Department ProfileSubmit Department
Kerhonkson Fire Company
Updated: Thursday, July 15, 2010 - 08:24:09 PM
333 Main Street,
Kerhonkson, New York
Toll Free: 911
The Kerhonkson Fire Company proudly protects 2500 people living in an area of 15 square miles. We operate out of 1 station that protects a primarily residential area including light industry. Our department is a public department whose members are on a volunteer status. We respond with two 1500 GPM/2000 gallon Pumper Tankers, one 1250GPM/1000 gallon Engine and a Heavy Rescue Vehicle. The minimum manning for all apparatus is four firefighters before response. The Heavy Rescue requires a certified Hurst Jaws-of-Life Team before response. Our average response time is 5 minutes. We are an ISO Class 4/8B fire department. We have 38 Active Firefighters. All Interior firefighters are certified to a minimum of Firefighter 1. Approximately 25% of our fire district has municipal hydrants which includes a business district and a heavily traveled state highway, Route 209. The other 75% is rural/ residential with light industry and has no signifigant water supply. We use automatic aid from the Napanoch & Accord Fire Departments to supliment our fire attack in this area. We respond to an average of 100 fire and rescue calls per year. We have an active and well trained FASTEAM and do tactical rescue including both vehicle and rope rescue. We respond under an Automatic Aid agreement to the Accord Fire District and to the Ellenville Fire Distict on 2nd alarms.
If you are an authorized department manager for your department's page, and you need to make changes to this department's information, please submit your updates through this form.