Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default Question about written test

About a month ago I took my first carrer test here in central IL, it was for a dept. I have been a POC for about 5 years. The test was not what I was expecting. It had 10 sections that were timed, each section was between 2-6 min. They stated that only one section had to be completed in numerical order(any left blank would be wrong). That was how I took the whole test. I scored a 79%(which I was not happy with). I have been told that I should have only anwsered the questions I knew and left the ones I didnt know blank(except for the section specified). In 2 weeks I am taking another test that will be given by the same testing agency. Has anyone taken this style of test? If so how did you answer the questions? Thanks for any info.

MembersZone Subscriber

I took a test like that for Maywood IL and what I did was just went with my gut feeling. So basically trust yourself and you'll be alright, you wanna be a firefighter so you're already smart man! But good luck I know that they offer a class on tips and junk if its the same testing agency that Maywood used I know their phone number ended in COPS or something or another.

MembersZone Subscriber

thanks for the encouragement, I think that is the same people who gave this test. Their company was called COPS, but they also had gave fire dept test. On the sheets they passed out it said F.I.R.E. service testing. But I am pretty sure it is all one company. Anyway, thanks again

Forum Member

I took this test a bunch of times. you will find out that there are some tests that you seem to be good at and others you suck at. this was one that for some reason i did good on. what i found out is that the more you test, the better you get. for instance you said you are testing for another dept. that will be using this test. now that you have already taken it you have a heads up on wut to expect. and same goes for other tests, you will recognize questions and it will become easier. some people are just good at taking tests and they score good no matter wut (one reason i think the testing process sucks) but for people like myself that arent the brightest at taking the tests but love the job, it helps to take alot and get use to the whole process. good luck and keep testing.

Thread Information