+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 First ... 3456
    Forum Member

Melba awoke to find the boiling embers of the mid-day sun had passed over her and her new friend. She sat upright under the shade of the burned out truck and spotted the camel standing at the back of the truck gazing into the distance. With a subdued smile on her face, Melba thought to herself, "my friend, you need a name... I think I'll call you Lucky.." She must have spoken outloud, because, Lucky, as he would become known as, turned and made a soft braying noise. Melba stood up and surveyed her surroundings. She knew they both needed to find some water, and start moving into the soon to be darkness. She searched the truck's cab and found a burned, but intact canteen. Quickly she opened the metal top to find it full of water. It would be enough for her, but she worried about Lucky. She looked around the wreckage and managed to find a large bayonet from a soldier's gun. With her new prizes stashed in a pouch that she made from her beloved apron, she was ready to strike out into the night. She took up the reigns from Lucky's bridle, and led her friend towards the West. She followed the dying glow of the sun in hopes of making her way into Turkey. She knew it would be a tough journey, but it would be better than dealing with those dreaded humacows. So Melba and her friend headed West, following the sun's lead into the night. Melba decided to walk, as she was accustomed to do, and let Lucky follow behind. Her thoughts raced through her mind about what she might find in Turkey. She remembered growing up as a child of the desert. Her thoughts turned things she learned in school. Her favorite subject had always been Egyptian history. She had loved the tales of the gods and goddesses that surrounded the desert people and their way of life. The humacow clones reminded her of the Egyptian goddess, Mehet-Weret, but they were so different from what Mehet-Weret stood for. The evil humacows wanted destruction of all humans, whereas Mehet-Weret would bring waters to the Nile, and was praised for being the goddess of rebirth, thus giving life or bringing about creation. Melba used her thoughts to keep her motivated. She knew that she would be close to the Border of Turkey and Iran by morning, and she knew she would need to seek shade from the blinding sun as well. Her friend, Lucky, seemed content to follow his new friend, and offered little resistance on his reigns. The night grew long, but along the way, sparks of light in the distance would give hope to finding help. Melba hungered for the food that she was so accustomed to cooking, and she found little to like about the onions she had picked up. Still, even though the sharp taste of the onions bit at her tongue, she was happy to have something on her stomach. She metered her water, only taking a sip or two when her mouth would start to dry.
    Daylight would find Melba and Lucky in the midst of a tribe of bedouins. They were very suprised to see a woman stumbling out of the sand with a camel in tow. The group had been totally unaware of the invasions of Earth, the cows and chickens, and the destruction that was taking place all around. Had it not been for the sincerity of Melba's voice, they would have all guessed it to be the ramblings of a mad woman. Still, they believed her story, and looked concerned at the wounds that Lucky had received. They pulled the dressing from the camel's side to find that the point of a cow horn had been firmly embedded into it's skin. It was the confirmation that proved the wild stories of the "desert walker" were possibly true. Lucky's wounds were once again dressed, with the horn removed, and the grateful camel was led to some food and water. The tribe led Melba to a tent, and let the poor woman sleep, for her trip had been long. As she drifted off, she could hear the men of the tribe talking about the "lights in the sky" that was common every morning and evening.. Her hopes and prayers for finding help had been answered..
    I fish for a living, but I have to work for money...

MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Meanwhile, in Colorado, due to the toxins from the various viruses that the Cows and Chickens had infused into the Earths atmosphere, some local residents were observed to become engaged in some really bizzare behaviours...

2 Men Engage In 'Bonehead' Taser Shootout. One Man Arrested

POSTED: 3:03 pm EDT May 19, 2008
    UPDATED: 3:17 pm EDT May 19, 2008

BOULDER, Colo. -- It was Taser versus Taser in a parking dispute.

Police in Boulder said a security company supervisor and a restaurateur shot each with stun guns Saturday.

Police Sgt. Pat Wyton told the Camera newspaper it was "a bonehead deal."

One man was arrested, but neither required medical treatment.

According to police, the Taser stand-off started when a security guard put a metal boot on a restaurant van, immobilizing the vehicle.

The guard claimed the van was on property he was hired to patrol. The van owner denied it was improperly parked.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press.

