Default Freedom Fire Equipment

Has anyone had any experience with Freedom Fire Equipment of Marretta, GA.
    Good, Bad or other ?

Forum Member

Smile

cookie cutter trucks

Forum Member

I talked to them alot when bidding our new rescue. They were nice folks and answered all my questions. They did not win our bid but I would use them again. It was extremely close for our truck committee.
    Forrest Gregg
    Chief
    Holtville/Slapout
    Fire & Rescue Inc.
    District 10 Director
    AAVFD
    IAFC
    www.holtvilleslapoutfd.org

Forum Member

Only one I know of around me was by Union SC County Fire Rescue. Seems to be well built. I can get you the contact info if you would like. They bought a small Rescue on a F550.

Forum Member

My vollie department just got a 3000 gallon tanker on a Pete chassis, and neighboring department has a F-550 squad. All seems pretty good. We're also getting ready for them to remount a body on a F-550 chassis. They also put a new body on an F-650 our department had.

Forum Member

SCOOBY14B

What kind of time for delivery?
    Would you please post specs and picture of your 3000 gallon tanker!

THANK YOU

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by hunlocklt View Post
    SCOOBY14B

What kind of time for delivery?
    Would you please post specs and picture of your 3000 gallon tanker!

THANK YOU
    Can't tell you much about the time frame as I wasn't very involved in that truck.

Go to this page and it is the top apparatus.

http://www.freedomfireequipment.com/tankers_tenders

Forum Member

Very Nice Truck!

Is there anything you would do different, we curretly have one being built w/3000 gallon tank.
    Thank for you time

Forum Member

Default Tanker not so fast..

Quote Originally Posted by hsvfd900 View Post
    Has anyone had any experience with Freedom Fire Equipment of Marretta, GA.
    Good, Bad or other ?
    It started out Great ... But has not been going real well .. We ordered our 3000 gal tanker back last April, on a KW chassie, now its turned they can not get one. So we settled for a pete. Now we found out they have never done one like we want done...At this point I would do your home work before you look into them.. And do it well. Here it is Jan 2010 and we are not even close to getting the truck.. OH well its their 100 dollars a day fee....

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fire520 View Post
    It started out Great ... But has not been going real well .. We ordered our 3000 gal tanker back last April, on a KW chassie, now its turned they can not get one. So we settled for a pete. Now we found out they have never done one like we want done...At this point I would do your home work before you look into them.. And do it well. Here it is Jan 2010 and we are not even close to getting the truck.. OH well its their 100 dollars a day fee....
    Getting a pete over a kw would be a huge upgrade. The peterbilt truck is far superior to the kw.

kws are friday afternoon/monday morning trucks on paccar's line .

The rest of your situation pretty much sucks though. Hope it all works out for you.
    Last edited by k1500chevy97; 01-27-2010 at 10:29 PM.

Forum Member

Hmmn,Meritor or Spicer,Allison or fuller.Cat,Cummins or DD/Mercedes. Yup, Pete is superior to KW..........NOT! They're ALL electrified Junk! Give me an Cornbaler anyday,at least you can get it back from the Shop in a week.Local oil company has 3 Ints,and two each,Pete and KW. Guess which ones are on the "hook"the most? Hint: It AIN'T the Internationals. Superior, my ***. They're just trucks,all of 'em. Until you get to the UPPER 8's but most of us aren't running those. Just my opinion from an old truck wrench,T.C.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    Hmmn,Meritor or Spicer,Allison or fuller.Cat,Cummins or DD/Mercedes. Yup, Pete is superior to KW..........NOT! They're ALL electrified Junk! Give me an Cornbaler anyday,at least you can get it back from the Shop in a week.Local oil company has 3 Ints,and two each,Pete and KW. Guess which ones are on the "hook"the most? Hint: It AIN'T the Internationals. Superior, my ***. They're just trucks,all of 'em. Until you get to the UPPER 8's but most of us aren't running those. Just my opinion from an old truck wrench,T.C.
    For what it is worth, when it comes to new trucks, I would take a Frieghtliner over an International any day.
    Career Firefighter
    Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Forum Member

Not Me. Small Freightliner have more wiring/junction problems than any two of their competitors combined. T.C.

Forum Member

In 1994 when we bought our Special Service truck, the Freightliner FL 70 had the edge over IH. But more recently, after having driven a good sampling of both, I can say that while they're both good trucks and I could be happy with either, Farmall has the edge now.

Peterwagons I can't comment on, but the only one I ever drove was quite nice. I got turned off of KWs a long time ago, but I have to admit, the last one of them I drove was a big improvement. But as with all KWs, whatever you reach for is somewhere else.

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool Pete Vs. KW

The midrange Petes and KW's are built on the same line in the same plant near Montreal. They arn't that much different. Pete has more upgraded features on the standard version where some of the items are options on the KW. Like Ford and Mercury being built on the same line.
    Much less problems with the Corn Binder than a Freightliner. Can't keep the doors adjusted on the Freightliner. Never have problems with the Navistar, aka IH, aka Corn Binder.
    Last edited by donethat; 01-28-2010 at 02:52 PM.

Forum Member

I have purchased 2 3000 gallon Tanker's/Tender's from Freedom and have 2 more on order. It has been a pretty easy process.

Forum Member

Default we were not happy

We had to replumb ours, could not deliver the tank to pump water. Our fault delivered with out a final at the factory. If your builder dosen't have a creeper and a bright flashlight tell them to get one.

Essential to getting what you speced.

Forum Member

Freedom sells good low end trucks. They do not build their own bodies however. They have Custom Trucks build the bodies. The wet side tankers are nice low price rigs.

Thread Information