Thread: Let the Cop Jokes Begin!!
03-21-2008, 10:22 AM #1
Let the Cop Jokes Begin!!
Came across this in the local news today...while congratulations go to the cops on the strong work...I had to chuckle at the last line a bit!
Donut Delite Van Leads 100 MPH Chase
TOLEDO, Iowa -- An Illinois man is in custody after police chased a stolen delivery van loaded with doughnuts across two Iowa counties at speeds of up to 100 mph.
The van, owned by Donut Delite, of Moline, Ill., was stolen early Thursday while the driver was making deliveries at a hospital in nearby Rock Island.
More than 100 miles later in Iowa, a Benton County sheriff's deputy spotted the van and the chase was on.
Other officers joined in, and the chase stretched into Tama County. Authorities finally cornered the van in Toledo and arrested the driver, Frank Alvarado of Moline.
Authorities said he was a patient at the Rock Island hospital.
Alvarado is charged with first-degree theft, eluding and traffic violations.
As for the doughnuts, the bakery donated the goods to the officers involved in the chase.Jack of all trades, master of none.
Live Green, Go Yellow!
Join the forums at www.ambulass.com!
03-21-2008, 10:56 AM #2
- Join Date
- Mar 2006
- Someplace you're not :)
Trying not....to....make jokes.....
"Sir...Step out of the vehicle.....with 2 chocolate covered, one cruller and one plain"
03-21-2008, 09:18 PM #3
- Join Date
- Dec 2007
Never Say To A Cop...
1. I can't reach my license unless you hold my beer.
2. Sorry, Officer, I didn't realize my radar detector wasn't plugged in.
3.Aren't you the guy from the Village People?
4. Hey, you must've been doin' about 125 mph to keep up with me. Good job!
5. Sorry officer, when I dropped my bag of cocaine I reached down for it, but then my .44 slipped off my lap and got pinned between the brake and the gas causing me to get crazy speed.
6. I thought you had to be in relatively good physical condition to be a police officer.
7. You're not gonna check the trunk, are you?
8. I pay your salary!
9. Gee, Officer! That's terrific. The last officer only gave me a warning, too!
10. Do you know why you pulled me over? Okay, just so one of us does.
11. I was trying to keep up with traffic. Yes, I know there are no other cars around. That's how far ahead of me they are.
12. When the Officer says "Gee Son....Your eyes look red, have you been drinking?" You probably shouldn't respond with," Gee Officer your eyes look glazed, have you been eating doughnuts?"
03-21-2008, 09:43 PM #4
- Join Date
- Dec 2006
03-21-2008, 10:09 PM #5
Thank god it was Toledo, IA not here in Toledo OH.------------------------------------
These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By renbrowninc in forum Fire Explorer & Jr. FirefightingReplies: 12Last Post: 12-21-2007, 10:27 PM
By PuffyNPFD in forum The Off Duty ForumsReplies: 2Last Post: 06-04-2006, 12:30 PM
By Slapyo in forum Hiring & Employment DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 10-18-2004, 02:21 AM
By ftfdverbenec770 in forum Specialized RescueReplies: 3Last Post: 09-10-2004, 05:18 PM
By jaydubya in forum Hiring & Employment DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 06-01-2004, 07:39 PM