Forum Member

Miss Kitty and Brutus arrived at the Penguin's Interstellar Defender ship almost as quickly as they had departed the Cat Bunker. Upon the opening of the air-lock hatches, Benard was there to greet the two. He graciously looked at Brutus, but then turned and hugged Miss Kitty with his little flipper arms. Regaining his composure, he stood back, and told her he was glad to see her. Miss Kitty snarled at him, but then smiled and nodded a reassuring wink at Benard. As they walked to a debreifing room, Miss Kitty explained to Benard about the attack she suffered by the Red Claw Commando, and about waking up in the cold dark morgue. Benard was grateful that the power of the stone had revealed itself to protect Miss Kitty. The small talk ended when the door of the debreifing room whooshed open. Inside, there was a crudely drawn blueprint of the Cow's mothership. The routes for the attack were being discussed among the Penguin's best scientist. The primary plan was to send a team of two personel into the waste ejection port of the ship. From there, the team would have to work together to find the primary collection point where a power control grid would be located. The power control grid was necessary to provide the ship's protective shields enough strength to allow for protection during the expell of the waste. The ship was designed so that, even during a high risk situation, the shields could be manipulated in a fashion to allow the manure and waste to be jettisoned into space without requiring disarming. This allowed the shield to actually surround the waste, and then push it into space like a reverse tractor beam. During the phase change, the attack crew would have a minute opportunity to enter the mothership undected. They would need full space suit protection until the manure was ejected. Then, when the shield returned to normal operation they could move to the shield control panel and direct the power elsewhere in the ship. Using the controls, in theory, they could push the power generation shield away from the reverse matter magnetic coils. The misalignment would cause a backflux of interference that would hopefully disable the ship's primary drive engines, and cause the ship's computer to disarm the protective shield surrounding the mothership. The attack team would then have to find a way to escape the mothership in the few minutes they would have before a penguin attack squadrin could launch an all out blitz against the Cows. Everyone agreed that the attack team would essentially be on a death mission. The scientist debated on their theories of the Cow technology, and even though it was top priority, the debate prevented the mission from being set into motion. "Theories," Brutus sputtered out loud, "are just for those who don't know the right way to do it.." Silence befail the debreifing room. "Brutus, is there something you would like to share?" Benard asked defiantly.. "It's simple," answered Brutus. "Why not enter their ship through the same way they send out their clones? We could decode their frequency for their relocater/transport beam and send our attack team into their ship with a timed explosive planted at the base of the magnetic coils. Then we could extract the attack team and have a field day with the attack squads." The penguin scientist were baffled. Finally, Benard, humbled by the thought, said, "Well, that would be just to D@mn easy.. Let's make it happen." With that the debriefing turned into the planning stage. With the amount of activity from the Mothership, it would be easy to find the frenquency of the transport beams, and use it to gain access. The Penguins went about decoding, while Miss Kitty and Brutus joined Benard in a trip to the Captain's quarters. "Brutus, where did you get the idea for the transport beam?" asked Miss Kitty. "Easy," he said, "I watched Star Trek..." Brutus smiled with his answer, and Benard, equally amused laughed. "Forgive our Scientist, Brutus, they get so wrapped up in the Technology that they seem to try to do things the hardest, most complicated ways. I like your approach, straight forward, and to the point." Benard knew that Miss Kitty and Brutus had long been friends after being enemies at one point in their lives. He could see how the two would enjoy fighting together, and they were much alike. Soon, the three engaged in the normal small talk... The war stories that veterans of battle share. Brutus had become much like a brother to Miss Kitty throughout the years, always showing up to help, and standing at her side. Their friendship was based on respect for each other's abilities as a warrior. Brutus, being self taught for his own survival, and Miss Kitty, a learned soldier of the Feline Infantry. It would be hard to believe that they first met when Miss Kitty was trying to score a squirrel lunch during a survelance mission years ago when an uprising among armadillos threatened the human population with hepatitis. Miss Kitty had stalked the furry squirrel and thought she had him cornered in an old barn. When she pounced upon the squirrel, she found herself flying backwards across the floor. He had spun her around mid-air and threw her across the barn. Enraged, she pulled a knife, and threw it with Ninja precision only to watch it be grabbed from flight and tossed back to the floor at her feet. The squirrel told her to stand down, or die. She tried once more to run and pounce, but found herself twisted and pinned to the floor by a tiny reddish paw. While she was pinned, the crafty squirrel pulled a can of tuna from the cat's vest, and held her while he enjoyed the meal. When she had quit struggling, he let her go. Her pride was hurt, but it was a life lesson for her to not judge things by size. The squirrel scampered from the barn, leaving her alone. When she walked back out into the open, she found a new can of tuna laying on the ground, with the squirrel long gone. It had been their first meeting, but after several rounds of similar games, they soon befriended and worked together covertly. The Feline Infantry wouldn't have approved of a cat befriending a squirrel in those times.. Now, here they were, together again. Benard enjoyed the stories, but he had one question. "How did you two become friends?" Benard answered, smugly, "She finally caught me." Miss Kitty broke in, "yeah, finally. When the armadillos had been brought under control, our Feline company set up in the old barn. Some of my fellow cats decided to do some hunting for food, and they came across the squirrel nest that Brutus used. He was outnumbered twenty to one. He threw several from the tree, but they chased him down into the nearby pasture. When he made a stand against them on a fence post, I circled behind him. As he threw another cat for a flip, I grabbed him, and held him in my mouth. Brutus went limp, and I thought I had him. The other cats, pleased that somebody had caught the squirrel, went looking for another one. When I set him on the ground, he turned to me and winked. I couldn't eat him after that. He was too good of a warrior, and I knew he could teach me more than the infantry ever could. When the other cats returned empty handed, I picked Brutus up and ran into the woods to 'enjoy my meal' in peace. That's when I let him go." Brutus smiled, and said "I just don't taste that good I guess.."

Forum Member

Default Don't mess with the FireFighters..

Melba awoke, now fully rested from her trip across the desert. The nomadic bedouins had prepared her a meal of chicken. As she eagerly ate, she asked about the odd lights that they had talked about. She listened intently and soon knew that the lights were that of the humacows destroying the cities. She hoped that there would be a force that was fighting the humacows, and she needed to tell them of what happened to her in the bunker. The bedouins stayed away from the cities, but they agreed to guide her to the city of Istanbul. There, if it still existed, she could search for the help she needed. Lucky was loaded with food and supplies for Melba's journey. A lone guide would lead her and Lucky in the direction of the city. After a long nighttime journey, the small group arrived at a makeshift tent city. It was a group of battle weary soldiers from the USA that had retreated to the desert to regroup against the humacows. At Melba's request, they took her to their highest ranked officer. The sergeant was a short man, but she could tell that he was exceptionally fit. The stress of a failing campaign weighed heavily on his eyes and heart. "Sergeant McCanally will be at your service, ma'am." replied the soldier that had led her through the tents. Sergeant McCanally looked at Melba, whose dark black hair seemed to flow from her headress. "May I help you? he replied, with a puzzled look. Melba began her story, telling about the attack in Teheran, and how she managed to get away from the minotaur-looking monsters in the bunker. She told of fleeing into the desert in search of help. The sergeant was puzzled by her being able to escape death in the bunker. "Exactly what happened?" he questioned again. Melba explained in detail, "I was throwing everything in my apron at those monsters. They stood there laughing at me. I ran out of things to throw except my bottle of meat tenderizer. When I threw it at them, they started sneezing. They began to sneeze so hard, that I hid under a woven rug. I heard an explosion, and then they had disappeared, leaving only their battle suits and smoldering boots beside their equipment." This triggered the sergeant's interest. "You threw meat tenderizer on a human-cow clone, and they exploded??" he asked. Melba didn't know for sure, but she thought that's what had happened. The sergeant's eyes were wide open with wonder. He called for a private to accompany him and Melba to a makeshift holding cell in the back of a 5 ton truck. Inside the reinforced box, was a captured humacow soldier. There were deep dents in the metal where the clone had tried to escape, but the thick metal was holding for now. It had been captured after some falling debris had trapped it during a raid in Istanbul. Somehow, the humacow had been knocked out, and a local vet had injected the evil soldier with some drugs to keep it from waking up. The armed forces that remained after the attack had secured the humacow in a reinforced ammo box in the back of the truck. It's horns had been sawed off to protect the soldiers that guarded it. Sergeant McCanally asked Melba if she had any of the her tenderizer with her. She quickly produced her prized half bottle of Lawry's Seasoned Meat Tenderizer. On a hunch, the Sergeant opened the bottle, and dumped a small amount into his hand. The humacow clone was looking at them with indignent eyes. When the Sergeant blew the fine orange powder into the makeshift cage, the clone only scoffed. "Well, it was worth a shot," said McCanally. Melba and the Sergeant began to walk away, when suddenly, the clone sneezed. They quickly turned around, as the clone sneezed again. The clone began to sneeze faster and more violently, shaking the cage and the truck. Melba and the Sergeant with some of the guards surrounding the truck had to run to get away from the violent sneezing. From the windshielf of a bullet proof armored Humvee, Sergeant McCanally and Melba watched as the clone began to dematerialize, then with a powerful blast, the atoms of the clone's huge body seperated and the clone dissappeared into a flash of blue light. The explosion of matter was great enough to blow the door off of the cage. Melba and the Sergeant sat in the humvee, stunned at what they had witnessed. "HeII YES!" shouted the Sergeant, "This is the break we've needed!!!" His joy of Melba's discovery was overwhelming. He quickly ordered his remaining troops to gather for a meeting, and he called for the communications officer to come to his post. The message had to get out. Finally, they found something that could take down the cows and their evil clones! Messages began flowing throughout the radio waves in simple Morse Code. The world of defenders had the weapon they needed to fight against the humacows. Melba would be remembered as a Global Hero. The lights of human invention and ingenuity had found an answer to the threat of the cows.. Preparations were made for production of the miracle orange powder, and existing stocks were gathered. The next battle would be the test, for the Cow's pattern of attack meant they would strike in Italy next. The human army would have a new weapon. When that morning arrived, the Humacow squadron encountered a line of firetrucks surrounding the Roman Governor's office. They calmly walked from their materialization point, where they had beamed down, towards the trucks. The firemen were waiting, for inside the tanks of their trucks, several tons of an orange powder was mixed with the water. Beside the firetrucks, armored Humvees with only a handfull of soldiers sat at the ready. The Humacow squad stopped in a straight line, ten soldiers total, and prepared their weapons by lowering their sights onto the men in the trucks. Suddenly, the sound of an air horn filled the air. The urgent rush of diesel engines revving under the pressure of water pumps caused the ground to rumble, and startled the humacows. The brave firemen trained their hoses upon the humacows. With another blast of an airhorn and every nozzle was opened to full force. The 200 psi of streaming water barely phased the humacows, and they began to laugh at the comical attack by the humans. Then it happened... One by one, each of the humacow soldiers, now covered in an orange liquid, began to sneeze. At first it was only minor snorts. Then the sneezing became more uncontrolled and harder. Another blast of an air horn sent the firemen running for cover inside of the armored humvees. Before everyone's eyes, the humacow attackers fell to the ground in a ferocious sneezing fit. Suddenly each clone began to disassemble into the atoms of their genetic creations. One by one, they would explode, sending shockwaves and blue flames over the humvees. When the commotions ended, only the wet pavement and the humacows' battle gear was left. The pavement shined with an orange glow of the miracle powder. It was the first victory against the humacow soldiers, but it wouldn't be the last.. The word went out to all remaining nations, "Success in Rome!!"

