Belvoir Volunteer Fire Department proudly protects about 8000 people living in an area of 50 square miles. We operate out of 1 station that protects a primarily rural area. Our department is a public department whose members are on a volunteer status.
The Belvoir Volunteer Fire Department (station 13) was organized in 1959 and was chartered in North Carolina on April 11, 1961. The first station was built around 1965. It was a small, two bay station. In 1982, the department built our current fire station. This station is a 40' by 80' three bay department. Belvoir VFD is a 100% volunteer department. All money is raised and work around the department is done by dedicated volunteers.