Thread: Paid Call

Forum Member

Question Paid Call

I am a member of an all volunteer fire rescue squad. I was recently asked by the mayor of out city to find out what the going rate is for paid call depts. As i am not sure where to turn i thought this might be a good place to start. We are a small rural community serving approx 2500 people. We are not districted, the city gives us a budget to pay fro fuel the rest of our funds come from members and insurance money. Any help I could get would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to drop me an instant message.
    FIREFIGHTER/DISPATCHER

MembersZone Subscriber

We get paid for calls one hour minimum and our going rate is $11/hour. Calls are paid from the time the pager goes off until we get back in service. They usually throw an extra hour on for clean-up on structure fires. We also get paid the same for trainings.(has to be an official training as stated in our sops)
    Another guy I know on a different department gets $20 per call regardless of how long it is, and $5 dollars for a training.

Forum Member

I am similar to chazz. We get 10+ bucks an hour (depending on rank and time on the dept.,)..and its flat from the time we get toned till all trucks are back in service. Even if you are just standing by at the station (or back filling a mutal aid), its the same rate.
    Last edited by Resq1scnd2none; 03-13-2008 at 07:55 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

While we recieve @ a $600.00 IRA from the Town a year. Some fire depts in the area get between $5 to $10 per call, while ohters don't get anything at all. It not much but thats why they call us volunteers. I hope this helps.

Stay Safe

Bull
    Last edited by BULL321; 03-13-2008 at 08:54 PM.
    Stay Safe
    Bull

“Guys if you get hurt, we’ll help you. If you get sick we’ll treat you. If you want to bitch and moan, then all I can tell you is to flick the sand out of your slit, suck it up or get the hell out!”
    - Capt. Marc Cox CFD

Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
    -WINSTON CHURCHILL

Forum Member

We get $8.00 per call and after 20 years service $140 per month for the rest of your life. Retirement does go up every year or so.

Forum Member

FF's get $12.50 per call per first hour, $13.50 for officers. After the first hour we all get $7.00 an hour until we are back in service. For practices we get $10.00.

Forum Member

between 11 and 14 depending on level of training. minimum one hour every time pager goes off...paid from dispatch time until back in service

Forum Member

My dept. is $10 per call we respond to, $10 per maintnance day we attend, and $5 for weekly meeting and training day. It really depends on the number of members you have, how many come all the time, and how to manage paying your members with your budget.
    Knowledge is the difference between KNOWING and GUESSING

"You guys are good, but you'll never invent anything-it's all been done before."

FF/EMT-IV (medic in training)

MembersZone Subscriber

A few years back the town put us on the town pay scale. Pay varies by rank, longevity and performance. There are yearly COL adjustments and merit raises just like a "regular" town employee would recieve. The average firefighter is in the $12hr range. We're paid for everything; training, calls, details, meetings, etc...

Forum Member

We get $5 per call $5 dollars per training. Officers get $6.

Forum Member

Thumbs up Thanks

Thanks for all the info i appreciate it hopefully we can come up with something
    FIREFIGHTER/DISPATCHER

Thread Information