Forum Member

Smile Data

Success for Rome, yes, but sheer terror in space.

On the orbiting alien space ship the video of the small contingent of Humacow commando's shocking defeat spread like wild fire. The aliens were already cooking up other ingenious weapons and plans for the humans, but what to do about this horrible new turn of events?

The Humacow clone engineers knew they could only do so much for the existing Humacow clones with the limited information they possessed so they set about to tweak their future soldier creation clone recipes so that the newer model soldiers would not have the "orange plague weakness". But to do that they would need more information.

Tests were done on the clones to determine exactly what had happened to cause the soldiers to explode; they began testing and retesting the Humacow clone flesh with all manner of materials to determine what exactly had happened to the soldiers who started coughing then…exploded.

They could not replicat HOW the bodies destablized or what caused them to destabilize but they could see that the humans had sprayed them with a orangish fluid.

It had been decided by the bio-engineering lab that if they could protect the Humacow soldiers from the orange liquid poison the humans employed the Humacow soldiers might survive the humans new weapon.

So they got with the armor and environmental engineers to design suits with their own air supply and that would protect them from the elements/contaminents of earth. The down side was the suits were expensive and laborious to manufacture: As they were essentially space suits; Heavy, powered, armored huge space suits but space suits none the less.

While the Supreme Commander "who’s name cannot be spoken" went ahead and ordered the manufacture of the suits with all possible haste. He also suggested a volunteer force to go down to Earth and gather information on what had happened to the Humacows in Rome. Something had to be done and data needed to be collected.

Bovinicus Rex was in the ships martial arts simulator when he got the call from command. The siren/intercom was blaring Mooo-wooop! Mooo-wooop! "Attention, Commander Bovinicus report to the armory, immediately." in its cold computer generated voice.

Bovinicus removed the virtual reality head set (where he had been in hand to hand combat with a company sized force of humans) and stretched to his full nine-plus foot height. His huge body rippled with rock hard bio engineered corded muscle and death surrounded this gigantic walking terror like an invisible cloud. "What now" he growled under his breath as he headed out the door of the sim room and on his way to the techs down in the armory in a huge distance eating stride. Confident and bullheaded he might be, but lazy he was not. As he neared the weapons bay he was joined with many more Humacow soldiers of his company. Many were looking to him as if he knew what the big news was. He didn’t so he just glared at them until one by one they each averted their eyes. Soldiers all, but none but the most foolish or stupid would dare challenge a warrior born like Bovinicus Rex.

Soon the small squad were all arrayed in the armory in two neat rows silently awaiting their next order. And it was not long before draft cow workers began carrying in box after huge box, each holding a Humacow S.C.W.A., (Self Contained War Apparatus). "Put em on" Rex said to the Humacows and then followed that up with a loud "NOW" when a few commandos began murmuring about how there was no way, as there was no opening for their projectile horns to shoot out of the suits.

As soon as Rex's suit was fully donned and powered up the heads up display flashed an encrypted message on his visor from the Supreme Commander ("who’s name cannot be spoken"): Squad Commander, your company will be beamed to the outskirts of the city known as "ROME" to question and interrogate the inhabitants until you discover what exactly happened to the Humacows who were defeated there earlier. Do not engage the human defenders if possible, and beam up at the first sign of trouble. REPEAT: DO NOT ENGAGE if at all possible.

Your SCWA should protect you from any kind of air borne or radiation contamination. As well as protect you from any skin-penetrant based weapon short of a direct hit by one of thier main battle tanks or something larger.

The Universal Brotherherd is counting on you, do not fail us.
    S.C.- First planetary Strike Force
    ---------------------------------
    "MOVE OUT" Rex commanded the company of soldiers.
    At that the troop marched off to the transporters.

It did not take long for the Humacow warriors to fully integrate their One-oughts and their arm rockets to the new targeting systems in their SCWA’s. Bovinicus would not be heard bragging about it to the other raiders but he in actuality really liked this new powered battle suit. The suits carried more ammunition, had thicker armor and were completely self contained than thier old battle suits. That and their motorized assist gave his arms and legs truly giant like strength and instant on targeting with his One-ought.

“Hey Slag, you got the teleporter ready?” Bovinicus bellowed at the teleporter operator.

