MembersZone Subscriber

Default Federal Signal Unloading E-One?

Interesting article. I guess we all saw this one coming.

http://www.ocala.com/article/2008022...802280352/1025

Forum Member

Post Need A Fire Truck Builder !

One of the larger fire apparatus builders sould buy E-One from federal signal, and not a private investment group that will screw things up like they did with ALF/LTI.

Forum Member

Default Finally!

The decision to sell E-One was made about the same time Bob Weldon "retired" from Federal Signal and is probably closer to being finalized than most people think.

As an E-One sales rep, all I can say is FINALLY!!!! Other than making Peter Guile president, I have been very unimpressed with Federal's handling of E-One.

I can't speak for all E-One reps and employees, but the ones who I have spoken to feel upbeat about this change.
    Last edited by firepiper1; 03-02-2008 at 04:04 PM.

Forum Member

Default E-one

As A Sales Rep Also,it's Great

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by WoodbridgeFFII View Post
    One of the larger fire apparatus builders sould buy E-One from federal signal, and not a private investment group that will screw things up like they did with ALF/LTI.
    Which one would you suggest and why?

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Don't bet on it !

Quote Originally Posted by WoodbridgeFFII View Post
    http://www.ocala.com/article/2008022...802280352/1025
    From the new article link above
    "E-One could go to a truck manufacturer, such as Volvo or Navistar, but a private equity firm is a more likely buyer, Liptak said."

Off the grapevine.
    "a rose by any other name is still a rose".
    Take Care & be SAFE
    Bert

Forum Member

Default Who will buy E-One?

E-One is probably closer to being sold that most people think - whenever a lawyer is hired to "explore possible purchasers" the deal is all but done. When have you ever seen a lawyer who was a deal maker?
    My guess is that everyone will be a bit surprised at the list of purchasers - and no, don't think there is a Volvo or International on the list. Would not be surprised if the company that is the parent of Hackney was one of the "lovers" - but there are some private equity groups looking too ( just my guess - not official)
    Good news is that E-One has brought on some power dealers in the past 4 months, dealers that can make a difference between an "ok" year and a good year.
    Sooner that apparatus manufacturers learn that dealer network is the key to success (along with treating customers with a little respect) the sooner that bottom line goes from red to black. (Hint to E-One Factory people!)

Forum Member

Post Big Bucks $$$

Federal Signal will sell " E-One " to the highest bidder, money talks. Good Luck to all of the employees in Ocala, FL !

Forum Member

Default We'll see -

Quote Originally Posted by Sandinmyboots View Post
    Good news is that E-One has brought on some power dealers in the past 4 months, dealers that can make a difference between an "ok" year and a good year.
    One of their biggest dealers (Conrad) just went to Pierce. Sounds to me the rats (not meant to disparage anyone) are already jumping the ship.

I think if a private equity firm gets the company, they will do a repeat performance to the letter of the ALF script. Run it up with paper financing and bankrupt the whole thing leaving the customers and the suppliers holding the bag.

Forum Member

I think if a private equity firm gets the company, they will do a repeat performance to the letter of the ALF script. Run it up with paper financing and bankrupt the whole thing leaving the customers and the suppliers holding the bag.
    But wait, wasn't the Patriarch/ALF problem due to IBM.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

Cool

Bones, That is one of the reasons they gave. The other is poor management, the same management that is still in place at all of ALF's Leased propertys. So who ever buys them is only buying the name and equipment. The company who buys E-one gets Property in the deal and I bet they will not have to pay 150 Million or better to get it.

Thread Information