Closed Thread
Page 2 of 12 First 12345 ... Last
    Forum Member

I heard that in the next two years that alot of DROP guys are getting to 8 years and are being pushed out. Any truth to that? Anyone take the Polygraph last year? How was that?

Forum Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by FFYagour88 View Post
    so what did everyone think of the test? big outcome ha at least 2000+ peope id say. i wonder how many they are hiring
    I figured around 1400 people (13 rows, 17 tables per row and 6 people per table), but hey, that cool. LESS COMPITITION!! Test was easier than expected. Felt good about it. Hope the feeling is right. We'll see at the end of April.

Forum Member

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Leatherlung1 View Post
    I heard that in the next two years that alot of DROP guys are getting to 8 years and are being pushed out. Any truth to that? Anyone take the Polygraph last year? How was that?
    Well, I wouldn't say they are being pushed out. These are guys that want to retire and are putting themselves in a better position to do so by earning some extra money. Yes, 8 years is the maximum amount of time you can spend in the drop. Also, I think the drop originated in OH in 2003, so nobody has 8 years in yet. These guys can leave anytime though and many will probably start this year, seeing as though a lot of them have 5 years in.

Forum Member

To further explain what the DROP means to anyone taking Cincinnati's test. The max someone can be in the DROP program is 8 years. Firemedic was right that it started in Ohio in 2003. A firefighter could "drop" as it's called, and be allowed to then continue working up to a maximum of eight years. Once that eight years is up, they must retire completely from their position. So that places the first round of eight years up in 2011. No one really knows when or how many will go since they can do so at any time. I have heard rumors for the last test and this one that they need to hire a lot in case that happens. Since the list is usually only good for 2 years, I don't look for them to hire for those 100 or so firefighters that have to retire until the next CFD test.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Firemedic515 View Post
    Well, I wouldn't say they are being pushed out. These are guys that want to retire and are putting themselves in a better position to do so by earning some extra money. Yes, 8 years is the maximum amount of time you can spend in the drop. Also, I think the drop originated in OH in 2003, so nobody has 8 years in yet. These guys can leave anytime though and many will probably start this year, seeing as though a lot of them have 5 years in.
    Thanks for the financial plans for the retirement amoung the Cincy FD. Everyone knows that the DROP is a volunteer program.

Default Any on have any info?

I took the test on the 29th. Does anyone know the length of the process and how many they are taking for the next class?

Default Anyone hear anything yet?

Didi anyone here anything about the next round yet?

Forum Member

Default Heard Anything?

Has anyone heard anything about the physical test?

MembersZone Subscriber

Has anyone heard anything about the physical agility test yet?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Fannin View Post
    Has anyone heard anything about the physical agility test yet?
    I believe they told us it would be 6 weeks until we had the results.

MembersZone Subscriber

Yes they said we would get the results in 6 weeks, but i thought they said the agility testing was scheduled to start April 28th?

Forum Member

Yes they said we would get the results in 6 weeks, but i thought they said the agility testing was scheduled to start April 28th?
    They said you would get results at 5-6 weeks but if you were invited to the pat test they would notify you before of the practice date and time and the time of the pat test.

Everyone goes home!

may 28th i believe it is

Forum Member

Default Pat

Quote Originally Posted by FFYagour88 View Post
    may 28th i believe it is
    The website says approx. 1 month after the written which would be April 28thish. Anyone know anything else?

Forum Member

Smile I Passed

It is the end of April, not May. I just got a call from HR saying I passed and set up my CPAT and polygraph for the end of this month. Good luck to the rest of you.

Forum Member

Default Confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by FireLT23 View Post
    It is the end of April, not May. I just got a call from HR saying I passed and set up my CPAT and polygraph for the end of this month. Good luck to the rest of you.
    CPAT schedules for 28th, 29th, 30th

Polygraphs schedules for 30th

Confirmation packets will be possibly mailed out by this upcoming Friday. Just be patient with the HR, nice folks and moving as fast as they can.

Best of luck to everyone who took the test.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FireLT23 View Post
    Congrats! Hope all goes well for you!

MembersZone Subscriber

FireLT, did HR let you know what you scored on the test, or do you know where you placed on the list?

Forum Member

No, HR didn't say the score or placement. She only set up the CPAT and Poly. She said that I would receive a packet in the next couple days with my score and placement.

Forum Member

I received a call from HR as well setting up my CPAT and Poly. Does anyone know how many people they brought back for this and what the final cut will be?

Forum Member

Thats interesting you got a call in addition to getting something in the mail. Since I'm coming from out of state, I would assume (if i am advancing) that I would hear something over the phone before I receive anything in the mail. I will be hoping I get a call from the 513 area code. Congrats LT!

Forum Member

Has anyone else heard anything yet?

Forum Member

I think they call all the out of towners first to give them advance time for travel. We should all be finding out real soon.

Forum Member

I received a call from HR yesterday setting up my CPAT and POLY. Does anyone know how many people they called back from the test? And how many they are going to take from the CPAT and POLY?

Forum Member

Just an FYI, I'm an out of stater (Indianapolis) and haven't heard anything yet

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 12 First 12345 ... Last

Thread Information