MembersZone Subscriber

Smile The Waiting Bar is OPEN!

Those of you still awake after the closing of the 08 AFG submissions, pull up a chair, take a load off your keyboard and I'm buying the first round as a long time lurker and a newbie poster! Thanks to everyone who participates is this forum and good luck to everyone who submitted in 08!

Here's where you can keep your typing fingers in shape preparing for those seemingly endless weeks of logging on and off to check for the wonderful 1199a updates or the unfortunate DJ letters.

Firefighters enjoy the wait responsibly! And anyone under twenty-one should click this link now.

Wave
    Last edited by WaverlyMOFire; 04-14-2008 at 12:53 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks for taking it on Wave. I just got the placed cleaned up from last year. I think I still had a case of Jack hid in the back. I don't think Kurt found it...

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by WJVaughn View Post
    Thanks for taking it on Wave. I just got the placed cleaned up from last year. I think I still had a case of Jack hid in the back. I don't think Kurt found it...
    I didn't need to find your's Warren; remember that little barrel I have out back!! Which by the way is a full quart lower after this weekend, especiaily with my boy Clint Bowyer chasing Carl Edwards all over Texas.
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

MembersZone Subscriber

Welcome Gentlemen!

WJ, my wife doesn't know I opened the bar so mum's the word! I was hopin when I started this I wasn't steppin on anyone's fingers, feet . . . or any other body parts! But if your coming my way throw that case in the truck! Check with me I may need more from the Lynchburg if Kurt hangs around here too long!

Kurt I hope Clint, your KS boy, keeps chasin Carl, my MO boy, for a long, long time! Wasn't sure Carl would pull it off with all those caution laps at the end of the race. But actually Clint's hometown is just about as close Carl's is, but it's just that border thing between MO & KS! I gotta take my lumps enough with the MU-KU basketball rivalry! If Clint were winning and Carl wasn't close I'd cheer for Clint too! Sure is nice to see both of them doing well in the left turn only circuit!

Glad to see you back up on the boards with your March Madness being over. Don't know how you and Brian do it!

I'd wish KU good luck tonight in the final 4 but then it would be in print that I supported them! So I'm not gonna say anything but I hope Memphis has a bad night! Drinks are up!

Wave

MembersZone Subscriber

Wav my favorite Xmas present his year was my brand new wool NASCAR jacket with my Ole # 7
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

Just give me time Kurt, If you hunt long enough here in Kentucky, I have you swithced over to something with some real kick, and send you back home with some Beam. You know its kinda funny though, in Bourban County, Kentucky its a dry county. The govt must have named that county.

MembersZone Subscriber

well the nite before apps were due there i was, sitting in an office with a fire chief and 3 of his guys hammering out the final version of there narrative. cant wait to see how we do, looking for $330,000 for a truck.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Limeforever View Post
    Just give me time Kurt, If you hunt long enough here in Kentucky, I have you swithced over to something with some real kick, and send you back home with some Beam. You know its kinda funny though, in Bourban County, Kentucky its a dry county. The govt must have named that county.
    Yea worked one for Bardstown FD this year and they have promised me some thought provoking libation if we get successful for them. I was impressed 63 million gallons stored in bonded wwarehouses.
    Kurt Bradley

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ktb9780 View Post
    Wav my favorite Xmas present his year was my brand new wool NASCAR jacket with my Ole # 7
    Does that keep you warm in the snow that follows you? Or is it what's in the pocket flask?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by WaverlyMOFire View Post
    Does that keep you warm in the snow that follows you? Or is it what's in the pocket flask?
    OH, I see you know about that little hidden inside pocket they have on that jacket eh?
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