The smaller space-bovine nudged a button and twisted a dial with his prehensile horns and appendage like tongue. “Aye commander, have your men assemble on the pad and you will be on your way when you give me the signal”
    “You “herd” em’ slags, get on the pad, MOVE IT!” Rex shouted to his subordinates.

They double time herded up onto the tele-pads as Rex took his place at the front of the company. After a double check of thier equipment and a nod of Res's head to the tele-engineer the machine powered up. A bright blue flash and they were gone from the orbiting space ship and down on terra firma.

(part one)
    ….
    Last edited by Raughammer1; 06-02-2008 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Updated for time.

Forum Member

Exclamation Part deux'

(Part 2) Please go back and reread the ending of Part 1.

A moments disorientation and off in the distance, there was Rome, in the falling darkness Rome glittering like a million diamonds. The hill top the strike force had teleported down to gave the group an excellent vantage point from which to scan the city for trouble (hostiles).

There were strict orders of moving as quietly as possible though the commandoes could moo at will to each other via their suits intercoms. Rex ordered the company to stand down while he and two trusted sub-commanders bounded down the hillside in their powered SCWA’s.

Soon enough they came upon the hovel of a human family in an isolated part of the city. “Syranius, go to the back said and Tyr, you follow me.” With two leaping jumps Rex sailed over the hovels fence and through the buildings front. Completely caving in and crashing through the hovels flimsy construction as though it was made of twigs. Inside were three humans completely caught off guard…and surprised to say the least at the sight of a nine foot tall battle suited monster crashing through the front of their house.

The smallest human (a girl child) fainted right away. The other two turned to run away from this beast that had just come crashing into their home. The smaller of the two was close enough for Rex to reach out and grab…but the human was crushed to pulp in his grasp. “Fragile little things…” Rex thought to himself as he dropped the lifeless woman to the floor and charged after the running human (The man of the house) who had fled out the back of the smashed house.

Syranius easily caught the little human as he raced from the back of the house. Like a wolf on a lamb the human was slapped to the ground and caught up in a huge fist by the hulking warrior.

“Good job Syranius, give him to me.” Rex eyed the little human as he lifted him by one leg; head down up to Rex’s eye level.

Tapping the voice translator on his chest he growled: “Tell me humoo-an, how did the humoo-ans win over my warriors, how did the humoo-ans win!?” He bellowed into the face of the terrified human.

“Aiiiieeeee---gak* “ was all the frantic human could say before he fainted dead away.

“WAKE UP!” Rex bellowed full force in the face of the human who began to come to consciousness.

“Tyr, bring the other human from the house to me, now!” Rex said into his intercom.

The human, still dangling from the giant’s fist gained awareness of his situation all at once. His dead wife, his missing child, his ruined home…and the fact that he was hanging 8 foot off the ground in the grasp of a huge horned monster was almost too much to bear.
    ”Wha, wha, what do you want from me?” he stuttered out.

“Tell me humoo-an, how did the humoo-ans win over my warriors, how did the humoo-ans win!?”

The mans thoughts would not catch up to his terror, this was all just too much and he began to faint away once again.

But the words he heard next brought him back to reality in an instant:

“Daddy, you ok?”

It was his daughter and her voice instantly sent a lightning bolt through him; another of the monsters had his daughter in his huge hand and was presenting her to the monster that was currently holding the man!

He had no thought other than the one to save his family: “Tenderizer!” he shouted.

“What? Repeat what you said humoo-an” Rex said lifting the human to closer to his face so they were but inches apart. One standing on huge metal covered legs the other dangling by his left leg.

”M-m-m-m-mmmeat, Mmmmeat tenderizer. The army used meat tenderizer on the aliens…and they exploded.” The man stuttered out.

“What is this Moooommmmeat tenderizer?”

“P-p-p-p-powder, they mixed it with water and sprayed it on the aliens, that’s all I know! Please don’t hurt my child, please.”

“Syranius, Tyr, report back to the group, NOW”

Immediately the Humacows dropped the humans and bounded double time back up the hill to the waiting company. A quick tele beacon was set up and in a matter of seconds the whole company was back on the mother ship.

---------------------------
    Via the intercom in Rex's suit the information had immediately reached the alien cows scientists as soon as the human had expressed it. With the new information the clone scientists began frantically looking for an antidote or immunization shot to counter the "meat tenderizer".

With a medical counter measure there would be no need for the expensive battle suits and the invading force could better allocate their limited resources.
    Within hours the substance was identified and sent to ally HQ’s down on the world down below so they could take precautions.

A vaccine was still not at hand but at least the cows knew their enemy, and knowing the danger of a thread is half the battle.

Rex knew that armed with this valuable information, he would soon be turned loose on the soft native population of the world down below known as, Earth.

It was just a matter of time…
    Last edited by Raughammer1; 06-02-2008 at 02:33 PM.

Forum Member

Oh, I can't look! The tragedy of it all!
    There are chickens and cows everywhere!
    A squirrel doing something strange to my ***.........
    I'm outta here! Get off you! (sounds of me wacking it with baseball bat)
    What is the world coming to?
    (Mutter mutter)
    It's not the destination, but the journey that matters.

Stay safe

Forum Member

Default Another one bites the dust.

“Prepare for teleportation” the cold, emotionless voice whispered in is ear. Bovinicus Rex took a deep breath and a second later he was down earth again, free to bring retribution on the humans for the deaths of his Humacow brethren they had caused. The country known to the humans as South Africa would never be the same after this night. Tonight, Pretoria would cease to be a city controlled by humans. The alien cows had seen how earth’s countries needed this countries natural resources and they were bound and determined to take those precious resources for themselves.

Silent as the night itself the company assembled itself into pre arraigned battle groups. Rex’s blood was boiling as he thought of his fellow bulls being so dishonorably destroyed by the humans and their tricks.
    “Meat tenderizer”? Harrumph, I’ll show them some meat tenderizing….” He mused to himself.

Try, his friend and squad mate was to Rex’s left with Syranius to his right. The triumvirate of ferocity was backed up by Eldren the medic/demolition man and Baldur the Heavy weapons expert. Rex felt comfortable surrounded by these battle proven veterans of many assaults.

