Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Forum Member

I know most of these topics have been covered but just wanted to add my 2 cents. The CPAT is pretty straight forward and for the most part pretty easy. The best advice is pay attention to the directions and concentrate on what you are doing because sometimes one small mistake and you are gone for good. For the self-rescue, picture a scaffolding (probably about 5'x5') framed up with a piece of plywood on top with a hole (maybe 2'x2') cut out in the middle. The hole is about 8' of the ground with a ladder to get you started and all you do is pull yourself up through it, most people just kick their feet up and bring the rest of the body up next, pretty easy. The maze is not too bad either as long as you're not closterphobic or "afraid of the dark", neither of which would make a very good firefighter. The set-up is in the back of a semi trailer and they put a mask on you which is painted black so you can't see and you have to fell your way through a maze on your hands and knees. If it is the same as last time the practice maze and the testing maze are not the same so just get used to feeling your way around when you can't see a thing and don't worry about trying to remember the way you went through the maze. Also, the last time they scheduled your poly right after you passed the CPAT and since they only do a handful of poly's a day it may take a while to get them all done. Good luck to everyone who's still in it.

Forum Member

Thumbs up

Thanks for the info Hoss14. That realy helps.

Forum Member

I also was called by HR and had my CPAT and POLY scheduled. How many people were called back for these tests and what are they going to narrow it down to from here?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by FireLT23 View Post
    Thanks for the info Hoss14. That realy helps.
    I second that...thank you!

Forum Member

I guess we'll get our letters Saturday for us local people.

Forum Member

I got a call from HR scheduling my CPAT and POLY. I was wondering if anyone knows how many people they brought back for this and how many they are gonna cut down to after??

Hello All,

Any locals receive their packets yet??

Forum Member

Did any of the locals hear anything back from Cincy this weekend?

Forum Member

I heard back from HR last week but I am from out of state. They scheduled me for a CPAT and POLY. Does anyone know how many people they called back and how many they are going to cut down from here?

Forum Member

So the practice for the test is this weekend and the first day of the test is Monday. Is this right?
    Last edited by Leatherlung1; 04-21-2008 at 05:27 PM.

Forum Member

I believe so, HR said the practice sessions were Sat 26th and Sun 27th. Testing is after that. Anyone get their packet? How did you score? I got an 88.15%
    Last edited by FireLT23; 04-22-2008 at 08:59 AM.

Forum Member

didnt get anything yet but im from michigan

Forum Member

I scored higher than a 90 on the test. Got a call scheduling my cpat and poly from HR about a week ago. Got the full packet in the mail today. Does anyone know how many people they called back and how many they are going to cut to from here?

Forum Member

LT did you get your score over the phone or in the mail?

Forum Member

As of today the 22nd I haven't heard anything and I live in Cincinnati... Is the practice CPAT open to anyone?

Forum Member

Got the score in the mail. The packet arrived yesterday. It contained my score, my appointment times for the physical ability test and the poly. Also 2 personal history questionnaires that have to be filled out and turned in at Engine 29 before you start the physical ability test. Hope the info helps.

Forum Member

Has anyone in Cincy got their scores yet?

MembersZone Subscriber

FireLT, I just got my packet today, I scored a 91.85, does anyone know how many people are invited to the agility, or where the cut off score was established? Also, any information on how many Cinci is looking to hire? Any info would be great, good luck to everyone.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DWinton View Post
    FireLT, I just got my packet today, I scored a 91.85, does anyone know how many people are invited to the agility, or where the cut off score was established? Also, any information on how many Cinci is looking to hire? Any info would be great, good luck to everyone.
    Two years ago the cut-off was 87 for the agility and 89 after that for the rest. There are alot of people at the agility pretty much all day long. The earlier your time in the day for the test the better score you got. So if you are top of the list you will be like 8 or 9a.m.

MembersZone Subscriber

Question

I need advice!

I received a score or 93.33 and my appointment is 4/30 @ 1030. The way the tests were scheduled for me, I'll need to take two full days off work, remove myself from another agencies process, plus incur the expenses of a hotel and gas to drive from Michigan. All in all it will cost me about $700 to attend and that's $700 I don't really have. That being said, I'd really like to continue in the process with Cincinnati. Assuming I pass the agility and polygraph, does anyone know about where my score would place me on the eligible list? Would I have any reasonable chance to get hired with this score? (I'm a WM, non-veteran, not an ohio resident, with NREMT-P, and fire service experience). Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thread Information