Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Permanently Removed

Exclamation Safety harness any thoughts?

I ran into this new safety device for elevated workers and I thought there maybe an application for it in the fire service. It seems it may be useful when transfering firefighters and victims from a building to an aerial lift because it allows for 100% fall protection because you can attach to both the building and the aerial lift simaltaneously. The great thing is that it has a breakaway leg so if the ladder needs to pull away quickly or even better if the building collapses it will not pull the user with it. You can see more info about it at the website http://www.wishbonesafety.com

I am very curious as to what others think about this piece of equipment. I think that it may be useful in the fire service.

MembersZone Subscriber dmleblanc's Avatar
    Not the end of the earth but I can see it from here...

1. Are you a salesman?

2. Why is this posted in "Fire Politics"?
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville Volunteer Fire Department
    Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream — and I hope you don't find this too crazy — is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
    — C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

Permanently Removed

I am a firefighter/paramedic in florida actually, I ran into this webpage while searching for mountain climbing equipment. I didn't mean to put this in fire politics, I tried to move it but I don't see any way to do that. I just thought it would be useful and I want to see if other people thought so too.

Permanently Removed

I am actually a firefighter/paramedic here in florida. I came across this device while searching for mountain climbing equipment since I am going on a trip out west later this year. I got me thinking about it possible application in the fire service and wanted to see what other thought. I accidently posted it here and I tried to move it but I don't know how. Sorry about that.

Permanently Removed

I am actually a firefighteparamedic in FL and I came across this device while searching for mountain climbing equipment for a trip I am going to on soon. It was an accident that I posted this in Fire Politics, I tried moving it but I couldn't. I just thought it was interesting and wanted to see what other people thought.

Permanently Removed

Wow my posts weren't going through for some reason, that is why I said the same thing 3 times. I actually wrote those last three posts two days ago and they just showed up. I guess I am not too good at this forum thing.

Thread Information