Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Town of Smyrna TN is hiring FF`s

Check out career builder, Smyrna is Hiring FF`s again, good luck, very hard Physical agility.......

Forum Member

Does anyone know any info on the dept, good dept to work for???? anythiing???????????

I applied for the department last Summer and made it through to the interview but didn't get the job. I am turning in new application tomorrow

All of the guys I met at the department were very cool. They were helpful in answering questions and made me feel at ease about the whole process of getting hired. I'm looking forward to meeting some of them again and hopefully working with them in the near future.

Here's a link to the department's site: http://www.townofsmyrna.org/fire/index.htm

Maybe I'll see you there.

MembersZone Subscriber

After talking to the gal in HR down there, she said that as of March 12 there were about 150 applications for the 11 positions opening. Much better odds then when my friend took the test in Bowling Green.
    Apagea, do they use the standard CPAT physical??

MembersZone Subscriber

Default agility test

I also put my app in the firfighters are a awsome bunch of guys to work with have volunteered with some of them and know a lot more of them. They do have one of the hardest agility tests in the state so start running if you don't already

Quote Originally Posted by RBSFD920 View Post
    Apagea, do they use the standard CPAT physical??
    I had to go dig through old posts to get this. It's the detailed version of the Smyrna CPAT:

Full turnout gear was worn for the entire test except for the tank and mask which were only worn for the first 2 events. It consisted of:

-Carry two 3" hoses 50 yards, set them down, crawl through a 20' tunnel with two 90 degree turns, pick up the 2 hoses and carry them another 50 yards (I expected a crawl on hands & knees.....it's a belly crawl )

-Using a 10 lbs sledge hammer, move a beam 4'

-Carry a highrise pack across a 3-1/2" wide balance beam walking heel to toe, then back again walking instep to instep

-Lift 80 lbs of rolled hose up onto a table, then back to the ground

-Carry 2 highrise packs 100'

-Drag 165 lbs dummy 100'

-Disconnect 2 hoses using the spanner wrenches, then reconnect them

-Unroll and roll 4 different size hoses: 1-1/2", 1-3/4", 2", and 3"

-Drag a 50' section of 2" hose filled with water 50' on hands & knees

I hope that helps you prepare. It was probably the hardest physical work I've done in such a short amount of time (30 min limit).

Before the test itself, you have to walk through a short course to get your muscles going. Then there's a climb to the top of the ladder truck as well as running through some instructions on opening and closing valves on the truck (following oral and written instructions).

I noticed that there is a new demographics form which must be turned in with the applications. I didn't see it when I turned in mine, so I hope it was put in place after the fact. If not, I may have shot myself in the foot from the start.

Good luck to all!

MembersZone Subscriber

Apagea, Thanx for the info on the agility test. Did you get a call about the written yet? I'm taking it on thurs at 9am. Hope you not putting in your demographics form didnt kill ur chances.
    Good Luck to all....

Thread Information