Oberlin Fire Department proudly protects 2100 people living in an area of 4 square miles. We operate out of 1 station that protects a primarily residential area. Our department is a public department whose members are on a volunteer status.
The Oberlin Fire Dept. was founded on April 30, 1889. At first two hose carts and a hook and ladder served the city. All of these were hand-drawn. In 1928 the department bought a 1928 GMC Boyer fire truck and thus began the motorized age of the fire service in Oberlin.