1. You are not a superman.
2. If itís stupid but works, it isnít stupid.
3. Donít look conspicuous - it draws fire. (This is why aircraft carriers are called, ďBomb MagnetsĒ.)
4. When in doubt, empty your magazine.
5. Never share a foxhole with anyone braver than you are.
6. Never forget that your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.
7. If your attack is going really well, itís an ambush.
8. No plan survives the first contact intact.
9. All five-second grenade fuses will burn down in three seconds.
10. Try to look unimportant because the bad guys may be low on ammo.
11. If you are forward of your position, the artillery will fall short.
12. The enemy diversion you are ignoring is the main attack.
13. The important things are always simple.
14. The simple things are always hard.
15. The easy way is always mined.
16. If you are short of everything except enemy, you are in combat.
17. When you have secured an area, donít forget to tell the enemy.
18. Incoming fire has the right of way.
19. Friendly fire Ė isnít.
20. If the enemy is in range, ďSO ARE YOU!!!Ē
21. Not combat ready unit has ever passes inspection.
22. Beer math is: two beers times 37 men = 49 cases.
23. Body count math is: two guerillas plus one portable plus two pigs = 37 enemy killed in action.
24. Things that must be together to work, usually canít be shipped together.
25. Radios will fail as soon as you need fire support desperately.
26. Anything you do can get you shot Ė including doing nothing.
27. Tracers work both ways.
28. The only thing more accurate than incoming enemy fire is incoming friendly fire.
29. Make it tough for the enemy to get in and you canít get out.
30. If you take more than your fair share of objectives, you will have more than your fair share of objectives to take.
31. When both sides are convinced that they are about to lose, they are both right.
32. Professional Soldiers are predictable, but the world is full of amateurs.
33. Murphy was a grunt.
"Captain Bob" www.eatstress.com
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Murphyís Laws of Combat
04-05-2008, 07:11 PM #1
- Join Date
- Aug 2002
- San Francisco Bay Area
Murphyís Laws of Combat
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By RoughRider in forum The Off Duty ForumsReplies: 7Last Post: 10-13-2007, 05:45 PM
By coldfront in forum Firefighters ForumReplies: 0Last Post: 03-25-2006, 01:10 AM
By MalahatTwo7 in forum The Off Duty ForumsReplies: 1Last Post: 06-28-2005, 01:39 AM
By GeorgeWendtCFI in forum New JerseyReplies: 0Last Post: 11-12-2004, 05:26 PM
By ChiefReason in forum IllinoisReplies: 34Last Post: 04-15-2004, 05:30 PM