Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default LODD - Floor Collapse - 2 Dead - What can we do Better?

I have just read about two firefighters who died battling a house fire when the floor collapse... this really really erks me. How many of our brothers have died from floors collapsing? What can we do better? How can we keep this from happening again?

We despertly need to find a way, through prevention, technology, back up systems, or something, so that if and when a floor does collapse, our brothers and sisters come back home!

I urge all officials and firefighters to come up with a way to reduce these deaths and the tolls they take on their familys, their communities, and thier brothers in arms.

I am posting this issue on our wall and urging my chief to relay this message to all firefighters around the nation.

We must act!

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Floor Collapse

Not trying to say that I know what happened in Ohio, because I don't.

I will offer that one must sound the floor when entering and stay low on all fours taking a thermal imaging camera in with you. Don't forget the overhead that you are walking or crawling under, either. Pop the top if you feel heat or see smoke. Taking a hoseline in is a must. If the structure is big and you are away from a hoseline, a rope would help.

Just my two cents. I am sure that there will be much more to follow my simple mind.

This is not the proper forum to discuss strategy and/or tactics. This forum is for the express purpose of expressing condolences for the lose of our brothers. Please show some respcet.

Rest in peace Capt. Robin Broxterman and Firefighter Brian Schira of the Colerain Township Fire Dept. My thoughts and prayers go out to the friends and family of the fallen.
    Last edited by jlcooke3; 04-06-2008 at 03:09 PM. Reason: spelling

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Respect

Your right, this is the wrong forum to discuss strategy and tactics. My apologies. I ment no disrespect. I wrote this out of respect of the fallen and my thoughts and wishes go out to their familes, brothers and loved ones.

May God watch over them and their families always.

Rest in peace Capt. Robin Broxterman and Firefighter Brian Schira. My thoughts and prayers go out to the friends and family of the fallen, and to the Colerain Township Fire Dept.

See, I'd actually argue that it is the right forum to discuss this.

Out of respect for these 2 FF's, what are we going to do to prevent it from happening again.

In fact, in memory of every LODD, what are we doing?
    Luke

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Boots

Did anyone else's computer pop up with the main advertisement being a barely dressed woman and the slogan, "nice boots!" when you clicked on the LODD article? I understand that these probably generate randomly, however, a LODD thread needs to either have ads removed or at least screen those advertisers. You have a female fire captain who gave her life in the line of duty, and you know she had to work extremely hard to get to her position in this line of work, and the main ad is that beside her LODD report? Shameful.

Thread Information