Closed Thread
Page 4 of 12 First 1234567 ... Last
    Forum Member

Got the score in the mail. The packet arrived yesterday. It contained my score, my appointment times for the physical ability test and the poly. Also 2 personal history questionnaires that have to be filled out and turned in at Engine 29 before you start the physical ability test. Hope the info helps.

Forum Member

Has anyone in Cincy got their scores yet?

MembersZone Subscriber

FireLT, I just got my packet today, I scored a 91.85, does anyone know how many people are invited to the agility, or where the cut off score was established? Also, any information on how many Cinci is looking to hire? Any info would be great, good luck to everyone.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DWinton View Post
    FireLT, I just got my packet today, I scored a 91.85, does anyone know how many people are invited to the agility, or where the cut off score was established? Also, any information on how many Cinci is looking to hire? Any info would be great, good luck to everyone.
    Two years ago the cut-off was 87 for the agility and 89 after that for the rest. There are alot of people at the agility pretty much all day long. The earlier your time in the day for the test the better score you got. So if you are top of the list you will be like 8 or 9a.m.

MembersZone Subscriber

Question

I need advice!

I received a score or 93.33 and my appointment is 4/30 @ 1030. The way the tests were scheduled for me, I'll need to take two full days off work, remove myself from another agencies process, plus incur the expenses of a hotel and gas to drive from Michigan. All in all it will cost me about $700 to attend and that's $700 I don't really have. That being said, I'd really like to continue in the process with Cincinnati. Assuming I pass the agility and polygraph, does anyone know about where my score would place me on the eligible list? Would I have any reasonable chance to get hired with this score? (I'm a WM, non-veteran, not an ohio resident, with NREMT-P, and fire service experience). Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hewartson47 View Post
    I need advice!

I received a score or 93.33 and my appointment is 4/30 @ 1030. The way the tests were scheduled for me, I'll need to take two full days off work, remove myself from another agencies process, plus incur the expenses of a hotel and gas to drive from Michigan. All in all it will cost me about $700 to attend and that's $700 I don't really have. That being said, I'd really like to continue in the process with Cincinnati. Assuming I pass the agility and polygraph, does anyone know about where my score would place me on the eligible list? Would I have any reasonable chance to get hired with this score? (I'm a WM, non-veteran, not an ohio resident, with NREMT-P, and fire service experience). Any help will be greatly appreciated!
    What are your chances like with the other agency?

A 93.33 will probably get you in the top 20-30. I scored a 93.38 on the '06 list and came in the top 20.

Forum Member

Got my packet today. Scored a 93.33 and have my physical on Monday at 9:15 .

I plan on going to the practice sessions on Sat/Sun, but any advice on what I can do to get ready? I am a D1 athlete, but I am a cross country/track runner so I am little nervous about the strength side of things. Will I be ok?

Good luck to all!

Forum Member

Does Cincy have a tobacco free policy or do they hire people that smoke or dip?

MembersZone Subscriber

I received my 08 test score on Wednesday and will be taking the physical assessment test this coming Monday 9:00am. This is my third test which I have passed 2004 87.51, 2006 95.14 and 2008 94.91. Tests are Monday-Friday this coming week. I donít mean to be a downer but I would not get too excited about getting invited to the phys.***.

As far as what test scores that will get an invite, it all depends on what demographics they need. I know they post exam scores for recruits that graduate the academy for about a month before the graduation ceremony, which was a while ago and they do take them down. The scores that I looked at last was in 06 and they took some people that scored a 78. something, yeah I know. However that year they only hired 5 people from my demographic and guess who would have been number 6 . It does not matter who you know (I have two family members in CFD one of which is a district chief). All that matters is if they need your demographic. The priority list needed in 07 was, in order of least to most needed to most needed was WM, BM, WF, OM, BF and OF.(O is other if you are not familiar).

