Triple Springs Volunteer Fire Department. proudly protects 3000 people living in an area of 6 square miles. We operate out of 1 station that protects a primarily rural area. Our department is a public department whose members are on a volunteer status.
Triple Springs Vol Fire Department was established in June of 1984. The Triple Springs Community became an active gathering place in 1945 with a large public swimming pool. People traveled from miles away to enjoy the only public swimming pools in the county or surrounding area at that time. The pool recieved it's water supply from three natural springs and hence forth came the name Triple Springs Swimming Pool. The community had previously been known as the Dixon Store Community but the new name took hold and has proudly been known as the Triple Springs Community since that time. In 1985 Chief Melton requested the county commissioners to adopt a resolution asking the state to provide and erect a sign identifing the community. The resolution was passed and a sign was erected on hwy.49 N about 10 mile north of Roxboro N.C. In 1969 the pool closed due to the death of it's owner Howard C. Gentry. In later years Carolina Power And Light Company built a power plant in the area and now people continue to enjoy swimming, fishing, and boating.