03-12-2008, 09:22 PM #1
- Join Date
- Mar 2008
- Gold Beach, OR, USA
Job Shadow: Mind Answering a Few Q's?
Im a Senior at GBHS, and Im a Junior Volunteer Firefighter, and Ive been on the Dept. for almost 2 years now, but for a senior class that is required to graduate, I need to do a project which invloves a job shadow among alot of other things. I know that a job shadow is intended to be close up and in person, but I cant find the time nor a paid firefighter within 100 miles. So Im asking if someone, or even a few people could answer some questions. But please no volunteer firefighters.
Any answering of questions would be greatly appreciated.
And to abide by the rules, dont post any personal info please.
1. What do you do?
2. What do you like best about about your job? Worst?
3. Why did you want to become a firefighter?
4. What kind of personal traits, interests, and styles match this kind of job/career?
5. What does the career ladder in your field look like from entry level jobs to professional jobs?
6. What is the basic education and training requied for entry level jobs to professional jobs?
7. What education or training is needed or available to advance and grow in the field.
8. How has firefighting evolved from the past, present, and into the future.
9. What other jobs and careers could you go into?
10. What voluteer or work expierence would help youth learn more?
11. What studies, classes, degrees, and training programs are suggested?
12. How does firefighting impact being a parent or family member?
13. Has firefighting helped you make a difference in your community? And how?
14. How much are you payed yearly and how many hours do you work daily?(You dont have to answer this is if you dont want to.)
Again, thank you for answering these q's. (If you did.)
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By NismoFire in forum Fire InvestigationReplies: 0Last Post: 10-20-2007, 12:57 AM
By mikecrespi in forum Fire InvestigationReplies: 8Last Post: 01-28-2005, 01:30 PM
By clinton_radloff in forum Firefighters ForumReplies: 1Last Post: 05-23-2002, 03:47 AM
By OFD95 in forum Career/Paid Firefighters ForumReplies: 0Last Post: 01-16-2000, 01:09 PM
By OFD95 in forum Fire Buffs' FirehouseReplies: 0Last Post: 01-16-2000, 01:04 PM