Soon the company had formed into their battle groups each with a pre planned target of attack. Rex could see the capital building just ahead and across a courtyard. The front of the building was heavily blockaded with sand bags and machine gun nests. Human soldiers patrolled the front of the building pacing back forth with their gaurd dogs. With and with a single command of “Commence assault” the battle began.
    A heavy weapons soldier from each squad fired their heavy assault cannons at the capitol building or at a surrounding building in the vicinity.
    The night sky lit up as the rockets from the cannon flew straight up, 20 of them in orange arc into the sky. The rockets went almost straight up as they climbed towards their zenith and then as one they turned towards their warheads towards the ground. All flew unerringly towards it’s doomed target and with a earth sundering crash the capital buildings front exploded into fire and debris. Men, guns and dogs flew in every direction as the blast wave from the rocket exploded outward from the capitals entry way.
    Rex and Squad One crossed the capitols courtyards distance in seconds in thier powered battle suits. The SCWA's powering the commandoes bodies so that they jumped many feet with each step. The chaos and fire of the explosion covering the squads approach. Rex literally shook with the anticipation of battle, his blood raging in his veins as he looked for his first opponent. As Rex waded through the debris of the capitol building’s entry the rat-a-tat-tat of machine gun fire split the night. Bullets slammed into Rex and his team mates, ricocheting off their armor and pinging off into the night. Four South African guards were pouring all they had into the space-cow soldiers…but it was not enough; In the span of a second Rex’s suit had targeted the soldiers and his one-ought barked fire. The heavy slugs tore through the humans flesh, throwing them backwards and apart in pieces.
    “RRRrrrrragrh!” Rex shouted as he charged forward into the inner doors of the capitol building. The heavy doors flew off their hinges as Rex’s shoulder smashed into them. People scattered from the flying debris and the death dealing monsters who poured through the door way. As the politicos cowered in place their soldiers began firing on the rampaging horned monsters. Rex began targeting the masses of people as bullet after human bullet bounced off his armor. Rex’s blood was on fire and revenge ran like cold lava through his veins as he thought about the debt he would exact from these humans. They would pay the butchers bill in full for his fallen comrades.

Humans fell like cut wheat before his guns and slamming fists.

These humans were simply too weak for him and his brethren. The Humacow soldiers washed over the South African capitol like an unstoppable wave. If this was the best the earth had to offer in resistance to the aliens, the war would soon be over. In only a matter of moments the capital and its out laying areas were made devoid of human life, the buildings...on fire, the humans leaders…dead.

Forum Member

Norman wasn't the normal candidate for the Penguin Defender Battle Squads. He was highly educated in electrical systems and communications technologies, not the usual combat operations that the Penguin network was known for. He was intently watching the radio scans of the Cow mothership on his computer. Everytime a report of a new attack on the terra ferma of Earth came into central command, he noted the power surges coming from the Mothership. His primary concern was decoding the frequency of the transportation beam. While he watched his various computer readouts, he marveled at the ingenuity of the hoofed cows. Somehow, they had evolved into a highly mobile, techonology enhanced life form. It was unclear how they could build such things as the mothership without the aid of opposable thumbs. The Penguins had the aid from humans, and also other animals such as raccoons and monkeys. Their primary source of new technology was the Galactic Counsel, which was formed eons ago to ensure survival of all life forms in all places of the Universe. Norman often wondered why the Galactic Counsel had abandoned the Humans in their struggle for relief in the battle with the cows. The Counsel was involved in a a fight against the Empire's Trade Federation, but how dangerous could a bunch of merchants be? Norman's thoughts were interrupted by a seemingly unfamilar glitch on his radio transmission scans. A large power surge was detected from the mothership, and it seemed to be focused on South Africa. Intently, Norman listened to the radio transmission, expecting to hear the mooing of cows braying out their orders to ground units. Instead, all he heard was a consistent but slightly variable hum. He immediately locked in a radio monitor on the signal. It seemed to be a large amount of energy being sent in a very percise location. The amount of digital information contained in the transmission was staggering. The transmission started at the center of the ship, then traveled through the magnetic shield and to the surface of earth at the speed of light. At the surface of the earth the power of the signal was amplified to an intensity that caused a phase shift in the frequency, which excited the surrounding matter to reform in the shape that was consistent to the humacow attackers. Norman soon realized that what they had originally thought were simple communication transmissions were actually the movements of the humacow transport beam. He tried to isolate the frequency wavelength. The ranges of his computer's sensor readings were too low for the accurate measure of the massive amount of radio wave oscillations. Norman continued to monitor the point of the ending of the transmission. After several hours, he was about to take his required six hour leave for rest, when another signal was detected. This time, a power surge on the ground began to build, then the ball of digital information traveled up to the Mothership. It went through the shield and was amplified in the center of the ship. Norman thought for a minute. There had to be a way to identify the bandwidth of this "radio" transport. He feverously typed commands into his computer, his little flipper "hands" pecking away at speed. "There!" he said outloud. On his computer, he had managed to rewrite the parameters of the sensor ranges. It was an obvious now. The frequency changed rapidly to excite the surrounding molecules. For effective transport to occur, the digital information had to be focused. The frequency was used to create a molecular reaction among the atoms of highest intensity. Then the digital information was decoded into actual matter by manipulating the frequency of two different wavelengths. Both wavelengths were focused at the areas of transport and destination. The manipulations of the wavelengths under the high frequency outputs pushed the matter through solid objects, space, and air. For transport to occur, all that was needed was two high power digital radio transmitters that could have their radiation focused into a small area. The atoms of the objects to be transported would be contained in the wavelengths as digital information due to a complicated buffering system. The key to decoding the transport beam wasn't in the way transport occurred, the key was to decode the buffering system that converted the atoms into and from the digital information! Norman was pleased with himself. He sat back and smiled. Suddenly he was jerked back into reality when a news alert rang through the Penguin ship about the terrible attack on South Africa. He quickly picked up his communicator and summoned his commander. His commander stood silent while he explained the findings on his scans of the mothership during the attack. Speachless, the penguin commander shook his head. "Norman, what are you trying to say? Do you know how to intercept the transport?" asked the penguin commander indignitly. Norman smiled, "would you like to be transported?" he asked. "Would you like to explain yourself, Norman? the commander's mood was growing angry. Norman explained joyously, "Sir, not only can we intercept the transport, we can modify our own systems and transport objects wherever we please. We can also safegaurd our ship by preventing unwanted transports by the Cows. It is so easy!!! Sir, I need to start building a buffer system to manipulate the molecular structures of solid objects." "So be it, Norman." the commander wasn't real sure what Norman talked about, but he knew when Norman was excited, something big was about to happen. Norman set to work again. He first set out to build a scrambler unit for the Penguin Defender ships radio room. The scrambler would prevent cows from transporting into thier ship. This was as simple as a cell phone signal scrambler. Norman had to adjust the radio wavelengths to match the cow transport. After completing that project, he set out to build a buffer to identify the atoms of solid objects and store the information digitally. The buffer had to hold enormous amounts of digital information. Norman worked throughout his six hour break, and long into the next day. When he had completed his work, he had a large black box with cables extending from it. It was time for a test. He attached the leads to his computer, and two portable radios. Due to the limited output power of the radios, he picked a small object to move. Using his computer to locate the object in relation to surrounding matter, he initiated a transfer from his work desk to the commanders desk in the control room. Upon his keystroke command, a notepad, on which he had written "Boo!" disappeared from his desk in a blurry blue glow. Meanwhile, his commander was drinking a glass of water when from out of nowhere a blue glow appeared on his desk. From the blue glow, a notepad materialized with the words "Boo!" The commander gagged on his water, and spit it out all over his desk. He jumped back and hollered for security. Suddenly the ship's central protection system alerted to an unauthorized radio transmission aboard the ship. Norman came running into the commander's quarters behind the security detail. "Did it work? Did it work?" he asked repeatedly. All eyes turned to Norman. After several attempts at an explaination of technical terms on electronic and atomic theory, Norman finally stated that he had a working transport. With a higher powered transmitter, he could do long distance transports, or even change locations of transport beams they intercepted. It was the technical break that the penguins needed. Finally, after trying to answer the questions of the penguin commanders, Norman begged to take a well deserved break. His little bird brain had been working straight through his normal 36 hour shift, and he was exhausted. As he climbed into his bunk, he quickly fell into a deep sleep. He dreamed of visiting far away places in the blink of an eye. It was a peaceful sleep. His next duty would be the time for a real test of his buffering system. The news of Norman's invention was sent to Benard, who had been studying the structure scans of the Cow's mothership. The Cows were too powerful on the Earth to engage in direct battle. Something needed to be figured out, and soon. Earth's human population was in a dire situation. Benard secretly wondered how the Cows had become so technically advanced in such a short time. There were still many questions, but the answers didn't come easy. Benard decided to go visit Miss Kitty who was in a training simulator with Brutus. The two, which had volunteered to go on an attack mission against the mothership, were now in limbo as new plans were being drawn up, and then redrawn. They both hated the delay, but they understood that all the effort of the planning was to preserve the forces that remained. Brutus wished he could battle the humacows in a fair fight, with no technology enhancements. Without their battle armor and weapon systems, he reasoned that their brute strength would be their own weakness. "If only..." it was always the thought of idle minds.. Benard interrupted the simulator and asked the duo to join him for lunch. Fried fish was on the menu in the cafeteria, and he looked forward to hearing more stories from Brutus's and Miss Kitty's battles together..

