Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default NFIRS Personnel Tracking

We are a combination Department in which volunteer personnel can respond directly to an incident (either POV or on apparatus) or, in many instances, respond to the firehouse during an alarm. Is there a way to account for these people not assigned to a specific apparatus on an incident (i.e. if they respond POV to a scene OR respond to the station to provide coverage)? What are other department's doing to make sure their personnel are tracked and accounted for?

Thanks.

We created an apparatus called POV. The guys that show up that way are assigned to the POV.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Bones42 View Post
    We created an apparatus called POV. The guys that show up that way are assigned to the POV.
    That is the direction I was thinking as well. Are you assigning the POV to personnel that also respond directly to the firehouse and don't "go" to the call? Will Actions Taken Code 90 be acceptable?

One of the issues I am looking into is how to track people appropriately that go directly to the firehouse during an alarm but don't make it to the incident.

Let's talk fire trucks! BoxAlarm187's Avatar

Like Bones, we created an apparatus called "Responded by POV", but we also created one called "Standby at the Station". This accounts for both situations we face in our county.
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

MembersZone Subscriber

We did similar to Box Alarm and Bones. We had POV and STBY "vehicles" in the database.

For station members, we created each station. #1, #2. Members falling in that category are listed as responding to one of those ID's and assigned Standby at firehouse, or something like that.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks for all of the replies. Do you know off hand what code you use for the Apparatus / Resource Type? I am assuming for the action taken it is a 90 (fill-in, standby, other) or 92 (standby)?

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks for all of the replies. Do you know off hand what code you use for the Apparatus / Resource Type? I am assuming for the action taken it is a 90 (fill-in, standby, other) or 92 (standby)?
    It's been a while since I've used the firehouse software, but I don't recall having to enter an action taken for each apparatus. We used whatever action was taken on scene for the whole response anlthough it was unerstood that those on standby did not actually participate.

Thread Information