Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Too Old?

Default Too Old?

Hey everyone,
    Been thinking about becoming a fire explorer, however i think it might be too late for me considering I'm going to be 20 next week and at the moment I'm going through an EMT course that lasts til june, and will be heading straight to work as an emt when I'm out(assuming i pass), so I'm wondering since I'll really only have 3/4's of a year to get my foot into it(prolly less), I'll be either heading to Paramedic school/ academy next spring, and I'm an eagle scout so i know my fair share of knots and discipline in that regard =)(though i do realize it has much more to offer) so do you guys think i should bother w/ it considering I'll be working full time along w/ classes, or just skip it? thanks

surfergod-
    I would say yes it's to late. It sounds like you are heading in the right direction with Paramedic school. You could aways try to become a volunteer. We good luck with school, and you career.

Delta107

Explorer programs have ages from 14 to 21, but most cross over to regular firefighter at 18.
    Just someone trying to help! (And by the way....Thanks for YOUR help!)

Aggressive does not have to equal stupid.

** "The comments made here are this person's views and possibly that of the organizations to which I am affiliated" **

Quote Originally Posted by THEFIRENUT View Post
    Explorer programs have ages from 14 to 21, but most cross over to regular firefighter at 18.
    That sounds about right....
    ~But with God all things are possible. Matthew 19:26~

~The very worst fire plan is no plan. The next worse is two plans. ~

~Stay Safe! Everyone Goes Home!~

If you got time, try going through FF1 and becoming a volunteer. It's definately worth the time!

I figured as much, thanks guys for the feedback, appreciate it

I'v been an explorer for almost 3 years now, but im getting into the position to where i will be so busy with school that i will have to resign. you have your mind set in the right path and explorers is a great oppurtunity to get a feel for the fire service but it can only last so long. once your in our shoes the best thing is to finish school and get hired. get that paramedic liscense and thats like the golden ticket...

Thread Information