the truth, and does not worry about being politicaly correct.

Thank You and Stay Safe
    Bull
    Check here for more info:
    http://forums.firehouse.com/showthre...793#post921793

MembersZone Subscriber

"I see!" said the blind man. I would still like the web team to pony up and give their official version of the events that occured to get "George" kicked off. Paying customers would like to know.

Stay Safe
    Bull
    Stay Safe
    Bull

“Guys if you get hurt, we’ll help you. If you get sick we’ll treat you. If you want to bitch and moan, then all I can tell you is to flick the sand out of your slit, suck it up or get the hell out!”
    - Capt. Marc Cox CFD

-WINSTON CHURCHILL

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricHoser View Post
    Look at us.... having to ask WT to reinstate someone? What's worse? The fact that he got booted for a crime FAR FAR less than what many others have gotten away with, or that history shows us that the WT can be swayed by public pleas for reinstatement? Pardon me while I ruefully chuckle.

I'd vote for reinstatement, but I doubt very much that George cares if they ever let him back on the island or not. The FH forums continue to circle the drain, and like him or not, George brings a lot more to the table here than this silly forum brings to his.

Each time this crap happens I get closer to pulling the plug myself. Not like I'll be missed much, but I don't recall asking anyone here for a dance anyway.

You may have seen the last of George here even if they do reinstate him, and he probably doesn't care if you cry about it or not, because I am reasonably sure he wouldn't shed a tear over it himself.

With all due respect to my IACOJ brethren who have called for his return, nonetheless there is no vote from me one way or another, I think it is meaningless.

And so we observe FH make another solid slide towards irrelevance...... whatever.
    I agree with this with the exception of our support being meaningless. Is it a case of the the inmates operating the asylum? Perhaps. But the support is good for more than just influencing the WT to bring about a desired result. It lets our brothers and sisters know that we stand by them. I think that is the more important message to send. I also believe George should be given the right to post here, whether he does or not once posting rights are reinstated is his decision. I too am begining to think Artie was right.
    Shawn M. Cecula
    Firefighter
    IACOJ Division of Fire and EMS

MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Quote Originally Posted by BULL321 View Post
    "I see!" said the blind man. I would still like the web team to pony up and give their official version of the events that occured to get "George" kicked off. Paying customers would like to know.

Stay Safe
    Bull
    Sadly Bull, WT will not answer and if they should choose to, it will be something cryptic like,

"We reserve the right to ban, limit access or suspend any user of these forums at our discretion and are not at liberty to disclose the reason thereof."

Or words to that effect.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Forum Member

Default A point to ponder...

Ladies and Gentlemen....

You are forgetting one thing...

WE ARE THE FORUMS!

If it weren't for the forums, FH.com wouldn't get the vast number of the hits it gets.

The number of hits = the rate they can charge for their internet advertsing. It's a lot like nielsen and arbitron ratings points for the news media. Lower "hits".. the less likely an advertiser would be willing to spend his/her $$$$ on the site.

While I have have had "differences of opinions" with George on occasion ( and with others on this site), the one thing I will say in his defense is that he lets you know where you stand with him.

Others may try to dazzle with buzzwords and baffle with bull****, George lays it out the "Joisey way".

Can he be as abrasive as 80 grit sandpaper on a baby's butt? Sure, just like anyone else here.

Hell, he an Nozz even agreed on things... and if that isn't a sign, I don't know what is!

Unlike others who have come and gone... he can admit when he's wrong.

I reiterate my original statement:

Bring Back George Wendt!
    Last edited by CaptainGonzo; 02-19-2008 at 03:05 PM.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

They won't. Sometimes, they won't even tell you. The last time I was suspended, it was for "incessant arguing", as if anything but goes on in these forums 95% of the time. You can report TOS violations til you're blue in the face, but unless it affects a sacred cow of the "Webteam", you're wasting your time.
    Check here for more info:
    Ah...CaptBob, GW's old nemesis. George and I agree on little outside the fire service, and we've had our share of battles here...some of which were quite ugly. But he's right about this issue. It's a clear violation of the TOS and an obvious double standard.
    Do you all think, even if they do reinstate George, that he'll come back, given the fact he seems to be subject to "banishment upon a whim"???
    Oh, he'll be back, I'm sure. If he doesn't, it'll be a shame, because I was just about to remove him from my ignore list for the first time in years. Oh, the fun that could have been had!

Forum Member

Why the secrecy as to what happened? No one knows or no one saying?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MassFireGuy View Post
    Why the secrecy as to what happened? No one knows or no one saying?
    It's all here...

click the link on post 36 on this thread
    Last edited by CaptainGonzo; 02-19-2008 at 04:44 PM.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Permanently Removed

Gonz- the link doesnt work.

And much like H. Woods avatar, I am sure GW will reappear.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleman View Post
    The last time I was suspended, it was for "incessant arguing",
    No it wasn't...
    I am a complacent liability to the fire service

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoFF View Post
    No it wasn't...
    Look, this isn't an argument.
    Yes it is.
    No it isn't, it's just contradiction.
    No it isn't.
    It is.
    It is not.
    Look, you contradicted me.
    I did not.
    Oh you did.
    No, no, no.
    You did just then.
    Nonsense.
    Oh, this is futile.
    No it isn't.
    I came here for a good argument.
    No, you didn't. No, you came here for an argument.
    An argument isn't just contradiction.
    It can be.
    An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition.
    No it isn't.
    Yes it is. It's not just contradiction.
    Look, if I argue with you, I must take up a contrary position.
    But that's not just saying, "No it isn't."
    Yes it is.
    No it isn't. An argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of any statement the other person makes.
    No it isn't.
    Yes it is.
    Not at all.
    Now look...
    [bell rings] Good morning.
    What?
    That's it. Good morning.
    It was just getting interesting.
    Sorry, the five minutes is up.
    That was never five minutes.
    SFPD Member MABAS Division 47
    Told my wife I'm at work. Told my boss I'm sick. I'm really at the fire station.
    I.A.C.O.J.

IACOJ BOD

It was so.
    Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
    Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

Forum Member

Obviously the WT has never been to a firehouse, because nothing that is said on here wouldn't go there. The new forum members have to have their posts approved before they appear and the regular members are constantly getting suspended. WT grow up, and George come back.

MembersZone Subscriber

Yeah it was... I remember it coz I was there with Kiwi when he saw it...
    Steve Dude
    IACOJ member
    www.fireservice.co.uk

London Fire Brigade...."Can Do"

'Irony'... It's a British thing.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Just when you forget about how things work, BAM!!

If nothing else, at least the Web Team Admin is consistent with the rest of the worlds Admin, in that they will only selectively enforce their rules when and only when it suits them. An Admin that cares more about the bottom line, than with whats in the best intrest of their people. How dare anyone question their decisions. "You want an explantion? OK, I'm the boss and what I say goes!", "It's in the SOP/SOG and it has to be enforced." Or better yet, "It's for the best of the organization." Oh well what can you do. Thank you setting things straight.

P.S. Bring George Back
    And the link was working ealier today, I guess the gods have spoken.

Thank You and Have a Nice Day

Bull
    Stay Safe
    Bull

- Capt. Marc Cox CFD

-WINSTON CHURCHILL

Thread Information