Thread: The New Guy...

Forum Member

Ellsworth AFB/Rapid City SD, (Currently Deployed)

Exclamation The New Guy...

Hello all, the name is Rob. I have wanted to be a FF most of my life but never really looked into doing it. Im currently in the USAF and currently deployed (yay me) Right now I'm working on my degree in Fire Science while Im still in, and hope to get hired when I get out by the Phoenix FD. Im also a volunteer fire fighter for my local city back at home station, though I am fairly new but hope to learn a lot from it when I return from deployment.

I hope to learn a lot from the people here and mainly look forward to learning great tips for getting from where I am now, to full fledged FF. I dont see the action I wanted in the military, I hope it is there in FF. I hope to carry on the tradition of being a fire fighter to my children and them to theirs. Ive had some medical hands on experience in the past so blood and fatalities dont bother me as much, Ive also ran IV's and a lot of SABC (self-aid buddy care) courses so Im familiar with CPR and various treatments to injuries.

Forum Member

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Thread Information