Forum Member

Exclamation Salisabury Wood Mill Fire and it's fate

This is one weekend that nobody is going to forget for a really long time. Ever since this has happen I have been crying each night because of the loss of my friend Justin Monroe. A firefighter that was not afraid to give his life for the things that he loved. He was not afraid to step up to the plate and go if I am going to die I am going to die for a good cause. This is going to go down in salisbury history and go through each firefighters mind each time they get a big fire like the one that they had this weekend. Please let me know what you think about this fire and also what you would have done to help bring it under control

Forum Member

it's just not worth the time to post something that would probably **** some off.
    Lets let things calm down before we go and start to second guess why things were done and arm chair quarterback about what we would have done differently.

come join the other thread http://forums.firehouse.com/showthread.php?t=99043
    Last edited by Firefighter2230; 03-12-2008 at 11:45 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by williamstalker View Post
    This is one weekend that nobody is going to forget for a really long time. Ever since this has happen I have been crying each night because of the loss of my friend Justin Monroe. A firefighter that was not afraid to give his life for the things that he loved. He was not afraid to step up to the plate and go if I am going to die I am going to die for a good cause. This is going to go down in salisbury history and go through each firefighters mind each time they get a big fire like the one that they had this weekend. Please let me know what you think about this fire and also what you would have done to help bring it under control
    Firefighting is, by its very nature, an incredibly dangerous and unpredictable job. While we mourn these two firefighters we realize that people do die in this business, even if they do everything in their, and our, power to prevent it. These brothers where doing their job, making an attack on a strong fire in an attempt to minimize damage to the structure. But fire being the way it is, transient and at times unpredictable, they got trapped in the building. Despite the best efforts of their brothers outside, they were unable to reach them, and thus they made the ultimate sacrifice. Much as we may hate it, and as much as we work against it, firefighting is a dangerous job, and people do die. If you want to work in this field after your explorer years, you need to realize this.

RIP Brothers
    Do a little dance, make a little rum, Italian Ice! Italian Ice!

Actual lyric: Do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight, get down tonight.
    (KC & The Sunshine Band "Do A Little Dance")

My thoughts are mine alone and do not represent the thoughts of any Organization to which I am affiliated.

Forum Member

I completely agree with you. I'm a Jr. FF right now, but I chose this profession to help others fully understanding the risks i may have to take some day. "And if according to your will I have to lose my life, please bless with your protecting hand, my family and my wife."-Firefighter's prayer
    My condolences to the families, and the brothers/sisters, of the fallen.

Thread Information