Foley Fire Department proudly protects approx 15000 people living in an area of 282 square miles. We operate out of 1 station that protects a primarily rural area. Our department is a public department whose members are on a volunteer status.
Foley Fire Department was first established in 1900, the first fire station being a garage that stood on the corner of 3rd Ave. & Main St., across from the Lumber Yard. The Membership in 1900 consisted of 20 firemen led by Chief T. H. Schwaudt. The first fire equipment they had was a hand pumper with a small tank and hose. When they had a fire, they would haul it to the fire scene and then form a bucket brigade. Foley's first Pumper Truck was a 1930 Chevrolet Chassis with a Waterous pump, mid-mounted under the drivers seat, which was purchased new by the City of Foley, then was later sold in the process of upgrading, but fortunately, was located by members of the department and purchased privately and brought back to Foley, with Foley Fire's name still on the hood. (Previous departments that owned it had only taped over it with their name.) It was then purchased by the Fire Department once again in 2000, and now is kept at the Firehall for a parade vehicle. Foley built there fire Firehall in October 1961, which was located at 251 4th Ave., and was later replaced in 1990 by the new Foley City Hall and Library. The Fire Department was relocated to another brand new Fire Station where it is presently located at 81 Norman Avenue South. Foley Fire Dept. Proudly Serves the following Communities: City of Foley City Of Gilman City Of Ronneby Alberta Township Gilmanton Township Glendorado Township Granite Ledge Township Lakin Township Mayhew Lake Township Maywood Township Morrill Township Santiago Township St. George Township