Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Washington, DC 2008

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaponeCEO View Post
    Rumor has it that the next class is slated for either July or Sept. Sounds like Sept is the one people keep talking about.
    July class and October class according the guys at the training academy.
    Evan
    Firefighter/NREMT-B

Forum Member

Cool New Capt

I spoke to the new Capt. I asked him if it will be July. He said it is just a rumour. Also said the process could be faster but no set date so right now I really doubt september. I wouldnt want to wait that long buut I would if I had too. But my personal take is that they will not wait too long to do it. As long as we all get our paperwork in we should start a class so its up to us

-Dcfd Applicant
    Last edited by Hotlikeafrica79; 05-02-2009 at 04:07 AM.

Forum Member

Anyone know of any place that I could go take a CPAT instead of waiting for one of the practice sessions. I'd like to get through this process as fast as possible.

Forum Member

I'm number 430ish. any idea how long it will take to process us ? what number are they on ?

MembersZone Subscriber

I think they are only upto #200 im number 199...i could be wrong, i think they are taking 100 at a time to start the blue book. Anyone in the 200's hear anything yet?

Forum Member

The reason I say Sept is that I talked to the recruiting officer and thats what he said. He also said they are really looking into an all medic class for the summer. But he did say July potentially. The FD will get thier new budget shortly after the new fiscal year in July and it always takes a few weeks for them to actually get thier money in.

As far as us making the next class. There are already enough people done for another class, so I'm not sure that we are the hold up. The current classes are 25 and 25.

Forum Member

Cool classes

I didnt know that thers 2 classes now?
    or are there?
    I thought 101-200 was for class # 360

If they did then september is a loooong time

-Dcfd Applicant

Forum Member

I heard talk of an all medic class as well this summer. I'm still waiting on a med/esa appointment. Anyone who recently handed in their blue book, have you gotten a call to schedule this?

MembersZone Subscriber

They will only schedule you for the esa/med if you already have a CPAT certificate.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GFD1FF View Post
    They will only schedule you for the esa/med if you already have a CPAT certificate.
    took an passed a couple saturday's ago when I handed in my blue book. I mailed in my criminal hx a week ago, so i think they were waiting on that. My file should be complete now, but i'll be calling monday.

But i never actually got a certificate in my hand when I walked out of the testing. I just signed my time sheet. Did you all get anything before you left???

MembersZone Subscriber

I may have missed it if you said it or not, but I'm assuming you're a medic. The rest of us (101-200) can't take the CPAT until the mentorship sessions are over - which puts the earliest CPAT dates in the last week of June if they schedule them right away. But I know there are supposed to be two timed practice sessions where if we pass it then, it will count. Problem is I don't know what the dates are for them so I'm going to call Monday to try to find out. I'd like to go to the first one so I can get it out of the way as quick is possible so that if I pass everything else I hopefully might have a shot at the next class.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GFD1FF View Post
    I may have missed it if you said it or not, but I'm assuming you're a medic. The rest of us (101-200) can't take the CPAT until the mentorship sessions are over - which puts the earliest CPAT dates in the last week of June if they schedule them right away. But I know there are supposed to be two timed practice sessions where if we pass it then, it will count. Problem is I don't know what the dates are for them so I'm going to call Monday to try to find out. I'd like to go to the first one so I can get it out of the way as quick is possible so that if I pass everything else I hopefully might have a shot at the next class.
    They are supposed to give you those dates during orientation right? They were the practice sessions that were actually in Fairfax. The other are held at the DC Training Academy, from what I thought. The CPAT holdup seems like forever.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hotlikeafrica79 View Post
    I didnt know that thers 2 classes now?
    or are there?
    I thought 101-200 was for class # 360

If they did then september is a loooong time

-Dcfd Applicant
    The current classes are 25 and 25. There is a class ready to graduate soon too there.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by CaponeCEO View Post
    They are supposed to give you those dates during orientation right? They were the practice sessions that were actually in Fairfax. The other are held at the DC Training Academy, from what I thought. The CPAT holdup seems like forever.
    They gave us all the dates for the mentorship sessions at the DC Training Academy but when we went for orientation they hadn't worked out the dates for the timed practice sessions with Fairfax yet.

Forum Member

Cool classes

So right now theres classes 358 and 359? Is there an entire class of medics there this summer If so what will they do about applicantts like my self that have everything except the ESA/medical? will we be there this summer or september.... Or waiting for a new fiscal year budjet? -Dcfd Applicant

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hotlikeafrica79 View Post
    Or waiting for a new fiscal year budjet? -Dcfd Applicant
    When does their fiscal year run from? I thought they had recently completed their budget and DC FEMS as actually getting a 4.9% increase? I read that somewhere on here awhile back.

Forum Member

358 has been there for awhile and pretty far along. 359 and 360 are in the same place a started only like a week ago. 359 and 360 are the two classes with 25 apiece

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by challenger818 View Post
    358 has been there for awhile and pretty far along. 359 and 360 are in the same place a started only like a week ago. 359 and 360 are the two classes with 25 apiece
    They run 2 different classes at the same time?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by donedeal View Post
    When does their fiscal year run from? I thought they had recently completed their budget and DC FEMS as actually getting a 4.9% increase? I read that somewhere on here awhile back.
    The DC budget is just being finalized by the city council. What you saw was the proposal from the mayor.
    Last edited by CaponeCEO; 05-31-2009 at 11:00 PM.

Forum Member

Planning on leaving here tomorrow around 5am to head down and hand in my blue book and go to the DMV and the fingerprinting.

For the guys that have already handed their stuff in, are we supposed to call the recruiting office ahead of time to let them know we're bringing our stuff in or can we just go there?
    NJ FFII/EMT-B

MembersZone Subscriber

I didn't call ahead I just went over there after I finished everything.

MembersZone Subscriber

I called befor i went down just to let them all know that i was comming, i went to DMV then hit the finger printing and went over to HQ, it was a very easy process. I would call when you get donw just to let them know i was lucky that no one else was turning in their paperwork when i got to HQ walked in and had a chance to talk to the Capt. He is a very nice guy. One thing i would advise talking the metro...i had a very hard time finding a parking spot both at HQ and the FBI building.

GoodLuck have a safe trip

Forum Member

Ok, thanks guys, I'll probably give them a call after im done with the DMV and heading to Indiana ave
    NJ FFII/EMT-B

MembersZone Subscriber

A heads up Call never hurts....dont want to head over to HQ when the Capt may be in a meeting or lunch or something lke that.

Forum Member

Cool I called HR today

I spoke to the Lt. He said that yes there are 2 classes in right now. Now what does that mean for us on the bubble people? He said that once "all" of our stuff is in like references/criminal checks.....Because they seem to be the "biggest time takers in the process" we can startt our suitability board I would guess within the next few weeks. Now He said He has to call 3 BFC's off duty. To review each of our cases. Then Next will be Cpats/Esa's and meds....So to answer the "fiscal year " Question Im guessing they should square away a budget and know how many classes they could afford this summer and through the fall. Im just surprised that they had 13-14 classes off of the 2006 test and only 2 classes so far from our test. As amatter of fact 2 weeks ago he told me "the Lt. there" said that #359 is comprised off of the 2006 test thats why I dont get why theres only 1 class from the 2008 class. and Stallika...(I would call before I come dont be coming up to HQ unannounced.....lol) -Dcfd Applicant

Thread Information