+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 First ... 23456 Last
    Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GCFD5exploder View Post
    okay i should have worded it differently ....... its not that we dont follow their rules but for example their rules say that we cannot operate pressured lines but during training we do HOWEVER on the scene WE do not we stand and watch.... and help when needed...... and as for the wildland thing yes we always have a Capt or an officer with us but our trucks only hold 2 people so it;s an officer and an explorer......
    I don't understand what you're saying. It's too jumbled and mumbled. Actually, I can't understand any of your posts. How about using better grammar?
    You already have placed your self in the bottom of a ginormous hole. I don't know of anything that will get you out.

Now let me put it in your language so I can make sure you understand what I'm saying.
    i dont unrstnd wot ur sayn itznt n 3nglish i cnt unrstnd n3 of ur postz 3vr h3rd of gram3r? yall alr3dy put urs3lf n a giant hol3 u cnt get out of mr exploder
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

Forum Member

its not that we dont follow their rules but for example their rules say that we cannot operate pressured lines but during training we do HOWEVER on the scene WE do not we stand and watch.. and help when needed
    So your still breaking their rules by operating a pressurized hose line regardless of the fact it's training. I think your backing out now because you orginally wrote:

we can fight structure fires from the exterior only
    So yesterday you could fight structure fires from the exterior but now you can only do it at training fires. I think you would have made it clear the first time if you only meant training fires because most people know the difference between the two.

and as for the wildland thing yes we always have a Capt or an officer with us but our trucks only hold 2 people so it;s an officer and an explorer......
    I hope that the Juniors only respond if there is absolutely nobody at the firehall. A Junior in my dept would have their *** thrown out the door if he/she tried to steal a spot on a truck over a senior FF. So please tell me that you guys are the only ones who show up.
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

Forum Member

okay i'm done with posting on this one because everything i say is getting turned around...... we can fight structure fires from the exterior ONLY whether it be training or not........ we cannot enter a structure that is involved untill we are 18 years of age...... okay, and when we operate pressurized lines there is always someone there to back us up (ie standing right behind us AND/OR holding the tool with us helping us out).......... and we do follow the rules BUT we are not very stingent with them...... we follow them but not to a T SO please do NOT turn this around and say that i just said the exact opposite......

Forum Member

GCFD5exploder WTF.

One more thing where does it state in BSA learning for Life rules that we can't operate a charged hose line?

Sorry RFxplr326 I think my grammar sucks in this post. I'm going to go grab a glass of water and some popcorn too.

Delta107

Forum Member

okay i'm done with posting on this one because everything i say is getting turned around...... we can fight structure fires from the exterior ONLY whether it be training or not........ we cannot enter a structure that is involved untill we are 18 years of age...... okay, and when we operate pressurized lines there is always someone there to back us up (ie standing right behind us AND/OR holding the tool with us helping us out).......... and we do follow the rules BUT we are not very stingent with them...... we follow them but not to a T SO please do NOT turn this around and say that i just said the exact opposite......
    This is you: http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...eurfireman.jpg
    Well, I think this one's more fitting, Mr. Tough Guy: http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...r326/tough.jpg
    Did you mistake Ronald for Pennywise the clown in your day???
    http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...326/pen_mc.jpg
    And for those who have been around for a long while: http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...lr326/self.png
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RFxplr326 View Post
    This is you: http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...eurfireman.jpg
    Well, I think this one's more fitting, Mr. Tough Guy: http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...r326/tough.jpg
    Did you mistake Ronald for Pennywise the clown in your day???
    http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...326/pen_mc.jpg
    And for those who have been around for a long while: http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...lr326/self.png
    My weekly laugh.
    Delta107

Forum Member

Actually you do a pretty good job of screwing yourself over. The first time I asked you about the structure fire thing it was any fire. Next it was training fires and now it's back to any type of fire. Nobody is turning anything around because we don't have to. You say you belong to the group but your not very stingent in enforcing the rules, so really you are breaking the rules of an organization you belong too. Regardless if you break the rules or just don't enforce them your leaving yourselves open for a world of hurt in the event somethings happens to one of you. It's sad to see you have such poor leadership allowing you to do this.

Don't get ****ed off at us just because we question things YOU said.
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Reply