You pretty much need to get lucky the year you take it. If I would have got a 95 in 2004 I would have been I think it was #3 over all. I do not think they publicly list everyoneís initial score, they only list the people that get into the academy because at that point you are a city employee and it is up for "public knowledge"

The original number of recruits that they where considering was 20 however within the past month they are considering 30.

They do the same thing with the police exam. My wife was in the last class 101st, she scored about 4% points under me and she went to the class I did not (and no she does not let me forget that she made it). She is not a full on police officer. I know a lot more about that process since she went through it. I would imagine the process would be the same for fire. You have between 2000 something people take the test, 350 took the physical (unbelievably people did fail), 200 are scheduled for the POLY, 75 had references and previous employers contacted, 70 had an at home interview 67 where invited to the academy and 51 graduated.

Sorry for being longwinded hope this was at least informative.

Forum Member

Thanks headski. I guess that explains why I never even got a phone call after scoring top 20 on the last list. These political hiring practices are a bunch of crap. Whatever happened to hiring the most qualified candidate?

Forum Member

How did everyone do on the physical ability test that was scheduled for today? Was there alot of people?

Forum Member

Took mine today at 9:15 and passed. They scheduled my poly on the spot as I was walking out for next week. There was a decent amount of people there, although there was only 4 in my group instead of the usual 6 I think. So people may have been missing out...not entirely sure though.

Forum Member

Just FYI, there are agility tests going on all week long.

Forum Member

Congrats on passing. I take my test on Wednesday at 10 am.

I have a question, I scored an 82.96% on the exam and it says I'm placed on some "reserve" list in the case that they may need more candidates. What is the likelyhood they would need anyone from this list? Thanks..

and congrats to anyone who did make it passed!

Forum Member

Thanks FireLT. Do you or anyone else know what the Cincinnati poly entails?

Will it just be a verification of what I wrote on my personal history questionnaires or will it be more in depth such as why I want to join CFD etc?

This is my first time through this process so I am a little naive to the whole thing.

Forum Member

I'm not sure about the poly either. I'm also a first timer. Any info would be nice. But right now, I just hope I get past the physical ability test. Never took one before and I live out of state so I couldn't make the practice sessions over the weekend. Little nervous but we'll see how it goes. If I pass the physical then I take my poly on Thursday.

Forum Member

As far as the physical goes LT, just take your time. Each event has plenty of time alloted that timing shouldn't be an issue. A couple of individual recommendations.

Event 3: Step back far enough before you turn the ladder, I saw quite a few ppl bang it against the wall.

Event 7: the self-rescue event. You have to hang first and swing yourself up. Just get your feet up on the ledge and you will be fine.

As for the other events, I didn't see many people struggle with them. They weren't too bad.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Forum Member

Thumbs up Thanks

That helps alot. I appreciate the info. If I make it to the poly on Thursday, I'll return the favor by answering your question (once I know the answer myself)

Forum Member

I passed my physical test on Monday. I was the first group to go and the second in my group. So I dont know if anyone failed or not but I heard one guy from my group failed. As far as the polygraph goes they have you fill out about another 20 pages or so of questions with a good amount of them being almost the same as on your questionnaire packet. There are a few questions that go a little more in depth, and prepare to be there for a while.

Forum Member

I know I'm kinda jumping the gun but time it seems kinda fast. Anyone heard something about when they plan on starting a rookie class?

Forum Member

I heard the first class would be by Oct. 7th

Forum Member

Anybody gone through the poly yet?
    Last edited by crazydave; 05-02-2008 at 02:27 PM.

Forum Member

I over heard them talking at the registration desk during the physical agility test and they said that the next class was in October. Thats great news. Has anyone taken their poly yet. Is it just the poly with a review of your info packet or does it include finger printing, driving record check, etc..?

Forum Member

I took the poly on Thursday. You have another 17 page packet to fill out when you get there. And then the fun begins. Alittle nerve racking with all the gadgets hooked up to you. But it's not to bad. Just be honest.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 12 First 1234567 ... Last

Thread Information