Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Texas home buying programs

anyone know of any home buying programs for firefighters besides the hud good neighbor next door program? especially located near to Houston?
    The Box. You opened it. We Came...

"You'll take my life but I'll take your's too. You'll fire musket but I'll run you through. So when your waiting for the next attack, you'll better understand there's no turn back."

Forum Member

You can not have owned a home at all for the past 12 months.
    If you sign up for ther house your name goes into a pot and a name is drawn lottery style.
    If your name is drawn you then must live in the house for 36 months before you can move or sell the home. If you sell or move before the 36 months then you owe the full note on the house instead of the 1/2 price initially agreed on. Really good for young people who still live in an apartment but stinks for a young family like mine who has already purchased our starter home.

sounds like I meet the criteria so far
    The Box. You opened it. We Came...

"You'll take my life but I'll take your's too. You'll fire musket but I'll run you through. So when your waiting for the next attack, you'll better understand there's no turn back."

try this on for size:

The Homes for Texas Heroes and Professional Educators home loan grant programs are providing home ownership opportunities to Texans who may not qualify for financing through conventional channels, TSAHC works to fulfill its mission to provide safe, decent, and affordable housing, through innovative and unique programs.

The Homes for Texas Heroes and Professional Educators home loan grant programs are made possible by the Texas State Affordable Housing Corporation and your State Representatives and Senators of this Great State of Texas.

The Texas State Affordable Housing Corporation is offering you a grant equal to five (5%) percent of your loan along with a thirty year low interent rate fixed mortgage. The grant money you receive to purchase your home is not repaid to the State.

Be a full time, paid Firefighter, Emergency Medical Services Personnel, Peace Officer, Corrections Officer, Juvenile Corrections Officer, County Jailer, or a Public Security Officer working in the State of Texas.Be a full time Classroom Teacher, Teacher Aide, School Librarian, School Nurse or School Counselor employed by a public school district in the state of Texas; or a full time faculty member * of either an undergraduate or graduate professional nursing or allied health program in the State of Texas.

http://www.texasheroes.us/

good luck

Forum Member

I am interested in this topic as well.

The HUD Good Neighbor Program offers used "crack house" homes and are only available in "revitilization zones", AKA ghetto. It's a big downer.

A lot of the HUD homes are very decent, however the ones offered in the Good Neighbor Program are horrid at best.
    Last edited by xstalkrx; 07-05-2008 at 11:29 PM.

Thread Information