1. #1
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3

    Default Downloadable Firefighting Videos

    Does anyone have any idea where I can get firefighting videos that I can download onto my computer?
    Youtube and other sites like that won't let me save the video to my pc.
    I am looking for on scene firefighting videos for a training power point.
    thanks

  2. #2
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Toledo/Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DFDLt153 View Post
    Does anyone have any idea where I can get firefighting videos that I can download onto my computer?
    Youtube and other sites like that won't let me save the video to my pc.
    I am looking for on scene firefighting videos for a training power point.
    thanks
    1) Go to YouTube.com.
    2) Find video you want to save.
    3) Open a a separate internet window. Go to www.MediaConverter.org.
    4) Copy the URL of the video you want to save.
    5) Follow directions on MediaCoverter.org.
    ---You can save it as a mp3 file (will save only the sound, if you find music you like) OR you can choose to save it as a WMV file which will save it as a video file with the sound included.
    MediaConverter is simple to use and is pretty self explanatory.
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

  3. #3
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3

    Default mediaconverter

    Thanks for the tip on mediaconverter.org.
    It works great.

  4. #4
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Toledo/Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DFDLt153 View Post
    Thanks for the tip on mediaconverter.org.
    It works great.
    No problem... Glad to help.
    BUT
    You should thank RFRDxplorer... he showed it to me a few months ago. So the credit should go to him...
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

  5. #5
    makes good girls go bad
    BLSboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    On the beach, Fla/OCNJ
    Posts
    2,859

    Default

    Wayyyyy too much work.
    Download firefox as your browser (you will thank me later) and add the unplug application. You can save most videos. You can also add the download helper to save vids.
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

  6. #6
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Toledo/Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BLSboy View Post
    Wayyyyy too much work.
    Download firefox as your browser (you will thank me later) and add the unplug application. You can save most videos. You can also add the download helper to save vids.
    I heard Firefox didn't always remove the watermarks from the videos...???
    I don't have any personal experience with it because I'm too afraid of downloading Firefox or downloading much of anything, really. My computer is clean and I want to keep it that way.
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

  7. #7
    makes good girls go bad
    BLSboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    On the beach, Fla/OCNJ
    Posts
    2,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RFxplr326 View Post
    I heard Firefox didn't always remove the watermarks from the videos...???
    I don't have any personal experience with it because I'm too afraid of downloading Firefox or downloading much of anything, really. My computer is clean and I want to keep it that way.
    Who cares.
    I have found Firefox has caught alot more popups and whatnot. Don't be afraid of the internet Bro!
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

  8. #8
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Toledo/Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BLSboy View Post
    Who cares.
    I have found Firefox has caught alot more popups and whatnot. Don't be afraid of the internet Bro!
    I'm conservative. I'll stick with my IE7.
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

  9. #9
    makes good girls go bad
    BLSboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    On the beach, Fla/OCNJ
    Posts
    2,859

    Default

    I got a Mac. Not many viruses for it. So I can download internet porn without fear...
    lol
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

  10. #10
    Forum Member
    backsteprescue123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,318

    Default

    I have firefox too and I like it alot. I used to have some other application for firefox for videos and it only worked sometimes.

    I'm gonna have to look into unplug.
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------

  11. #11
    Forum Member
    frenchfireball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    lyon,france
    Posts
    1,033

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by BLSboy View Post
    I got a Mac. Not many viruses for it. So I can download internet porn without fear...
    lol

    nah,not you,you are so INNOCENT,lol.joke.
    "sauver ou périr"

    "courage et dévouement"

    2 french mottoes in french fire service.

  12. #12
    Forum Member
    GFD748's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Greenback TN. Loudon County
    Posts
    248

    Default video's

    I have three video's that I made that are on you tube under ladynthefyrefytr. If you can't find them let me know and I'll send you a disc you can down load. Send me a PM with your adress and I'll send it back.
    GFD748 First in... Last out.. Everyone goes home.... Do the best job you can and do it safely

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Firefighting documentary videos from Sweden
    By Micael in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 08-22-2010, 07:12 PM
  2. Any body have any FireFighting Videos
    By fsvfd1307 in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-30-2007, 03:42 PM
  3. Downloadable drills/training
    By mwest3232 in forum New Web Site Announcements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-13-2004, 10:27 AM
  4. Firefighting videos
    By thebus36 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-31-2003, 09:09 AM
  5. Public firefighting vs. Private firefighting?? Whats better????!
    By justinkatuls in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-27-2002, 11:21 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register