Those warehouses make a nice warm fire when they go up in flame too. Just ask the guys over at the wild turkey facility. It took them two years to restock the local streams with fish. Don't know if they drank themselves to death, or just couldn't swim since the rivers had turned to alcohol. I think bardstown/nelson county got a couple a few years back.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Limeforever View Post
    Those warehouses make a nice warm fire when they go up in flame too. Just ask the guys over at the wild turkey facility. It took them two years to restock the local streams with fish. Don't know if they drank themselves to death, or just couldn't swim since the rivers had turned to alcohol. I think bardstown/nelson county got a couple a few years back.
    Don't forget Derrick, my little home town has FLA Distillery in it also with all the Jack Daniels and Segrmas wine coolers and Cruzan rum produced there. Its been burnt down twice now in less than 20 eyars while I was on there. You don't recall me talking abut parking squad cars and fire trucks too close to a bonded warehouse on fire ? 55 gallon drums of alcohol make the prettiest Roman Candles you have ever seen but they will make a convertible out of a squad car when they hit the roof of it on the re-entry phase. Also a good strong arguement for a TIC onboard at all times there. Six of our guys walked right into a solid wall of flame without seeing it!
    Kurt Bradley

MembersZone Subscriber

Well in an effort to stir up business in this thread, I'm offering a special on postings! The economy is in the dumps and as the opener of this thread it needs business!

So what's your best guess at the date of the first round of 08 AFG grants to be announced?

My guess: Aug 8, 2008!

So what's my special I'm offering? Your reply posts will be 50% off of absolutely nothing so your actual cost . . . . duh! absolutely nothing!

Enjoy your special! Limited quanities, no rainchecks! And this post has $0 cash value!

Wave

Now for the fine print! - Just so I have the proper disclosures (i.e. - lawyer talk) regarding special offers. I was also awarded 1500 bonus points worth absolutely nothing for thinking this up! I can't wait to use them! lol

MembersZone Subscriber

I'm not quite as optimistic as you are Wav but I'll take 8/15!
    Kurt Bradley

MembersZone Subscriber

Last year we were a Round #1 receipient and it was the third Friday in July. I'll go with that again this year; so my official prediction is July 18th, 2008. Although if I remember correctly the application period was later last year, maybe that date should be bumped up a few weeks?

MembersZone Subscriber

I'll take nothing before July 4th.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Sooner

I take the last week in June aw the 27th is my guess and hope.

Forum Member

My crystal ball says it will be July 25th. I also wish it would say I was a 1st round winner. Maybe I should just get the powerball numbers instead, that would be easier!

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by shinds View Post
    Maybe I should just get the powerball numbers instead, that would be easier!
    Hmm? Especially when you let the machine pick'em!

MembersZone Subscriber

Default The crash has happened

AFG Grants close and the message boards come to a screeching slow down. Where is CEDAP to save us from our inactivity...

MembersZone Subscriber

Smile Cheers

Come Saturday PM, I'll be sitting back, kickin' my feet up, relaxing and enjoying a cold frosty one at the newest bar location (sounds like a franchise is coming)....Orlando, FL. Cheers.

Forum Member

The breeze is nicer over on Cocoa Beach, or maybe out at Jetti Park....

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by onebugle View Post
    Come Saturday PM, I'll be sitting back, kickin' my feet up, relaxing and enjoying a cold frosty one at the newest bar location (sounds like a franchise is coming)....Orlando, FL. Cheers.
    Didn't know there was an opportunity to franchise??!! So 1Bugle I didn't even know I was buying into a franchise? This is looking more like a pyramid scheme? With WJ at the top??? (Lucky Guy) No wonder he was happy I started this thread this year! That pyramid comment will probably get WJ's and my tax returns audited for hidden income!! Better pull the personal info from the my profile and change my login! LOL

Orlando sounds great as a location! Good luck and enjoy one for me 1bugle! I'll be hiding from the IRS!

Wave

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by onebugle View Post
    onebugle, give me a shout when you get to Orlando and I'll contribute to your state of bliss with a round. I'm only about 30 minutes away! Where are yoo headed to?
    Kurt Bradley

MembersZone Subscriber

OK, I think I am in the right place. We submitted two AFG grants this year and are waiting to get a yay or nay. This is the first time for me in applying for AFG grants and the first year I have applied for grants at all. When will the DJ letters (I guess that's what they are called) come out if you are booted from the computerized stage? At least that will let me know if anyone is actually reading what I wrote.

BTW, I did apply for and was successful in a Montana Volunteer Firefighters Association grant for pagers earlier this year. That was the first grant I have ever written and it was a go so I was pretty excited about that.

Thread Information