Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hang? Throw under a bus? Answer those three questions asked. Tell me when it is ok to do anyone of the three? People put videos out so we can learn from them. Refusing to do so just to show us your "moral fiber" is assinine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pipeman2 View Post
    I have several times rolled up BF+++Deal.. Size up or is that not taught to you by years of experience or in the IFSTA mannual? I have done that in the 2.2 sec before I hit the door..What do you need blueprints first?.. Secondly does anyone here use a radio? Because I have found it beneficial prior to being on scene what I am up against and my assignment. So yes I have stepped off on Air!

I must be missing the point of this thread. Maybe someday I will be a real fireman..until then have fun wacker's gone wild

FTM PTB RFB
    Box 8087
    Speaking of idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by MassFireGuy View Post
    People put videos out so we can learn from them. Refusing to do so just to show us your "moral fiber" is assinine.
    Sorry, I'm not showing you my "moral fiber", I'm just offering you my opinion on this video. If you want to go ahead and jump all over them, or me for offering an opinion, feel free. I'm not going to, and I was telling you why. If you don't like that, oh well.

There are things they did in that video that we don't do here, or that I won't do. No doubt about that. Maybe you should ask the guy who was in the video what his thought process was. If that were to happen then we'd have a real good learning opportunity. Maybe there was some intangible that was relayed to him, I don't know. As it is, all any of us can do is speculate and guess as to what they were thinking.

I know that here we have predetermined jobs. For instance, if we're pulling up second or third due, there is a good possibility that we'll be taking the roof. That decision will probably be made by the first in companies and relayed to us via radio. We pull up, we're going to the roof unless told otherwise. It may look like we jump off the rig with little or no size up, which would be wrong. We look at the building and we can make a reasonable guess as to the ladders needed to get there. We take part of our size up from the first due companies, and then add that to what we see. We try to communicate and relay information needed that would probably not be seen in a video, such as this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Pipeman2 View Post
    I have several times rolled up BF+++Deal.. Size up or is that not taught to you by years of experience or in the IFSTA mannual? I have done that in the 2.2 sec before I hit the door..What do you need blueprints first?.. Secondly does anyone here use a radio? Because I have found it beneficial prior to being on scene what I am up against and my assignment. So yes I have stepped off on Air!

I must be missing the point of this thread. Maybe someday I will be a real fireman..until then have fun wacker's gone wild

FTM PTB RFB
    Box 8087
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKjxFJfcrcA
    Proud East Coast Traditionalist.

Forum Member

Thank you for the complement..Mass

FTM PTB RFB
    Box 8087

Forum Member

LMAO nyckftbl...and no my middle name is not Adam Sandler..

FTM PTB RFB
    Box 8087
    Last edited by Pipeman2; 03-26-2008 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    Here's an even scarier one...And it's real!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTufH...eature=related
    Fire Lieutenant/E.M.T.
    IAFF Local 2339
    K of C 4th Degree
    "LEATHER FOREVER"
    Member I.A.C.O.J.
    http://www.tfdfire.com/
    "Fir na tine"

Forum Member

He has a second video of himself with the helmet cam on at another fire. He gets off and runs up to the crew that is masking up at the door. He is on air there too. Must not want to stay in too long since he has to be out of air in less than 5 minutes from entry.
    Jason Brooks
    IAFF Local 2388
    IACOJ

Thread Information