Williamsville Fire Dept / Hutchinson Hose Co. proudly protects 11000 people living in an area of two square miles. We operate out of 2 stations that protect a primarily residential area. Our department is a public department whose members are on a volunteer status.
The Williamsville Fire Department is one of ten volunteer companies within The Town of Amherst, NY. We serve the Village of Williamsville and a portion of the surrounding Town of Amherst in suburban Buffalo, NY. Fire protection in Williamsville dates back to 1835 with organization of the first formal fire department within the village taking place in 1856. This pioneering group was known as Rough and Ready Fire Engine Company No. 1. The name was changed to the Hutchinson Hose Company in 1908 and remains the incorporated name of the department today. It has the distinction of being the oldest volunteer fire company in Erie County and having the first piece of motorized fire apparatus in the Town of Amherst. Today the department features two stations housing the following apparatus: three 1500 gpm pumpers, a 100-foot ladder tower, heavy rescue truck with Amkus hydraulic rescue tools, two first aid/rescue vehicles and three chiefs vehicles.