Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 59 of 59
  1. #41
    Forum Member JonathanG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    178

    Default

    Interesting. I figured it varied from state to state, but I would've thought it would always be 18+. Sixteen is a little young to be able to be a full vollie in my opinion, as we have school to worry about and get in the way of responding, etc.

    Ah well.


  2. #42
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    PG County, MD
    Posts
    428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JonathanG View Post
    Interesting. I figured it varied from state to state, but I would've thought it would always be 18+. Sixteen is a little young to be able to be a full vollie in my opinion, as we have school to worry about and get in the way of responding, etc.

    Ah well.
    During school hours Juniors(16-17) are not permitted to enter IDLH's. We don't do responses from home/school either. Anything coming to the scene comes from the station which is staffed 24/7 by career and supplemented with volunteers at night and on the weekends.

  3. #43
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    West Texas
    Posts
    124

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by somebody509 View Post
    During school hours Juniors(16-17) are not permitted to enter IDLH's. We don't do responses from home/school either. Anything coming to the scene comes from the station which is staffed 24/7 by career and supplemented with volunteers at night and on the weekends.
    Basic thing we do. Responding from outside the station invites problems...

  4. #44
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Roch NY
    Posts
    29

    Cool duties

    one you turn 18 in new york state you can join and then you are aloud to do everything anyone else can do but the one stipulation is you ant go out on the first engine.
    Quint 320 Yeah

  5. #45
    Forum Member backsteprescue123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Erfdlieutenant View Post
    one you turn 18 in new york state you can join and then you are aloud to do everything anyone else can do but the one stipulation is you ant go out on the first engine.
    I do believe that it is spelled allowed.
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------

  6. #46
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    West Texas
    Posts
    124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RFRDxplorer View Post
    I do believe that it is spelled allowed.
    You some kind of perfectionist? You're always correcting grammar/spelling...

  7. #47
    Forum Member Futureemt73193's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    In my town :-)
    Posts
    337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerLt1991 View Post
    You some kind of perfectionist? You're always correcting grammar/spelling...
    Ok so no one else has to do this here is your answer from other threads and I agree.

    "USE SPELL CHECK and proper grammar. You could have done everything right but if your report looks like a third grader wrote it, good luck with it holding up in a court."
    jccrabby3084


    "Before stepping up to a leather helmet, may I suggest purchasing or downloading some form of spelling helper? It makes you look a little more professional and it shows some kind of maturity."
    RFxplr326



    "There is nothing wrong with telling somebody they should improve their grammar and or spelling. I think people will take somebodys questions or posts a little more serious if they don't type like a sixth grader."
    ndvfdff33


    "I have to be on RFxplr326 and ndvfdff33's side one this one. The fire service is supposed to be a professional occupation. That means using proper grammer. You should practice that no matter where you go or what you do. That includes when talking on internet forums."
    firemonkey311
    Last edited by Futureemt73193; 03-11-2008 at 10:21 PM.
    ~But with God all things are possible. Matthew 19:26~

    ~The very worst fire plan is no plan. The next worse is two plans. ~

    ~Stay Safe! Everyone Goes Home!~

  8. #48
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Toledo/Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerLt1991 View Post
    You some kind of perfectionist? You're always correcting grammar/spelling...
    And if he is, why is that a problem?

    FutureEMT said it all...

    And it annoys the hell out of me when grown people talk in public in... well Ebonics. Use it in AIM, use it on Yahoo!, but keep it away from the fire service. Be mature and professional around here. People who use incorrect spelling and bad grammar to attempt to make themselves look "kewl," not only need a life, but to grow up. And its those sort of people who are part of the problem of this place detriorating as well as the people who try to fight over the internet, make extremely dumb comments, and... I'm going to stop now.
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

  9. #49
    Forum Member backsteprescue123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RFxplr326 View Post
    And if he is, why is that a problem?
    I'm not like that down at the station am I????

    It just ****es me off when people are performing ummm how should I say this......... below my expectations.


    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------

  10. #50
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Toledo/Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RFRDxplorer View Post
    I'm not like that down at the station am I????
    I regret to inform you, Probie Explorer, but yes, you are exactly like that. Now you understand why those two familes hate you...

    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

  11. #51
    Forum Member backsteprescue123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RFxplr326 View Post
    I regret to inform you, Probie Explorer, but yes, you are exactly like that. Now you understand why those two familes hate you...

    Ya I kinda figured that.


    Note the other text in my above post.

    I dont expect anyone to be perfect, but I expect them to know at a minimum, the ***** that they are taught in drill. AT A BARE MINIMUM!

