Thread: Dear Taxpayer

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Dear Taxpayer

Dear Taxpayer: This letter cost you $42 million
    Posted: Saturday, March 8th, 2008 at 12:01 am
    At a cost of nearly $42 million, the IRS wants you to know: Your check is almost in the mail.

The Internal Revenue Service is spending the money on letters to alert taxpayers to expect rebate checks as part of the economic stimulus plan.

The notices are going out this month to an estimated 130 million households who filed returns for the 2006 tax year, at a cost $41.8 million, IRS spokesman John Lipold confirmed.

http://news.jacksonville.com/justin/...ou-42-million/
    Take Care & be SAFE
    Bert

Forum Member

Nothing but the finest in wasting of taxpayer money.

This freaking stimulus will fall flat on its face. And about a year from now I guarantee that we will hear stories about how your tax returns are "less than expected" since this is only an advance on the return you will receive next year.

Since I plan my finance to owe every year and keep my own money as long a as possible, this will just be $1,200 more I will have to pay back to the money wasters extraordinaire in Washington.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Forum Member

Sure it's a come on for those who believe in a quick fix, but there is a way to make this work.......

Ready for it?

Lottery tickets!!!

Forum Member

It has long been said that if the government did away with the pay as you go method of collecting taxes and instead expected all monies owed to be paid in full by or on April 15th of each year,there would be burned out IRS offices nationwide and very angry mobs marching on Washington to hang the bustards that ran up that big a bill.
    As it is now,if the taxes were collected fully from the first paychecks of the year,you wouldn't see any money from your job until May.
    Remember,US Taxpayer is the only government job that doesn't require training.

Forum Member

Which candidates in the upcoming election "promise" to rid of the IRS again?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DaSharkie View Post
    Nothing but the finest in wasting of taxpayer money.

This freaking stimulus will fall flat on its face. And about a year from now I guarantee that we will hear stories about how your tax returns are "less than expected" since this is only an advance on the return you will receive next year.

Since I plan my finance to owe every year and keep my own money as long a as possible, this will just be $1,200 more I will have to pay back to the money wasters extraordinaire in Washington.
    And, we have politicians who want the federal government to provide universal healthcare? We are so ph uckd! I have individuals I work with who want it too. Always complaining about co-pays, wanting everything for "free." The co-pay is a lot less than the taxes that Hillary will want from your paycheck to cover her healthcare fiasco.
    Last edited by FDAIC485; 03-09-2008 at 09:32 PM.
    I believe them bones are me. Some say we are born into the grave. I feel so alone, gonna end up a big ol' pile a them bones

-J. Cantrell

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDAIC485 View Post
    And, we have politicians who want the federal government to provide universal healthcare? We are so ph uckd! I have individuals I work with who want it too. Always complaining about co-pays, wanting everything for "free." The co-pay is a lot less than the taxes that Hillary will want from your paycheck to cover her healthcare fiasco.
    Just remind them that every country that has "Universal Healthcare" has to supplement it frequently with extra monies.

Remind them that they will still have to pay for it - it is not free. As I recall in every country I can think of the insurance is required by the government, the base plan that everyone has is paid for out of taxes collected, and if you want extra plan coverage you must pay for it out of your pocket. Not all that much of a change from what we have now.

If you look at the Canada system, you have to purchase additional coverage against being injured if you travel out of the country because if you get hurt or become ill........the national plan does not/will not cover it.

Also remind them that the same Federal Government who cannot maintain roads, live up to its Constitutionally mandated requirements, allows billions to be literally wasted yearly in overspending, uncollected fines from contracters, cost over runs, pork-barrel projects, etc., is the same one that they want to provide them healthcare?
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

Forum Member

And, we have politicians who want the federal government to provide universal healthcare?
    Healthcare for the poor? Who can afford that when we are spending about 700 billion a year for the military? Talk about a waste of taxpayer money.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleman View Post
    Healthcare for the poor? Who can afford that when we are spending about 700 billion a year for the military? Talk about a waste of taxpayer money.
    Whatever Noz.

I just don't think that the Federal Government should expand its healthcare responsibilities when it cannot handle the ones that it has.

We differ in opinion on this since you love the Feds to do everything for everyone........Healthcare, SAFER, COPS, FIRE Act, blah, blah, blah.

So you want the same government that "wastes" money on the military to "efficiently" provide health care for you and your family......Beware what you wish for.

Then again, I suspect that the unions who have negotiated so strongly for members to have towns pay for healthcare to private insurers will absolutely not want to give that clause up......So you'll be OK.

Thread Information