Dale Boro Fire Company proudly protects 1963 people living in an area of 1 square miles. We operate out of 1 station that protects a primarily residential area. Our department is a public department whose members are on a volunteer status.
(GOD BLESS OUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN NEW YORK AND WASHINTON, D.C.--ALWAYS REMEMBER SEPTEMBER 11, 2001) The Dale Boro Fire Company was established on June 6,1893. At that time it was called the Dale Boro Hook& Ladder Company. (the members used hooks for pulling buildings apart and for dragging burning material from buildings. They also used simple ground ladders to do the job.) A hand drawn cart was added approx. two years later. The current company name was adopted April 13, 1904. The Companys' first motorized vehicle was a 1917 American-LaFrance Chemicle Truck. Dale Boro is located on the edge of the city of Johnstown. It is an all volunteer force that has been providing fire protection for over 100 years and EMS for over 50 years. Our County station number is 4. We are in Cambria county in southwestern PA. As of April of 1999, we no longer are a first response for EMS in our Boro.