Forum Member

Default Thermal Imaging Cameras

I know this topic has already come up but any help would be appreciated. I am the lucky one to get picked to write the narrative for our AFG grant. If anyone has any successful narratives for TICs that you could sent me it would be very helpful. Good luck to everyone this year!

dantheman0914@hotmail.com

MembersZone Subscriber

First things first, have you ever applied for a TIC prior and if so what else have you applied for that you got rejected for the TIC? I don't have any TIC grants but I can give you some pointers. I've sent you an email on the tips and tricks needed. The two main things you have to remember is "need not greed" and a valid justification is needed for the item, and showing why you can't fund this on your own.

MembersZone Subscriber

I did a quick search but could not find the answer. I am writing a AFG grant request and the quote for the TIC camera came in at $ 14,600. Is there a dollar limit for a TIC camera?

Forum Member

Thanks for the input. We currently have no cameras and this is our first year to ask for them. Yes we have received AFG grants the last two years. Apparatus and then SCBA this last year. As for the limit, I talked to a FEMA rep and he advised me that there was a $10,000 limit per camera.

MembersZone Subscriber

Any idea on the odds of getting a second camera through AFG? With the importance of these items I think everyone should have one on their apparatus. We are thinking about applying to have one on both of our front line engines. We have on one but not the other.
    Last edited by BFDCO6; 03-25-2008 at 02:46 AM. Reason: spelling error
    Nick Cook
    Biglerville Hose & Truck Co #1
    Bendersville Community Fire Company

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by firefighter914 View Post
    Thanks for the input. We currently have no cameras and this is our first year to ask for them. Yes we have received AFG grants the last two years. Apparatus and then SCBA this last year. As for the limit, I talked to a FEMA rep and he advised me that there was a $10,000 limit per camera.
    Dan,

If you have two winning grants in your possession now then you are in great shape. All you have to do is rewrite the project description to fit the need for a TIC, and of course redo your cost benefits. Just remember to emphasize the need. Show why your department can't do without a TIC. This can be done with a need as simple as "we're losing houses because we have a lot of older style homes in our area and the fire is able to spread deep into walls, which is causing us to blindly open walls up looking for fire. with this TIC we can reduce the need to open walls and thereby reduce the amount of damages done."

Thread Information