Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    WFDFire2156
    Firehouse.com Guest

Default LAFD City Fire Department Please Help?!?

Dose any one have any info to share about the L.A City fire departments SOPS or protocals, do they run a lot, how many members do they have, how many engines/trucks, Do they have a heavy Rescue company? How many members do they ride on a engine/truck. What kinda PPE do they use?, do they see a lot of fire? I have many questions about them since I am from the midwest and those are just a few i thought of from the top of my head.... Pics would be nice also thanks
    Last edited by WFDFire2156; 03-23-2008 at 08:47 PM.

Allow me to assist, in part, my using my new favorite expression.

Google that *****.
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

WFDFire2156
    Firehouse.com Guest

I have googled it, but i was trying to get some answers from people who are on the department or no things about it, you can't awlays find what you are looking for on google but thanks

AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

Now can you dig up some info on that chick from the Cadillac CTS commercials?
    IAFF

Quote Originally Posted by snowball View Post
    Now can you dig up some info on that chick from the Cadillac CTS commercials?
    Oh! Oh! Kate Walsh, google Cadillac and Kate Walsh and life is good.

"Does your car turn you on?"
    "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

Forum Member

please WFD, learn to google. this website is not for peope to come an just fish for information. as BLSboy pointed out just do your own research...
    oh wait you cant, can you spell?

"isent" that right?

yeah, ill get suspended for this, but i dont give a crap.

MembersZone Subscriber

There really isn't too much info out there though about the LAFD. I'm going through backgrounds right now with them so I've spent plenty of time searching online when I started the process. I viewed all of those sites, as well as every LAFD video that I could find on youtube.

My advice is to visit a fire house. I gained A LOT of information that way. Not sure where you live so it might be hard. If you live far away, call a recruiter. I did this a few times since I live in Milwaukee, WI. I could only afford to go out there when needed.

I'll answer a few of your questions. This is all off of the top of my head so the numbers aren't exact. There are about 3500 members. They have about 107 stations. I'm not sure on the number of engines, trucks, rescues, etc. They do have a heavy rescue company. They actually have a piece of apparatus for pretty much everything that you could think of. They have helicopters, buldozers, USAR, swiftwater rescue, brush patrol, and several others. That's one reason that I like the place. There are so many options. They do see a lot of fire. Like every other city, it depends where you're stationed. I talked to one guy when I was there who used to work in a station in South Central LA. He said that he had a fire almost every shift. They are one of the biggest and busiest departments in the country behind New York and Chicago. Hope that helps.

Forum Member

Talking

WFD, to get back on track, I'm sure you've seen your other thread that has some specific info posted about the # of engines, ladders, etc. in L.A. I know that they are now wearing the new California spec Morning Pride turnouts along with the County, Santa Barbara, Ventura, and several others. I also believe the run a single rescue, more similar to an FDNY rescue than their L.A. County counterparts. And what they call their "Heavy Rescue" is a big *** tow truck/wrecker they use at any and all MAJOR extrications.
    NorCal Firefighter

Thread Information