Forum Member

*cough cough ACK* "OK, who's the lousy duty cook that can't properly debone a fish!!!!" chokes out Miss Kitty, repeatedly sheathing and unsheathing her claws. "Isn't it bad enough to be under attack 'out there' without having to worry about being killed, albeit accidentally, by our own here?" Checking her fish for any more bones, she sighs and tells Brutus to finish telling Benard about the platypuss platoon.

Forum Member

Brutus passed her a napkin and continued, "well, like I was saying, just because they say they don't have anything in their pouches, DON'T believe it!" Benard was only slightly amused. He had delt with the platypuss platoon, and knew that they were prone to pranks. Unrully as they were, they were still a skilled fighting force. Benard found himself feeling jealous because Brutus had passed Miss Kitty the napkin, instead of himself. He knew better, but still, his thoughts of all the time Brutus and her had spent together made him uncomfortable. Changing the subject, Benard looked at Miss Kitty and asked her how she would like to go for a walk after lunch. She looked surprised, turning to Brutus, and then back to Benard. Brutus looked at the two, and said, "Go on, you two kids, you need some time together." Brutus could see relief in Benard's eyes. After they had finished their plates, the trio left the cafeteria, where Brutus asked to be excused. Benard offered Brutus his stateroom, to which Brutus eagerly accepted. "It's time for this squirrel to get some quality sleep!" said Brutus, "Ya'll behave!" His jovial reply was followed with a sly glance at the odd couple. Benard led Miss Kitty around the Penguin Defender ship. The two were engaged in small talk. Benard's confidence in his relationship with Miss Kitty was strong, but he still wondered where Brutus fit into the situation. Finally, Miss Kitty, seeing Benard's mind was wandering, asked him, "Ok, bird, what's up?" She always called Benard, "bird" when she knew something was troubling him. It was one of those friendly jabs to get his attention. "Miss Kitty, there is so much going on right now. The cows have gotten stronger, even after the success of our earlier strikes. I thought I had lost you, but then you returned. I guess I just feel overwhelmed. You seem so at ease with Brutus around.." She stopped him right there. "You silly bird," she laughed, "you're jealous!" Benard wasn't amused. "Brutus is like a brother. That's it. He would give his life for me, but that's because of our history together. I would do the same for him. He is a true friend." Benard stood quietly. Miss Kitty glared at him. "Do you really think that I would..." Her anger grew before she could finish her sentence. Benard knew he had misjudged the relationship between this beautiful cat and that squirrel. Miss Kitty threw Benard against the wall. He didn't know what to do. Fear paralyzed him. He closed his eyes and braced himself for the hit that he knew he deserved. To his surprise, a soft furry whisker brushed past his beak, and he felt the warm, tender kiss that landed softly on the side of his face. "Benard, grow up." Miss Kitty knew that Benard had been under to much stress, and she didn't want to escalate the situation. "Miss Kitty...Denise, I'm sor.." She interupted him with another kiss. Then she turned to him and said, "Sometimes, I think you forget that I love you." Benard hadn't heard those words in a long time. "I love you, too." The couple stood in the corridor holding each other. Suddenly, Benard felt a single sharp claw poking into his side, he froze in fear. Miss Kitty began laughing, "and don't call me Denise in public!" The two spent the rest of the afternoon together talking like couples do. They returned to Benard's stateroom to find Brutus curled up in a chair, sound asleep. Benard whispered to Miss Kitty, "you know, he is kinda cute... when he's asleep!" Miss Kitty laughed so loud that Brutus awoke with a jolt. "What tha.." the sleepy squirrel replied as he rubbed his eyes. "What'd I miss?" Brutus finally asked when he realized that the two were standing there. "Not much, my friend, not much," replied Benard.

Forum Member

Norman awoke from a deep sleep. He had earned the rest after his all-nighter that he had pulled trying to get his matter transport working. He felt refreshed and unusually bright. He took a quick shower, dressed, then grabbed a cup of coffee and a honeybun. He settled into the comfort of his chair in front of the computer at his station in the ship. After sharpening a few pencils and eating the pastry, he began to think about his transporter. He knew he could move small objects short distances, but he was concerned about moving more complex objects over long distances. More importantly, he was having concerns about the clarity of the radio signals when the object was supposed to be reanimated. The buffer system he had created was actually a large memory computer system that collected the data from each molecule, stored it during the radio transmission, and then reorganized it using the radio frequency to arrange it. Norman decided that he should add to the capacity of the system. More memory is always better when you are trying to move copious amounts of data. After a few hours of drawing, and fiddling with his buffer box, he was ready for a test. He was about to send another desk object across the room, when he remembered that his last test caused alarms all over the ship. He summoned his commander, one of Benard's Security Generals. General Stumpart was still leary of Norman's device. He didn't appreciate the the little "boo" joke from Norman's last test. When Norman called for him, he was a little more relieved that he wouldn't be the butt of this test. Standing at Norman's desk, he asked Norman about the test that was about to take place. Norman replied, "Sir, at first I wanted to try sending a larger object from one side of the ship to the other, but after reconfiguring my buffer, I think we can be a little more ambitious with the next test. How would you like to send somebody to another ship?" Stumpart was less than ecstatic. "No, Norman. We cannot start zipping folks across who knows what to wherever. We need a proper test." Norman thought for a moment, "Sir, wait here, I'll be right back." With that, Norman ran to one of the storage closets where many of his small inventions and projects were stored. He returned with a small box. "What's in the box?" Stumpart asked. Norman proudly opened the box to reveal what appeared to be a small horse fly. "Norman, what are you doing raising insects on this ship?" Norman smiled, "Sir, this is a robotic spy bug. It has transmit capabilities with built in camera and microphone. I was thinking about sending it out with the transport, and using it to report back from that location." General Stumpart agreed. If the spy bug could transmit an image back from a location that it was transported, then larger tests could be tried. Norman eagerly placed the bug on a spot on his workbench beside his desk. Using his computer, he located the bug with the buffer and selected it for transport. Before sending it, he also engaged the camera on the bug and set up a display box on his screen. The bug was looking at Norman's coffee cup. "Sir, where do you want it to go?" Without thinking, Stumpart mentioned how nice one of those bugs would be on the cow's ship. "Done," said Norman. Before Stumpart could stop him, Norman selected the desitnation, and ZIP. The bug disappeared in a blue glow. The view on the screen of the bug's camera showed a blue light, then darkness. Stumpart was horrified. "Norman, I didn't mean for you to send it to them! What if they detected the spy? What actions will they take?" Norman was confident in the steath of his spy bug. "Sir, I doubt they will notice a fly on the wall, besides, you wanted a 'real' test." General Stumpart was about to lay into Norman about breaking the protocall of unauthorized missions against the enemy when on the screen, the darkness of the bug's camera turned into a blue glow. Suddenly the screen lit up with images of a metallic surface. Norman engaged the bug with a program that gave him flight control. On the screen, the camera showed corridors of what looked like stainless steel. Norman piloted the bug to the top of the corridor, where he stationed the spy bug into a corner looking down the walkway. Directly beside the bug, an incandescent light source glowed softly. General Stumpart was enthralled with the plain image. "Norman, where is it?" Norman replied, "Sir, the telemetry should have placed it near the last transmission site from the Cow Mothership. We should be near their transport room." Suddenly, a bipedal cow walked past the bug. He was much smaller than the humacow warriors, but was still similar in biological make up. The DNA clone mix appeared to have cow features on a human style frame. Human style hands were on human style arms, but the familar cow head, torso and legs remained. This must have been some of their scientific clones that were working on building their weapon systems and esclating the clone research. The ungainly creature was wearing a white lab coat. General Stumpart and Norman watched the screen of the computer monitor like a child stares at cartoons on Saturday morning. There was no doubt that the spy bug had arrived on the Cow Mothership, but the question was, had it been detected??

Forum Member

Melba awoke to the sound of thunder. She was unaccustomed to the sounds of a rain storm after so many years in the desert. It was still dark outside, but the flashes of lightning danced through her bedroom window and performed a beautiful waltz across the door on the opposite wall. She was excited to be in the United States again. It had been years since she attended cooking school. Now, here she was, lying in a bed at a safe house with rain pelting the glass window. She was supposed to meet with some of the chemist that were working to develope a better method of fighting the Cow cloned monsters. It had become way to obvious that simply spraying them with a commercial meat tenderizer to kill them could easily be defeated if the cows wore rubber suits. A more ingenious device needed to be built. Perhaps it was a magic bullet, laced with the tenderizer's agents that worked against the cow clones. Nobody was sure, but because Melba had been the one to try it first, she was the closest thing to an expert. She rolled over on her side, and tried to go back to sleep. The storm outside was drifting away, and soon the morning sun would be trying to make it's debut. Melba drifted back to sleep. In her dreams she would relive her happiest moments. Oddly enough, she would dream of her camel friend, Lucky, and the bond they shared in their escape from Iran. She would see Lucky in the morning. Melba had demanded that her friend travel with her, and the Penguin Defenders allowed it. In this world, animals and humans had to work together. It was the only way to save the Earth from the Cows.

Forum Member

Miss Kitty and Brutus had been working together on some maneuvers in the weightless chambers aboard the Penguin Defender ship. Even the most simple suggestions of movement turned into a major chore for the two experienced warriors. Their tact and cunning couldn't make up for the uncontrolled spinning and twirling that the zero gravity provided little resistance to. Frustration was apparent when Benard checked in on their progress. Miss Kitty was attempting to climb from a mock ship hatch into an open hatch that resembled the garbage shaft on the Cow's mothership. Every move would go without a hitch until she let go of the last hand rail, and tried to push herself towards the shaft. The drag of a small bag of tools would cause her tragectory to veer off from her intended destination. In an attempt to turn mid-flight, the zero gravity simulations ended with her tangled in the rope attached to the bag. She sneered a the laughter coming from behind the observation window. Her sneers turned to a smile once she realized Benard was the one laughing. "Ok, hotshot, you try it," was her only reply. Benard mused at the idea, but he, too, would fall victim to the woes of weightlessness. Penguins weren't designed to be weightless. The training officer decided it would be best to take a break and review the video from the attempts in order to discuss a new strategy.
    Meanwhile, Norman was still playing with his spy drone aboard the Cow ship. He moved it along the corridor towards a doorway. Through his monitor he could see that the cows, with all their advancements, still would soil their walkways with their defication. Suddenly, the audio sensor picked up an alarming noise. Norman turned the spy fly around to zero in on its source. A robotic sweeper was moving slowly down the corridor, cleaning up the dung heaps and leaving a polished white surface behind. Norman was impressed. Although they were still uncivilized in their manner, they had the technology to clean up behind themselves. Suddenly, the robotic sweeper paused in its path. Norman watched his monitor in quiet repose. The robot opened a small trap door on its frame. A pencil shaped cylinder emerged. The pencil seemed to point directly at the spy fly drone. Suddenly a bright red light filled the monitor. Normans drone quit sending data, and the screen went blank on the monitor. The audio and video feeds had ended. Norman could only theorize in horror that the robot sweeper must have fried his fly. Perhaps it was designed to destroy unwanted bugs on the Cow's ship. Or worse, maybe it had detected the spy. Norman didn't know for sure, but he was obligated to inform the Penguin Commander. Benard was paged on the intercomm, as Norman prepared his verbal report. Norman feared that the spy drone test may have compromised the Penguin Defender ship's location to any Cow detection devices. Benard would be furious with him since he hadn't requested permission for sending the drone. Norman was nervous, and silently awaited Bernards arrival.

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool Continuum

Norman was nervous, and silently awaited Bernards arrival...

After awaiting what seemed like an eternity, Norman makes the biggest decision of his life. "I'm so fracking sick and tired of being the follower, not the leader. Screw this, screw this mission, I'm taking over!!!! Death to all bovine! Humanity shall prevail! Norman then does the impossible: he jumps into the air, sailing across the room right into the captain's seat. Norman screams in pain, as he just figured out he miscalculated the jump. You see, Norman wasn't the best and brightest at math. In fact, he was the worst math student all four years in high school. He even barely graduated from high school. Positioning himself in his seat, his precious jewels damaged from impact, Norman starts to feel his courage slowly slipping out of him. Damn! What happened to my adrenaline rush?! Then he hears this: "You must of checked it out at the door." Norman slowly turns around, his netherregion still painful, and his eyes get all wide. "No, not you!" Norman gasps. Coquette, the genetically-altered sheep, looks up from her screen. "Yes, my darlin', I am here." Bernard asked me to watch over you while he was away manning the mother ship. "But I don't understand." Norman cries out. "You are carrying the last known strand of mad cow's disease." Coquette slowly rises from her seat, and says "Excuse me! I am carrying Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy, BSE for short, thank you very much!" Norman starts backing away a little, scooting his chair, but realizes that it's bolted to the ground. "You make it sound like a disease!" Coquette cries. "But it IS A DISEASE, Coquette!" Norman squeels. "Fine then Norman! We'll call it what you want to call it. You have always wanted to have your way with everyone, and especially me. But you will never have me. I pity the fool you are! I am no state fair prize! I'm better than that! I've had better men than you for dinner!" Coquette begins to blush deep red and clears her throat. She then tries to change the subject. Norman than interrupts... "Is that how you got the, mad c... errr BSE?" He looks at Coquette with some concern on his face. "Or was it from eating wild duck? I know how much you love that gamey meaty tasting entree with the wild rice off to the side, and a bottle of chianti to wash it all down. Plus, you never ask for side of veggies, you hate veggies!" Coquette interrupts Norman. "I do love veggies! I eat more than my fair share of grass daily. Gives me all the vitamins I need for my body. It really does a body good. "See! I'll show you just what I mean, Norman." Coquette raises up her head to show Norman her green mustache. "Plus, a time or two, I've eaten fava beans, which really goes well with that bottle of chianti." Norman nods in agreement. Coqette's look quickly changes on her face and she stares at Norman.
    Last edited by GaPeach933; 08-08-2008 at 03:20 PM.

Forum Member

Exclamation

If I didn't know better, I'd say some people actually read this thread...

Forum Member

Melba awoke to a room bright with sunshine. The rainstorm from the early predawn had long since passed. Eagerly, she gathered herself together in preparation for the day. She didn't know what was expected from her by the scientist working on the chemical defenses and weapons which they hoped to use on the Humacows. Melba headed outside of the small farmhouse, into a make-shift barn. Inside, in normal times, it would have been the resting place for a farmers horse and goats. Instead, in one lone stall, Lucky was resting upon his hauches. He lazily chewed at the oats that Melba provided him. He wasn't used to oats, but the taste somehow interested him, although he really wished he could have one of the sweet red apples that the Penguin defenders had given him on the transport to the farm. After checking with Lucky, Melba returned to the house to talk with the hosts. Jan and Frank had lived on the farm since they were married, twenty plus years ago. During the recent animal revolt by the cows and chickens, they had taken refuge in an antique atomic bomb shelter that had been built by Frank's family in the early '50s. For years, the locals wondered why Frank Sr. used so much concrete. Now, the shelter was being used as a small, isolated lab for the few remaining scientist that had escaped the waves of cow and chicken revolts. Frank despised chickens, and he also never had much use for cows. He disliked the way the animals never appreciated the hard work and effort that it took to keep them happy. Egg farming, and dairy products were never his favorite endeavors. Frank, instead, had invested in building a successful wool business on his family's land. Sheep were docile, and usually mild tempered. During the attacks, the sheep were overlooked because of their non-threatning posture. Frank had opened the gates of his pastures to give the sheep freedom, yet they had remained loyal to their "human family." The sheep took great self pride in seeing their wool used for clothing on the humans. They often mused about the wild colors and funny patterns that would adorn their once brilliant white wool. Now, the sheep stood fast, watching the pastures of their raising, and standing guard against any other invasion. Many sheep had eyeballed Lucky when he landed in the Penguin ship. It was a curiosity for them to see a camel.
    When Melba had made her way into the house, she found that Jan had cooked a full country style breakfast, complete with eggs, steak and biscuits. Jan smiled at her work. "It's alright, we have a huge freezer in the shelter. These are fresh, though. Scouts from those evil animals.." Melba thanked Jan for her hospitality. She appreciated the food. Being a cook herself, she was impressed at the flavor of the simple meal. The best part was the homemade marmalade. It was a mix of blackberry and orange, straight from Frank's Family farm.
    Soon, Melba would find herself deep underground. Beside the farm house, a small concrete well cover had revealed itself to be a stairway into a sloping shaft. Behind a huge metal door, another tunnel, brightly lit with industrial style flourescent lights, led downward at a gentle slope to another doorway. Melba's thoughts raced as she kept walking down into the shelter. The structure rivaled many of the bomb shelters that she had been in during her service to diplomats. Finally, she reached the doorway to the main chamber. There were guards posted at the entryway. As they opened the doorway, Melba stood with wide eyes. A beautifully decorated room, complete with wood panels and hand woven wool rugs welcomed her into the bunker. A small man in a white coat met her at the entryway. "Welcome, Melba! We've been expecting you!" The words were somewhat cold, but the expression showed joy.

Forum Member

not a bump, just adding "illustration"

*runs for cover*
    Last edited by firecat1; 05-01-2009 at 03:50 PM.

Forum Member

Is this thing on?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by rhvfd1214 View Post
    Is this thing on?
    Check, check, check one, hello? Hello?
    “I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.”
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by EastKyFF View Post
    Check, check, check one, hello? Hello?
    Is anybody out there? Take the red pill to stay in Wonderland. I thought I saw a wabbit! Too much pepper makes me sneeze. I love a warm pig belly for my aching feet. Why are there white crayons? Goodbye sweet hat.

Forum Member

Dang-it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a musician..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 First ... 3456

Thread Information