Youngsville Vol. Fire Department proudly protects 4500 people living in an area of 36 square miles. We operate out of 1 station that protects a primarily rural area. Our department is a public department whose members are on a volunteer status.
In 1850 the village of Youngsville was granted a charter enabling it to become a borough. The first effort toward fire protection was with the bucket brigade. In October of 1901 the Youngsville Hose Company was formed. And it was at this time that the first piece of fire apparatus was purchased for the Borough. In 1902 a new borough building was completed and the fire equipment was housed there until 1969 when the Fire Department moved to its present location. Youngsville Vol. Fire Department also operates a Basic Life Support Ambulance Service. This service began on October 1, 1956. At the present time we offer Ambulance coverage to residences in Younsgville Boro, Brokenstraw Twp., 85 % of Pittsfield Twp., 50 % of Conewango Twp., 20 % of Freehold Twp., and 15 % of Pleasant Twp.