Forum Member

Exclamation More on the Dismissed Volunteers

(LETS SEE IF THIS WORKS, I COULD NOT GET ANYTHING TO UPLOAD ON THE OTHER THREAD SO MADE THIS ONE)Pretty much the only one with a brain so far is MFDHoseCo3CGR. Just for starters...WHAT IS WRONG WITH ALL OF YOU???!!(besides a few) How far up your rears are your heads...YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED TO BE TALKING LIKE THIS...Are you not all firefighters? Doesn't sound like it, sounds like your just people trying to play the part and look like a heroic individual. Firefighting is all about tradition and St.Patty's day is a traditional fire/police event. Drinking has always been acceptable at these events by even uniformed police officers. This may vary from department to department but generally is fine, as it should be. It's people like you who are ruining the fire service and are making what was once the best thing in the world into these little stuck up prissy back stabbing, "soft" and un-fun places. People shouldn't take it too far as I know for a fact these members in the 8th didn't since I was there at this event(only 1 person went to far). MrPeepers probably has written the biggest amount of pure ignorance I have ever seen in my entire life.....Underage drinking is an issue, but for one leave morals out of this because it is not all the real issue here. Majority of people today and even in the past and it will continue into the future have consumed alcohol before the age of 21(not saying its ok but this is true). That is not an issue, its ok, its human to do these things and make mistakes. Plus in this case it is all just allegations, the members told their side of the story and were told, well we don't believe you BYE! Justice, I think not. The community is OUTRAGED as I have spoken to many...many... people who live in the 8th district, as well as other Fire departments, career and volunteer. They all said the same thing, this is rediculous, its St.Pattys day and this chief should be thrown out of office. The community was so shocked to hear about this bull that there will be many many many letters sent to the district soon enough, I will guarantee it. Another issue to speak about is brotherhood....has it died?? It's called the blue line, know it, use it, live by it. YOU NEVER CROSS THE BLUE LINE. In the world of police and fire, no matter what happens you don't rat on one of your own or your not truely in the brotherhood and will forever be left out of it, the people who told(most of which are lies) are not true firemen and can never get that status back, they are now simply rats and outside looking in at the brotherhood. I am so outraged at this as a firefighter that I can't believe all of you wouldn't simply support these men who got dismissed because of brotherhood alone. Support your brothers no matter what, especially because one day it could be you, maybe for an entirely different issue but how would you feel if there were dozens of knives in your backs?? Thats how they feel. Keep moral beliefs out of this, if you don't agree with drinking ok, let others have fun. Fact is the crowd loved these guys at the parade, with the exception of 1.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thank you! Sadly the brotherhood died in that department and it in itself was divided into two seperate groups...one of which consisited of the 9 of us that are now gone. It's not like we did anything to the other group really...besides not hanging out with them. The whole thing is plain and simply sad.

Unhappy Disappointed

It is discouraging to read all the threads and here how much dirty laundry is aired. Persons should respect each other always, espically a brother. The fact of the matter is, someone was not happy about the outcome and took it to the extreme. I've belonged to a couple of Volunteer Fire Depts and they all have there issues. The big difference is that a person/persons here decided to go public with it. That is not right. Every Dept paid/volunteer has issues. Paid depts have staffing issues, budget issues etc... Volunteers have staffing issues for the majority. However we all rely on each other at one time or another. A previous dept that I use to belong to did not even have SOG"S, but when the bell rang we did our job. Paid or Volunteer, Mutual Aid or not. Sometimes people need to remember Volunteers are not paid, most of us work a full time job, then put extra time in to make the calls. If you do not agree with what happen then maybe you should go to the person/persons who dismissed them. If this is true to what happened, them I would have done the same. When in uniform,out of uniform, on duty, off duty you are always a Firefighter. When representing your department don't make a scene, drinking,underage drinking, middle finger or anything else espically in the public's eye. It will come back to haunt you, espically if the media catches it.
    This is my view at this time. Hopefully some of you will understand where I am coming from. Thank You.

MembersZone Subscriber

[QUOTE=FFC1976;938924]If this is true to what happened, them I would have done the same. When in uniform,out of uniform, on duty, off duty you are always a Firefighter. When representing your department don't make a scene, drinking,underage drinking, middle finger or anything else espically in the public's eye. It will come back to haunt you, espically if the media catches it.QUOTE]

Sadly only one person acted inappropriately that day. Yet 8 firefighters were dismissed. I being the 9th was not only ashamed of the decision but angry with the department for its poor handling of the situation. Not to meation numerous other issues that are not common for any department. This place is horrible and extremely corrupt. I quit and it was the best thing i've ever done. I work full time in EMS and I am dabbling in law enforcement and I could not be happier.

For the record all the airing of dirty laundry started after the chief lied on TV and in the papers. After he allegedly threatened the 8 firefighters full time jobs if people went to the paper...

MembersZone Subscriber

I think the poor horse is dead!?!

Thread Information