The Cicero Volunteer Fire Department was chartered on August 17th 1952. The proud history of this department dates back before the 1900's with bucket brigades. Horse's would hitch to a wagon in the early 1900's. The first truck was a 1921 Model T Chemical truck. The Department today uses modern equipment, and services the Town of Cicero, and assists the surounding areas via mutual aid agreements.