Quote Originally Posted by RFRDxplorer View Post
    I'm pretty sure that you dont have to just "pay extra insurance money". In most states child labor laws prohibit children under the age of 18 from participating in firefighting activites or being in IDLH environments.
    Just thought I would clear this up. I am Lt. in my department (senior) and my department allows Junior Members to attend the county fire academy (200+hrs) to become certified FF1 and 2 then they are open to ALL state fire classes. After that they are permitted to engage in all types of firefighting operations and carry the same rank and responsibilities as a senior member with the same training. As a 17 year old member of my department I was a certified FF1 & 2, EMT-B, and held 3 Heavy Tactical Rescue certifications. I had already fought (interior) working commercial and residential structure fires as a member of our Engine, Ladder, and Heavy Rescue companies. Junior Members that are properly trained and developed are just as capable as serving as a firefighter in the back of a firetruck. I still roll trucks regularly with junior members. In our department Juniors are also permitted to perform extrication as members of the heavy rescue as long as they hold the state vehicle extrication certification. Also just for anyone that is thinking I am from a rural area my department is a very busy urban department serving the suburbs of Washington DC. I am sure you will all bash us, but we have never had a Junior Member injured in the performance of their duties and they always serve as distinguished members of the company during operations. We currently staff and run 3 engine companies, 2 ladder companies, 1 heavy rescue squad, 1 building collapse truck, 4 fire boats, 1 light and air unit, and 3 BLS and 2 ALS units plus a variety of other support pieces.

*I will be more than happy to awnser any NON-INSULTING questions you might have about our operations, SOPs, etc...
    Last edited by rdw930; 06-24-2008 at 12:54 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by rdw930 View Post
    After that they are permitted to engage in all types of firefighting operations and carry the same rank and responsibilities as a senior member with the same training.

Was this only a Dept rule or is this a state wide thing?? If it's only a Department rule, I hope for your sake nothing bad ever happens.

I know at 16 years old I could have attended the local Fire School with a Department member accompanying me on all training and parental permission. Having said that I would not have been able to do anything different because of that.

Ryan

MembersZone Subscriber

As a Chief Officer, let me begin by saying that any statements made like this by any potential job candidate that I am interviewing would immediately raise red flags. Don't follw the rules to a "T"? I look at any rule the same way I look at any SOG/SOP. What about orders from an officer?

I fully support the junior/explorer programs. I was once an explorer myself. However, I can tell you that BSA would not and does not allow any of the above activities that you claim to perform for purposes of insurance and liability unless it is in a controlled environment instructed by qualified instructors. On scene activities are limited to observation only and light duty tasks such as changing out air bottles. I am very concerned about the statements you have made. I would not be surprised if some effort is put into finding out what department you are with and reporting your claims and activities. That is how serious this can become when you make the statements that you have made.

Learn from this and take it for what it is worth. Take some time to think about what you have said and what it means. It is okay to come back and admit that you were wrong. What we want to see is that you learn from this. No hard feelings....but people get hurt and killed when the rules are not followed in this business.

Forum Member

Not only are the things the kid has said bad, but it's the very poor representation of his/her department that he/she is showing. It's pretty easy to figure out where he/she is from... He said they're in Washington in a previous post so I search "GCFD Washington" on the great Google and found Grant County Fire District, which so happens to be majorly equipped for wildland.
    Firefighter/EMT

Forum Member

Default Stalker!!!!!

Not only are the things the kid has said bad, but it's the very poor representation of his/her department that he/she is showing. It's pretty easy to figure out where he/she is from... He said they're in Washington in a previous post so I search "GCFD Washington" on the great Google and found Grant County Fire District, which so happens to be majorly equipped for wildland.

Wow, you got some time on your hands

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerLt1991 View Post
    Don't go there.
    Firefighter/EMT

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerLt1991 View Post
    Not time. He did a pretty s**t simple search that would take all of 2 minutes really.

Ryan

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ndvfdff33 View Post
    Not time. He did a pretty s**t simple search that would take all of 2 minutes really.
    Actually, Ryan, I did it in under 2 minutes...
    Firefighter/EMT

Forum Member

I'm glade that I'm not the only one that found some pretty interesting facts that GCFD5exploder posted.

Delta107

makes good girls go bad

Ladies and Gentlemen.
    Please, you are perverting the point of this thread.
    Smack the little pup once, let him learn his lesson, and MOVE ON. No need to dwell on things. It tends to make people bitter.
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Talking Ok............

Quote Originally Posted by BLSboy View Post
    Smack the little pup once, let him learn his lesson, and MOVE ON.

No Problem. Consider yourself smacked.
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

makes good girls go bad

Love you too Chief!
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BLSboy View Post
    Ladies and Gentlemen.
    Please, you are perverting the point of this thread.
    Smack the little pup once, let him learn his lesson, and MOVE ON. No need to dwell on things. It tends to make people bitter.
    LMAO. I didn't realize it was this thread.
    Firefighter/EMT

makes good girls go bad

Don't make me pull this thread over and come back there mister!
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF

Forum Member

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

DAD!?! He's touching me.
    DAD!?! He's mocking me!
    Firefighter/EMT

makes good girls go bad

Thats it, we are turning around!
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF

Forum Member

Wha Whooo!
    We didn't want to go to the beach anyways. Or to the waterpark! I don't care for those big huge water slides!

Can we get ice cream? And then go to McDonalds?
    Firefighter/EMT

makes good girls go bad

Can we get ice cream? And then go to McDonalds?
    Absolutely not.
    You are going to bed with no dinner!
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 First ... 23456 Last

Thread Information