03-07-2008, 03:39 PM #1
Director of Operations-Ogdensburg Rescue Squad-St.Lawrence County,New York
Applications can be found at www.ogdensburgrescue.org or you may send resume and letter of interest to Ogdensburg Volunteer Rescue Squad 101 State Street Ogdensburg New York 13669 Attn:Board of Directors.You may also contact 315-393-0837 Fax:315-394-0958
Director of Operations
Requirements for Consideration
1. New York State certified AEMT-P or AEMT-CC preferred. If not currently certified, must
be willing to obtain certification.
2. Physically and mentally capable of performing the duties defined in the NYS functional job
description of an EMT/AEMT.
3. Knowledgeable of EMS systems, rules, and regulations.
4. Posses good ethics and social traits.
5. Committed and available for required work schedule, meetings, negotiations, community service,
etc. The anticipated work week is 40 hours. Additional hours (within legal limitations) may be
required to fulfil the duties of this position.
The Director of Operations is employed under a contract with the OVRS Board of Directors. Salary
range is $39,000 – $50,000 depending upon experience and qualifications. Salary is based on a 40 hour
work week. The OVRS provides $500.00 per month toward Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance. This
currently covers the full premium for individual insurance coverage. The OVRS provides matching
contributions to an IRA account up to 3% of salary, 9 paid holidays per year, and 12 accumulating hours
of sick/vacation time per month.
1. Perform the administrative and management duties necessary for the day to day operation of the
2. Responsible for supervision and scheduling of EMS personnel and crews, utilizing paid and
3. Approve and oversee, in accordance with the bylaws and SOP, all operations and capital improvements.
4. Oversee ordering of all supplies for day to day operations.
5. Respond to EMS calls when necessary.
6. Implement all governmental or medical rules and regulations to assure that the OVRS is
fully compliant with said regulations.
7. Investigate problems and/or complaints and make a report to the Board of Directors for
8. Ensure that the OVRS maintains New York State and regional certification.
9. Represent the OVRS at all necessary state, regional, and local meetings.
10. Assure that the building and grounds are kept orderly, safe, and neat.
11. Stay abreast of current EMS trends pertinent to the operation of the OVRS.
12. Provide positive public relations in all possible manners, including, but not limited
to public speaking, presentations, educational programs, etc.
13. Provide information to the media in accordance with the bylaws and SOP.
14. Process all requests for information and legal notices in accordance with regulations and
15. Prepare monthly and yearly reports for the membership, Board of Directors, municipal
officials, and the press.
16. Demonstrate leadership and decision making ability.
17. Oversee vehicle maintenance, cleaning, and stocking.
18. Ensure that training is provided to and completed by all OVRS members on a regular
19. Oversee the processing of pre-hospital care reports for distribution to regional, state, and
revenue recovery agencies.
20. Perform other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
Last edited by Firenems13669; 03-10-2008 at 02:06 PM.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By LVFD301 in forum TennesseeReplies: 3Last Post: 03-13-2007, 01:26 AM
By jlang480 in forum Firefighters ForumReplies: 3Last Post: 01-19-2006, 03:49 AM
By captstanm1 in forum FloridaReplies: 0Last Post: 05-28-2003, 11:43 AM
By NJFFSA16 in forum Fire WireReplies: 6Last Post: 12-10-2002, 03:45 AM
By SBrooks in forum University of ExtricationReplies: 4Last Post: 07-03-1999, 12:07 AM