Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Forum Member

Default What a cool looking firehouse

Saw this on a recent trip to Disney World, I think the fire department is "Reed Creek" FD but not positive, they provide fire protection to Disney World and surrounding areas:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Forum Member

Reedy Creek Fire

http://www.reedycreek.org/

MembersZone Subscriber

one of the best fire jobs in central florida by far, if not the best....EXCELLENT pay and money, extraordinary living arrangements, and amazing scenary: your at disney all day for petes sake! yes, no fire, but the living arrangements, scenary(disney, the pretty girls at pleasure island at night, downtown disney etc) is second to none...

Thumbs down They can keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by VESmedic View Post
    yes, no fire, but the living arrangements, scenary(disney, the pretty girls at pleasure island at night, downtown disney etc) is second to none...
    I think I would like it better at the ****hole fire station I go to that works than the fire station at "the happiest place on earth" with nice living arrangements and scenery.

Besides, it may be great on the inside but the outside looks like a f'ing cartoon.

**EDIT - And go to the website. The 1st piece of apparatus listed is the ambulance. That speaks volumes to me about their department.
    Last edited by MemphisE34a; 04-06-2008 at 04:16 PM.
    RK
    cell #901-494-9437

Management is making sure things are done right. Leadership is doing the right thing. The fire service needs alot more leaders and a lot less managers.

"Everyone goes home" is the mantra for the pussification of the modern, American fire service.

Comments made are my own. They do not represent the official position or opinion of the Fire Department or the City for which I am employed. In fact, they are normally exactly the opposite.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MemphisE34a View Post
    I think I would like it better at the ****hole fire station I go to that works than the fire station at "the happiest place on earth" with nice living arrangements and scenery.

Besides, it may be great on the inside but the outside looks like a f'ing cartoon.

**EDIT - And go to the website. The 1st piece of apparatus listed is the ambulance. That speaks volumes to me about their department.
    Well the apparatus page is in alphabetical order, so since ambulance starts with an 'A', it was first in line, but you were too busy acting like an *** to see that I guess.
    The fire service has enough problems with out firefighters trashing each others departments for no real reason.
    Are they supposed to not have pride in their department just because the area they serve doesn't have a lot of fires? I'd imagine that Disney World offers a lot of unique firefighting challenges due to building construction and rides and stuff like that.
    You really just came off as jealous.

Usually you don't sound this bitter, maybe you just woke up wrong.

Forum Member

Very Cool Firehouse.

Disney must pose may difficult and strange emergency situations for the firefighters there.

MembersZone Subscriber

You suppose they go to Mouse Fires!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by mfdbenji View Post
    Very Cool Firehouse.

Disney must pose may difficult and strange emergency situations for the firefighters there.

I'd say they have more "potential" than anything else....Their fire prevention department is second to none, and everyone of their personnel are certified fire inspectors. http://www.mcjackie.com/theCreek.html check out the website. less than 100,000 dollars in fire damage in a place that has 20 million sq ft floor plans. This speaks volumes to me about their fire prevention department. They have had some unique situations though thats for sure. Take for example the rockin rollercoaster getting stuck upside down! In a building that small with a roller coaster that compact, I'm sure it would create an interesting extrication.
    Last edited by VESmedic; 04-06-2008 at 08:29 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

While I have always respected YOUR comments on pretty much everything on this forum, this just came off as incredibly pompous and just made you look stuck up. You know absolutely NOTHING about this area, or reedy creek, yet you run your mouth about it. Trust me, I'm all about being in the slummest of the slums areas (go take a walk down the paramore neighborhood in orlando firehouse 2's first due and then get back to me), but they have an extremely good gig out there, trust me, or anyone that works there. Sure they don't fight much (if any) fire, but there are ALOT of departments all over the united states that are just the same. You swallow your pride for a good paycheck at RCFD, everyone knows that, hell their firemen will tell you the same. For someone whose retired, and wants to start another pension, you couldn't ask for a better place. and also, if you were making the money they are, I doubt you would be complaining either....

Forum Member

Maybe you're both a little bit wrong, your defense of RCFD is that they make a great paycheck, and Memphis is focused on the amount of fire they see.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by nameless View Post
    Maybe you're both a little bit wrong, your defense of RCFD is that they make a great paycheck, and Memphis is focused on the amount of fire they see.
    Not neccessarily. There are alot of fire departments in central florida that see Fire and pay extremely well. Yes the majority of their calls are EMS, and yes their fire stations look "different"..but think about where it is....IT'S DISNEY...For anyone thats been there or knows the area, you realize how disney is. Disney is all about their image and everything "fitting in". Everything in Disney is very happy and cheerful. They do afterall, portray the image of "happiest place on earth". RCFD is a great gig, and one highly sought after in this area, I promise you.

Forum Member

I'm not saying its not a great gig, but if someone is looking to run a lot of jobs then it wouldn't be. One size doesn't fit all.

MembersZone Subscriber

I'm not saying its not a great gig, but if someone is looking to run a lot of jobs then it wouldn't be. One size doesn't fit all.

I agree. But then again, you don't go applying to reedy creek fire department thinking you are going to run fires; Everyone in this area knows this, and you definetly know this when applying.

the station of fire in Siberia is a magnificent place

I think that Uncle Walt would be upset to see that the fire engines are not a Traditional Red.
    Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

That is it exactly!!

I guess I was having a bad day - apologies to all that took it so personally.

I will also admit that I was focused on myself and the present. I imagine it would be a good place to start or a good place to go after retirement. I will also admit that that I am sure applicants know what they are getting in to, so more power to them if that is what they want. My point was that I don't think it would be for me - now or ever, but I guess you never know.

I do stand by the fact that I find the station itself a bit too cartoony looking. I think its the helmet and wavy fire hose that put it over the top for me.

Group hug?
    RK
    cell #901-494-9437

Management is making sure things are done right. Leadership is doing the right thing. The fire service needs alot more leaders and a lot less managers.

"Everyone goes home" is the mantra for the pussification of the modern, American fire service.

Comments made are my own. They do not represent the official position or opinion of the Fire Department or the City for which I am employed. In fact, they are normally exactly the opposite.

55 Years & Still Rolling hwoods's Avatar
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Talking Yeah..........

I'm with Bob. However, I do understand the desire on the part of the Disney Management to have everything look "Cartoony" since that is the focus of their business. I'll skip the Group Hug though, I just got in from a job with a lot of Smoke, and it's Shower Time.
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Forum Member

Well, all of their stations are designed by the Imagineers at Disney anyway. I just came back from a conference, and one of the Reedy Creek officers was there. He gave us a pretty good insight into some of the challenges, and scenarios protecting Disney World poses. I think it'd be an interesting place to work, for at least a little while.

I will admit, the lack of fire would probably get to me though.

That's mean as hell. I bet they soaked their mousketeer neckerchiefs with tears.

You bastard, you vicious, heartless bastard.

I found an "Artist's Rendering" of the first-due crew in action at a recent incident...
    Be safe y'all!
    IACOJ Animal Control
    Ladder 8
    "Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"

Thread Information