    Hell, I'm not perfect, I've made plenty of mistakes in drills and on calls, but you can only attain perfection if that is your goal. Anything else and you will come up short.
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------

  12. #52
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    yellow springs ,Oh
    Posts
    7

    Exclamation

    in my post we:
    have radios after 1 year/pager before
    can go on any medic call unless police are called to scene/some exeptions
    exterior attacks
    search and rescue in the state park
    all fire calls
    all accidents
    are allowed out of shcool for training and big calls
    can ride on enigne, medic, rescue, tanker
    must wear class b uniform unless on fire call or in fire training
    get own fire gear

    in my other post:no pager/radio
    fire calls only
    not allowed out of school

  13. #53
    Gone.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    365

    Default

    Guyz srsly, roflmao funneh lol

  14. #54
    Forum Member ndvfdff33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Winterpeg Manitoba
    Posts
    2,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by creager8103 View Post
    in my post we:
    have radios after 1 year/pager before
    can go on any medic call unless police are called to scene/some exeptions
    exterior attacks
    search and rescue in the state park
    all fire calls
    all accidents
    are allowed out of shcool for training and big calls
    can ride on enigne, medic, rescue, tanker
    must wear class b uniform unless on fire call or in fire training
    get own fire gear

    in my other post:no pager/radio
    fire calls only
    not allowed out of school
    Anybody else see something brutally wrong with that very highlighted post????

    Your telling me that your dept allows you to cut off class to go to training?? Are you guys on glue?? That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of. If you guys are doing a presentation your entire school would be at, like some of the MADD presentations, sure. But to leave class to go a training burn or any other training is just stupid. Leaving school for calls is bad enough.
    Last edited by ndvfdff33; 03-13-2008 at 04:15 PM.
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

    Ryan

  15. #55
    Forum Member dave29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Vestal NY
    Posts
    459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ndvfdff33 View Post
    Anybody else see something brutally wrong with that very highlighted post????

    Your telling me that your dept allows you to cut off class to go to training?? Are you guys on glue?? That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of. If you guys are doing a presentation your entire school would be at, like some of the MADD presentations, sure. But to leave class to go a training burn or any other training is just stupid. Leaving school for calls is bad enough.
    Remember this?
    http://forums.firehouse.com/showthread.php?t=29771

    LMAO had to do it, Quack Quack
    Firefighter for Vestal 32-2

    American Red Cross Volunteer

  16. #56
    Forum Member ndvfdff33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Winterpeg Manitoba
    Posts
    2,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dave29 View Post
    Remember this?
    http://forums.firehouse.com/showthread.php?t=29771

    LMAO had to do it, Quack Quack
    Nope, not at all.


    Your still quacking, without official approval to the group.
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

    Ryan

  17. #57
    Forum Member dave29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Vestal NY
    Posts
    459

    Default

    Roflmao Hahahaha
    Firefighter for Vestal 32-2

    American Red Cross Volunteer

  18. #58
    Forum Member crazyaboutEMS17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    36

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by JonathanG View Post
    16 to get into the Department as a JUNIOR, or as a actual volunteer FIREFIGHTER? I always thought it was 18, or is that just in Ohio?
    dang-it! I knew I'd not be clear about something! so...just to clear things up, you can join as a JR. FF at 16, but you still have to be 18 to be a VFF. Hope that clears things up.

  19. #59
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Foggy California
    Posts
    968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BCoFDjr2148 View Post
    dude like i said to the other guy who is mocking my internet grammar stfu who the hell cares ITS THE INTERNET
    and i'm prolly smarter than you and probably way more into firefighting than you


    As Da Gonz might quote Stan Lee:
    "Nuff said..."

    Oh wait, not quite...
    And now a word from our sponsor, the Sci-Fi Network, Gonz's fave channel...


    Battlestar Galactica, season 4, premieres April 4th on Sci-Fi!
    My opinions might coincide with someone of importance's POV... I wouldn't know, since I never bothered to ask. My policy is: "Don't ask, don't care."

    IACOJ--West Coast PITA

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Fire ground NoiSE!
    By Jedimike007 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-02-2003, 08:02 AM
  2. fire ground communication
    By FabJody in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-15-2003, 09:21 PM
  3. Shift duties for Fire Inspectors
    By raven911 in forum Federal & Military Firehouse Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-22-2002, 11:39 AM
  4. Fire Ground Accountability
    By BGFD21 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 05-03-2002, 12:01 PM
  5. Fire Ground Activity
    By Turk II in forum Fire Explorer & Jr. Firefighting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-04-2001, 06:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts