Forum Member

Unhappy Volunteers take cover

A hand full of jackass volunteers in Georgia is about to set this board on fire. Volunteer all over the country you’re going to be lumped in one group

MembersZone Subscriber

I'll bite. Whats the haps Mr. Cryptic?
    Greater love has no man than to lay his life down for a friend.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs down

I would feel real safe in that town since the department membership went from 12 down to 4. Dumb, just plain dumb.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by confire View Post
    A hand full of jackass volunteers in Georgia is about to set this board on fire. Volunteer all over the country you’re going to be lumped in one group
    If the place catches fire....then we will put it out. This is what we do!!!!!!!!!!

We're Professional Firefighters!!
    Just someone trying to help! (And by the way....Thanks for YOUR help!)

Aggressive does not have to equal stupid.

** "The comments made here are this person's views and possibly that of the organizations to which I am affiliated" **

MembersZone Subscriber

they was good firefighters b/c they had lot's of live fire experience!

makes good girls go bad

Quote Originally Posted by rpferry View Post
    I'll bite. Whats the haps Mr. Cryptic?
    Front page news outta firehouse.com, Brother.

Buncha fcuking morons, uhm, "firemen" were setting fires.
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by confire View Post
    and maybe, just maybe, at least 1 volunteer department will learn something from this incident...
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by BLSboy View Post
    Front page news outta firehouse.com, Brother.

Buncha fcuking morons, uhm, "firemen" were setting fires.
    Ahh. Good looking out.
    Greater love has no man than to lay his life down for a friend.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bones42 View Post
    and maybe, just maybe, at least 1 volunteer department will learn something from this incident...
    OH ***** here we go.

Forum Member

So, do we do anything about it, or is this just another gripe thread?

Sorry, but the *Gasp!* factor wears off on these kinds of stories after the 3,407th time of hearing it.

Put it over there in the pile with the "firetruck roll-over" and "drunk firefighter on scene" threads, and call me when you folks have a solution.
    "Yeah, but as I've always said, this country has A.D.D." - Denis Leary

http://www.lettertogop.com/

Forum Member

UH... what makes you think its just volunteers that do this kind of thing. I wouldn't be surprised at all if just as many career firefighters did it. I think its a terrible thing but i highly doubt its just a volunteer issue.

Let's talk fire trucks!

Quote Originally Posted by Troysif View Post
    UH... what makes you think its just volunteers that do this kind of thing. I wouldn't be surprised at all if just as many career firefighters did it. I think its a terrible thing but i highly doubt its just a volunteer issue.
    I don't engage in the career versus volunteer issue, it's not worth it (I can see both sides, check out my sig). However, take a look at ... let's say ... the last 2 years worth of headlines for FD personnel arrested for arson. See how many were career, and how many were volunteer. I would conservatively say the numbers are 50:1?
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Back In Black

Suffolk County New York has a great little video they created when faced with their own firefighter/arsonist problems years ago.

It's a bit dated, but should be mandatory viewing for all young firefighters or new firefighters.

Basically, you will wreck your life and those you love if you do this.

As officers or senior members of your house, you've got to mentor and watch the young and new.

To hear that one of these guys is a chief, is just sickening.
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Forum Member

Volunteer or not, it's still sad to hear stories like this tarnishing the Fire Service.

Joe schmo who reads this article won't care if the FF's were volunteers or paid guys...
    Probationary Firefighter

FF/EMT-B
    Paramedic in training..

makes good girls go bad

Seriously, we are all Brother Firemen. Career, volly, POC, whatever. If we start attacking each other due to how we do da job, we need to look at ourselves.
    Hang them from the highest aerial, show them as an example, and ensure that our own people will not do that through whatever means we have to.

Sure, we all make facetious remarks during the slow days, weeks, and months.
    "If we don't get a fire soon, I am going to set my own.", followed by a laugh, and moving on to telling more war stories.

When someone takes that leap from a lighthearted joke, to actually doing it, he has betrayed every other Brother or Sister who has ever answered that alarm, and swore to save lives, and protect property.
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

Forum Member

Yes, I think sometimes young firefighters get caught up in "just fighting fires" and NOT on the real job....Protecting the people and property in our communities. You can tell by some on the posts in this forum that there are way too many adrenaline junkies in here. To be a professional firefighter, you need to use the adrenaline to get the job done without it taking control of your life.

I feel sorry for the people that this department is there to protect. They deserve better. My prayers go out the the innocent members of this department, for it will probably be years before they have the full support of their community again.

We all need to look out for each other. Don't let this happen to your members, your department and your community!!

** "The comments made here are this person's views and possibly that of the organizations to which I am affiliated" **

MembersZone Subscriber

Angry Hang Them! Hang Them High!

Quote Originally Posted by Troysif View Post
    Yea, I saw that movie also, It was call Back Daft.
    Just kidding.

These retards should have their nuts burnt off for doing this. Hell, between the jack*ss driving 10-18 to a fire 85 mile away, to these stupid f*ckers setting sh*t on fire, I'm suprised that the Feds have not closed us all down by now. Thank God for States rights. I just don't understand why someone who says they want to help their community would do something like this? They give all of us a bad name. Its a sad day, when sh*t like this happens.

Stay Safe
    Bull
    Stay Safe
    Bull

“Guys if you get hurt, we’ll help you. If you get sick we’ll treat you. If you want to bitch and moan, then all I can tell you is to flick the sand out of your slit, suck it up or get the hell out!”
    - Capt. Marc Cox CFD

Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
    -WINSTON CHURCHILL

Forum Member

Sure, we all make facetious remarks during the slow days, weeks, and months.
    "If we don't get a fire soon, I am going to set my own.", followed by a laugh, and moving on to telling more war stories.
    I am sorry, but this is how it starts. YOU may be kidding, but some of the guys around you may not know this. That statement should NEVER be thought of much less come out of our mouths. Just ask the members of that department if you think that this is a joke.

We all need to be setting the example. We should be mentors to the younger firefighters and show them what this job is all about. Sometimes we all blow off steam in one way or another, but making statements like this is not how to do it.

makes good girls go bad

Quote Originally Posted by THEFIRENUT View Post
    I am sorry, but this is how it starts. YOU may be kidding, but some of the guys around you may not know this. That statement should NEVER be thought of much less come out of our mouths. Just ask the members of that department if you think that this is a joke.

We all need to be setting the example. We should be mentors to the younger firefighters and show them what this job is all about. Sometimes we all blow off steam in one way or another, but making statements like this is not how to do it.
    When I have said that, it is usually in the company of Brothers with as much time in as me, who know my sense of humor, and we usually finish it up with a laugh, and, " haha, but we don't want to end up like XXXX Fire Dept, on the front page of Firehouse.com. And besides, Bro, FTM-PTB-DTRT." Then we change the subject to the waves, or whatever.

When the Probies are around, I explain to them what being on a slow dept is about, and why training is so important. whether it is in house, or going elsewhere else. If we see the younguns (scary I am saying that, as I am the 4th Sr. Fireman at my house! ) are getting restless, we will come up with a long, hard, education filled drill to occupy them, and then pick it apart for a while to keep their minds off the fact that we havent had a call in 2 weeks.

We all joke occasionally about fires, or b*tch slapping that dumb nurse at the nursing home, or running that stupid driver off the road, but the Professional in all of us, and adhearing to the FOOLS Mantra will ensure that the Brotherhood, and the public will be served to the highest degree.

FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF

Forum Member

What a bunch of *********s
    Firefighter for Vestal 32-2

American Red Cross Volunteer

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by BULL321 View Post
    Hang Them! Hang Them High!
    This has been posted in quite a few different threads regarding punishment. Do you even think before posting that? I hope you are not seriously wishing death on these individuals. They are stupid, but I don't think they need to die.

Forum Member

We all joke occasionally about fires, or b*tch slapping that dumb nurse at the nursing home,

FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB
    Now that's funny right there
    Last edited by THEFIRENUT; 03-07-2008 at 06:30 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by resQengine View Post
    This has been posted in quite a few different threads regarding punishment. Do you even think before posting that? I hope you are not seriously wishing death on these individuals. They are stupid, but I don't think they need to die.
    Give me a break! The question should be, Do you think before you post? If the only thing that you can b*tch about after reading this thread, is that I said "Hang them high!" then it is truely a sad sad day. Saying Hang them High, is an figure of speach. I would take the time to explain it to you further, but I would probably be wasting my time and yours. I do however agree with you that they are stupid.

Stay Safe
    Bull
    Last edited by BULL321; 03-07-2008 at 09:51 PM.
    Stay Safe
    Bull

“Guys if you get hurt, we’ll help you. If you get sick we’ll treat you. If you want to bitch and moan, then all I can tell you is to flick the sand out of your slit, suck it up or get the hell out!”
    - Capt. Marc Cox CFD

Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
    -WINSTON CHURCHILL

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dave29 View Post
    What a bunch of *********s
    Like this?

My opinions might coincide with someone of importance's POV... I wouldn't know, since I never bothered to ask. My policy is: "Don't ask, don't care."

IACOJ--West Coast PITA

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by the1141man View Post
    Like this?

LMAO HAHA Yep thats them
    Firefighter for Vestal 32-2

American Red Cross Volunteer

Thread Information