Farmingdale Fire Company proudly protects 3500 people living in an area of 2 square miles. We operate out of One stations that protect a primarily residential area. Our department is a public department whose members are on a volunteer status.
On January 28, 1903 the Farmingdale Fire Company, also known as the Farmingdale Hook and Ladder Company Number One, was organized. The first piece of apparatus was purchased in Jamesburg, N.J. for $650.00. It took two teams of horses two days to transfer the equipment from Jamesburg to Farmingdale. In 1910 the Farmingdale Hook and Ladder Company Number One became the offical Farmingdale Borough Fire Department. Later that year, an ordinace was passed to house the Fire Company and its equipment. The building work was completed July 11, 1911 and subsequently was dedicated to the Borough. In 1950 we added an addition to the existing building and three years later, on November 14, 1953, we were able to burn the mortgage.