Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BLSboy View Post
    I see your man crush continues.....

Love ya Bro!

haha.

Thought this one was fitting...
    Photobucket
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

I can never pass up an easy target.
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

Forum Member

I can never pass up an easy target.
    You must be a charter member to the AHTP...

This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

Quote Originally Posted by RFxplr326 View Post
    You must be a charter member to the AHTP...

Ouch! Didn't I recruit you! You cant turn on me!
    And used my own line against me! Damn. This is a turn.
    Dems fighting words
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF

Forum Member

Ouch! Didn't I recruit you! You cant turn on me!
    And used my own line against me! Damn. This is a turn.
    Dems fighting words
    BIG WHITE FLAG.

Sorry Cap. It was those guys over in Cocoa Beach... they made me do it!
    Firefighter/EMT

BIG WHITE FLAG.

Sorry Cap. It was those guys over in Cocoa Beach... they made me do it!
    Uh huh. Blame it on my buddies huh? I have known the Training Captain there since I was a wee explorer.

If ya ever wanna work here, you gotta kiss the right butts.....and you aren't doing so well.

AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF

Forum Member

Uh huh. Blame it on my buddies huh? I have known the Training Captain there since I was a wee explorer.

If ya ever wanna work here, you gotta kiss the right butts.....and you aren't doing so well.

You gotta do what ya gotta do...

Firefighter/EMT

Shoot, I almost forgot, that Amendment One shot all us Fla depts right in the foot when it comes to funding. Well maybe once the time you get your Standards, and Paramedic, they will be hiring....
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF

Forum Member

Shoot, I almost forgot, that Amendment One shot all us Fla depts right in the foot when it comes to funding. Well maybe once the time you get your Standards, and Paramedic, they will be hiring....
    So basically I don't have a chance and it would be pointless to try?

Hell, I can always go down and visit... Should be down there about this time next year.
    Firefighter/EMT

So basically I don't have a chance and it would be pointless to try?

Hell, I can always go down and visit... Should be down there about this time next year.
    Its tough to call right now. There are lawsuits, and countersuits right now. It is still a beautiful area to live in. Hopefully this time next year, I will be in the hiring process for Orlando FD....*crosses fingers*
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF

Forum Member

Its tough to call right now. There are lawsuits, and countersuits right now. It is still a beautiful area to live in. Hopefully this time next year, I will be in the hiring process for Orlando FD....*crosses fingers*
    That sucks... Don't you wish sometimes that everything was civil? Well... I guess that word is overused - I mean, how can you have a "civil" war?
    Definately a beautiful area... I'd go back in a heartbeat when the chance arises.
    Niiice. From what I hear on here and other places, Orlanado is a pretty good department... That's on my "dream-list" too. That's at the bottom, though because I don't think I have much of a chance making it on there...
    Firefighter/EMT

That sucks... Don't you wish sometimes that everything was civil? Well... I guess that word is overused - I mean, how can you have a "civil" war?
    Definately a beautiful area... I'd go back in a heartbeat when the chance arises.
    Niiice. From what I hear on here and other places, Orlanado is a pretty good department... That's on my "dream-list" too. That's at the bottom, though because I don't think I have much of a chance making it on there...
    I spent the weekend at the Orlando Fire Conference. That pretty much solidified my commitment to work there. As long as you are in shape, and know your book, then you are good to go. And the Brotherhood there is beyond anything I have anything I have ever experienced....
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF

Forum Member

Default duties

like people have said it veries from what state you are in New York sucks we cant do anything
    Quint 320 Yeah

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by EXPCHIEF5E18 View Post
    My explorer post is re-doing our bylaws and we are adding a section on duties on the fire ground. I was wondering what other explorer posts can and cannot do on the fire ground. This will help alot. If you have a section in your by-law or SOG if you can please email it to me.

Thanks
    Hey,I am the captain/president of my post and we have a pretty good amount of SOG's we have to follow. IF you are interested i can email them to you . My Email is COmngetit24@aol.com. For the most part it is. You cannot ride on Med calls if you are not EMS Apprentice certified. You can go on all trucks. You cannot go on mutual aid forestry fires. Unless like me and another Explorer we are Forestry 1 certified so we can. On fire scenes we can do exterior attacks. Climb ladders. but cannot exceed 35 feet which is our highest ground ladder. If it is mutual aid it is mostly "gopher" stuff but at a fire in our town it can range from many things. I have been on calls where i was the first man on the nozzle because my company was the first truck on scene. (exterior line)

Forum Member

Yes we're serious.
    We can use English and some proper grammar, too. Amazing, huh?
    How do you think you haven't been on any runs??? And yes, some of us can do some things, just maybe you can't.

dude just cause i mispell some words or dont use proper punctuation on a internet forum doesnt mean im retarded so u need to f**** off

and i havent been on any runs cause ive only been there for 3 months and "ride alongs" are still under dispute by the captains/liutenents etc.

Forum Member

They don't let you out because they can't understand the words you say, and they are afraid you will video tape them. Go get an education junior!
    dude like i said to the other guy who is mocking my internet grammar stfu who the hell cares ITS THE INTERNET
    and i'm prolly smarter than you and probably way more into firefighting than you

Quote Originally Posted by 90GFD90 View Post
    I am not an explorer, I am a junior firefighter (I know, same thing, basically) in Guilford, VT and our rules are as follows:
    No interior operations, exterior only.
    No responses to the Interstate.
    No mutual aid responses.
    No driving apparatus.
    No red lights on vehicles until 18.
    Pager issued when 16 and/or after 6 months.
    Pager may not be on at school.
    May not leave school or school function for calls.
    Those are our rules.
    I'm a Jr. FF in Baileyton, TN and I'm the only Jr. FF in the Dept, so the above rules are the same except that I'm home-schooled so I can respond whenever, and I can go on Mutual Aid calls, our dept. doesn't allow red-lights, and since you have to be 16 to get into the dept. that's when you get your pager. I hope I was understandable. I do know a buddy of mine is in a dept. that will let him do interior as long as the fire is under control. The only problem I have with that is: we all know how fast a fire can get out of control.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by crazyaboutEMS17 View Post
    I'm a Jr. FF in Baileyton, TN and I'm the only Jr. FF in the Dept, so the above rules are the same except that I'm home-schooled so I can respond whenever, and I can go on Mutual Aid calls, our dept. doesn't allow red-lights, and since you have to be 16 to get into the dept. that's when you get your pager. I hope I was understandable. I do know a buddy of mine is in a dept. that will let him do interior as long as the fire is under control. The only problem I have with that is: we all know how fast a fire can get out of control.
    16 to get into the Department as a JUNIOR, or as a actual volunteer FIREFIGHTER? I always thought it was 18, or is that just in Ohio?

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanG View Post
    16 to get into the Department as a JUNIOR, or as a actual volunteer FIREFIGHTER? I always thought it was 18, or is that just in Ohio?
    Rules are different from state to state.
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanG View Post
    Like others have said it changes state to state. It's 16 in MD to get in a junior, but you can still get your EMT-B and FFI & II certifications.

Thread Information