Thread: news articles

MembersZone Subscriber

Default news articles

I have tried SEVERAL times to try and post news articles to be added........what am I doing wrong? Typically I will email the link from the news station or the newspaper, but have seen ZERO of my posts show up. What gives????

MembersZone Subscriber

Anyone.......Anyone.........Buehler........Buehler . I realize this is nothing new when trying to communicate with the webteam, but jeez, even the guys they had there at the FDIC booth were useless in answering my question.

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Why not just post them on the forums instead of trying to submit them to the WT?
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

MembersZone Subscriber

Great point, and that may be the route I go in the future. Especially if I see no response on a better solution from the webteam.

Administrator

Default News Articles

Well it all depends on a few things. Let me see if I can break it down and clear it up. We classify your submission into 2 different types of submissions. We have news submissions and photostories.

News submission are articles that you all get from newspapers and TV stations and forward them on to us. We have to have permission in order to use these stories. These stories are copyrighted and we can not just simply take them without the proper permissions or we can get in big trouble!! Some media outlets do not give us permission to use their articles and therefore we can not post them. So if we do not post an article like that that you send in that is the case most times. Some stations we have a blanket permission to use all of their work. Sometimes we can get permission to use just that article...and many times they will not let us at all.

Now when it comes to photostories, those are your incidents that your department ran and took pictures of. We try and use as many of those as we possible can. We need to have a minimum of a 3-5 paragraph write up of the incident that you wrote and between 3-8 pictures. If you submit your pictures with a link to an article from your local TV station or paper, many times we can not use them. So its important that you write up the incident yourself and not send links from a third party media outlet. Also if the pictures are from a camera phone for example, many times that are not the best quality and we can not use them.

Also, How are you submitting them to us? It may be a case where we do not receive them. You can either email them to us at Submit@firehouse.com or use or online form found here:
    http://dynamic.firehouse.com/contact/

You have to make sure that you are selecting the correct department in the drop down menu. If not it could be going to the wrong person and not getting forward correctly.

I hope that explains things a little better. let me know if you have any further questions and I will try and get an answer for you.

Webteam

MembersZone Subscriber

Thank you webteam. Im assuming mine have been copyright issues.

Thread Information